Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I stop Kodi from renaming my folders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason Kodi is renaming my folders. Example "Movies" has become "The Movies". This started happening about 3 months ago when I added a NAS drive to my network. Any idea why this would be happening? Wondering if it's an update or something that I did.

Thanks your time
Kodi does not rename folders.
Perhaps you are using a automatic application or add-on that is doing this, but as far as I am aware this is not something that is in Kodi itself.
To be more specific the folders are normal and unchanged when I view them in Windows Explorer, but when I view them in Kodi they are displaying a different name. I understand this can happen if you have too many unnecessary folders and the media scraper gets confused. In this case the scraper thinks that my Movies folder is a 1925 film named "The Movies". I was able to fix it by removing the folders that I had set up to separate my daughters educational programs and updating the movie library.
RIght, you scraped a top level folder because your sources were set up wrong.
I had not thought of that possibility because it seemed from your description your files were being renamed on disk.