Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: APP Hardware graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hy I have noticed that if you install the windows app from the store you loose the chance to choose the graphic card you wish to use like default when you use kodi.
Is it possible to have it back having the chance to choose it in the menu or something else?Huh
I don't think I ever saw a choice to use various video cards, it's just the default graphics that the o/s boots with. If your machine has more than one graphic solution then however you pull that, Kodi would catch that default on load. Usually once windows has a lock on a video driver, it doesn't release the lock without a reboot, but hot switching might be possible now, but it would be a windows feature, nothing within Kodi. Kodi would likely be corrupted if there was a switch of drivers mid stream, so Kodi would need a re-launch anyway.

[Edit]Moving this disscussion to video support [PatK]
I use the regular Windows build and since 10.1 when I started, I have never seen Kodi offer an option to choose which graphics adapter it uses. o.o I would not be shocked if there was something in Advanced Settings but I'm sure there was no menu prompt or anything.