Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Miles Davis and other Artist are unknown?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello/

With Kody Kryptonit on Win 10 a lot of Artist (famous like Miles Davis) i get no picture and bio information.

I tried "Univesal Artist Scraper" and "the Audio Artist Scraper".

I deleted the Source and map it again. Yesterday i installed the newst Version from Kodi HP.

How i solve the Problem? Delete the Music DB in the File System? Uninstall and install Kodi again?
Other Tools?

Note: All my Music Files (Flac / MP3) are well tagged with the Tool MP3Tag.

Thanks for your help to solve this issue

Greetings
RAL9004
Without a log I can't be absolutely sure, but most likley the Musicbrainz servers - where the scrapers get the initial artist info from - are being hit very hard with many other users doing exactly the same as you. Hence they time out rather than return information.

The solution is patience. Retry later in the week (it is going to be a very busy weekend, a time that has most traffic anyway), buy clicking on "Query Info for All" on the context menu from the artists node.

No need for re-installing etc., that will only make matters worse.
Hello

Thank you for your answer.

Since Kryptonit i have this issue.
I try not only at weekend.

The interessting part in the Log file is this:
12:55:41.186 T:3828 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 503 for http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/?fmt...22Sade%22)
12:55:41.186 T:3828 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
12:55:42.971 T:4104 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 503
12:55:42.971 T:4104 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 503 for http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/?fmt...0Evans%22)
12:55:42.971 T:4104 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site

15:38:29.586 T:5220 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
15:38:29.586 T:5220 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(sources) in sources://music.tbn
15:38:49.701 T:2204 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:38:49.701 T:2204 NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 00:23
15:38:49.755 T:5220 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(sources) in sources://music.tbn
15:38:49.795 T:5464 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
<unknown exception type>

Is there a solution with "The Album Art Downloader"? Or other Tools?

Greetings
ral9004
That log snippit shows exaclty the issue I described - the Musicbrainz server is returning 503 "System Unavailable" errors because the amount of traffic has exceeded its server resources. Remember Musicbrainz is a free service, and Kodi has a lot of users, overload can happen.

I am certain that is why you are not able to get all the artist images yet. I don't think other tools or addons are going to help, AFAIK they all use an initial Musicbrainz lookup.

But I will try to check out the Python callback/script error that you show too, in case that signifies a separate issue.
From following Artist Slideshow add-on thread, I think audiodb site (or at least the api to it) has gone dark due to excessive bandwidth used.

scott s.
Should be all working again now.