Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I wanna do it my way...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, so I'm excited about Krypton, Estuary (and soon LibreELEC 8), and yes, it all looks good, but I can't figure out the simplest things.
- the selection of movies "unwatched" and "recently added" on the home page is good and feels natural as something one would want, but how do I get to the full list of those categories?
- the list of categories at the top is for the most part ridiculous. Who wants to select a movie according to the studio? The year still seems feasible, but a decade might seem more like a common desire ("a movie from the 80 might be cool tonight" just seems a more realistic thought than "hmmm, tonight let's watch a movie from 1983").

So hence, how do I set up stuff like that and how do I reorder the categories and genres?

Thank you for all the fantastic work!
I think you'd have to get used to skinning nd playing with the xml files in the skin folder.
(2017-02-05, 00:19)imforumman Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so I'm excited about Krypton, Estuary (and soon LibreELEC 8), and yes, it all looks good, but I can't figure out the simplest things.
- the selection of movies "unwatched" and "recently added" on the home page is good and feels natural as something one would want, but how do I get to the full list of those categories?
- the list of categories at the top is for the most part ridiculous. Who wants to select a movie according to the studio? The year still seems feasible, but a decade might seem more like a common desire ("a movie from the 80 might be cool tonight" just seems a more realistic thought than "hmmm, tonight let's watch a movie from 1983").

So hence, how do I set up stuff like that and how do I reorder the categories and genres?

Thank you for all the fantastic work!

For movies, TV shows, and music at least, the top categories are all using the new node system. You can edit them using the Node Editor addon. You can reorder, hide, and delete nodes, and you can even create new ones.