Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fixing incorrect titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have quite a few movies that are showing incorrect titles. I have found a set of instructions here in the forums for fixing them, but the instructions don't work.
A good example is the "Arthur and the Invisibles" series of animated movies. They are all showing up in my library with the French titles.
I have dug all thru my program, add-ons, and scraper settings and they are all set to English by default.
The files are named according to the recommended standard, example "Arthur and the Invisibles (2006) 1080p.BluRay.mp4".
As per the instructions here, I can right-click on the movie, go to information, and hit refresh, and tell it to ignore the stored info and get it again from the 'net.
It only shows one hit, and it has the correct English title. But when I select it and add it to the library, it puts in the French title. I can select 'manual' and edit the title, and it nonetheless still puts in the French title.

As another example, I have some movies that are Japanese, or other foreign, and/or pretty obscure. For example, the Japanese movie "Arrietty". As above, the file is correctly named to standards. I can go to information, hit refresh, and get a long list of hits, not a single one of which is correct. OK, so it's not a popular movie, I can understand that. But I'm forced to pick one from the list, and I don't see any manual override to input the correct information.

So how do I correct these?
Arthur and the Invisibles is originally French and the 'original title' on tmdb is the French version. Do you have 'keep original title' set in scraper settings?

The name of the second movie is ' The Secret World of Arrietty (2010)' - is that what you named it?
Yes, I did have the "keep original title" set in the scraper settings. I changed that to "USA/International" and that fixed the problem for most of my foreign films. Thanks!!! Just as a side note, in the opening credits/title, The Secret World of Arrietty simply says "Arrietty". Go figure.

Nonetheless, the problem still exists for a few of my more obscure videos. I can't find a way to rename them! An example would be "Room on the Broom" (2012) (an independent animated British/German short which was nominated for an Academy award. Very cute!) which it misidentifies as "The Girl on the Broomstick" (1972) from Czechoslovakia.

FYI: I normally use the Transparency skin, but I have tried switching back to the stock Aeon Nox skin because I have discovered certain options missing from the Transparency skin.
How is Room on a Broom named? Full folder and file name.
File is:
D:\Media\Videos\Movies\Movies.2D\Kids\Fully Animated\CGI\Room On The Broom (2012) HDTV.x264-C4TV.mp4

All the levels of folders is 'cuz I'm an animation freak and have tons of animated videos, of all sorts and categories.
Technically, it's not a movie, it was originally an animated short for a film festival, and later turned into a TV show. The TV scraper may have better luck.

But my whole point of this is... How do I edit the title (and maybe other info) of a library entry? I suppose I could directly edit the library database file. But I can't find any way to do it within the Kodi GUI.
You can change the title in the gui, but not the other metadata.

Your folder structure makes it very difficult to scrape. I thoroughly recommend:

D:\Movies\Room On The Broom (2012)\Room On The Broom (2012) HDTV.x264-C4TVmp4

Kodi will know it is animated etc through the metadata.

If you don't want to rearrange the folders, put a file Room On The Broom (2012) HDTV.x264-C4TV.nfo with one line in it, the tmdb url for the movie.