Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Very Confused is this a final release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay its final, found a reply by Darren and Dave, thx Trogggy in another post.
Well final for some platforms.

Okay if this has been answered, somewhere else i am unable to find the post.
But has 17 gone "final", because all i see on front page is

Latest Release: Kodi 17.0 "Krypton"
Release Date: 1 February 2017
Announcement: To be made

And 16.1 has been moved to older release,

But i see no official Announcement, only info i see is from Martijn, Jan 27
Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” Release Candidate 4
Posted By: Martijn Kaijser on Jan 27, 2017 in Pre-Release

But i see people bitching about this and that, in almost every sub-forum.
Its been awhile since my last visit, so have not been following progress on 17.
So excuse my ignorance, as to the state 17 is currently at, normally Martijn is fast with the Announcement.
But 17 r4 has no comments for some reason, so is 17 "final".

And Announcement: To be made Feb 1, is very "Kryptic" Big Grin
Thank you, for reading my post.
The announcement is due imminently. The store versions were processed and release a little quicker than we were expecting, which has caused a little confusion.
Darren there seem to be an issue with how the movie scrapper works, correcting should work.
I have The Lord of The Rings ext on Blu-Ray backed up, to my Hard disk's (Legal in Denmark, we pay the movie and music industry, there is a extra fee on blank cd dvd blu-ray disc's and so one, no need to go into that)

But the Movie database scrappers is giving me hell, it claims there is local info stored, there is not Big Grin, it will not show fellowship d1 d2, two tower d1 and return of the king d1 d2, but it will show me two towers d2, but it changed the title even though i made sure to switch to keep title.

When i enter manage its part of the Lord of the Rings collection BUT there is only one movie in there Two towers d2 hehe and the entire sets is 15 disc i have to go to videos file view, other then that the new UI rox, a bit jerky when using rc not as smooth as with 16.1

Great Job "TK's" you nailed it 100% very impressive, so since i have not played much with it yet someone who has please share how i can get the missing 14 disc from LOTR to show, in Movie view.

And if anyone can understand what the heck i am trying to ask, you have my respect Big Grin
it could ofc be as simple as making my own xml again Sad but the movie scrapper found every other movie and put them in the right collection set.
Well almost forgot one last annoying thing if i make a new set i have to do it 3 times before it shows up in manage movie set annoying Smile why 3 times could it not just be 2.

But for now i just want my 14 missing disc to show up, they are in the same folder (Top folder) it sees two towers d2 but refuse to show the others.
I hope i made my self understandable and jd you are not allowed to answer that, i am still within my own Topic sort of Big Grin

But still "TK" good job Big Grin
And just to show i am back, i will dare make a small off topic announcement, i am sure many "TK's" will get on their knees and say Thank You Lord,
Seems i have to wear Glasses to read and write, my Doctor says it should improve my writing and punctuation, or shall we say lack of.
I hate getting old Smile
The name of the 1st movie is "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" - is yours named properly?

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/120-the...f-the-ring
File naming has gotten quite off topic here, but since I'm reading it anyway, here's my $0.02...

If you are relying solely on the names of your files to be properly recognized 100% of the time, I found that fruitless, it's never 100% perfect.

Instead, name your files whatever you want (literally... "whatever you want.mkv" will work just fine, although it's not recommended for manual organization sake!)

Then, make a .nfo file named exactly the same and store it with your movie, called "whatever you want.nfo"

Inside that nfo, simply put a link to the IMDB or TMDB page for your movie.

Done. It will scan it correctly every time, even if there are weird characters in the actual movie name like ":" that you can't put in the file name, which sometimes throw off the scrapers.

If you have your files split, then name them "whatever you want.part.1.mkv", "whatever you want.part.2.mkv" etc.

Cheers
TRJB
Kimkl often gets very off topic.