Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Title Not Displayed for SD Content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something that I have noticed is that the movie name is not displayed for SD content. I use MyMovies to generate the nfo files for both BluRays that are ripped to mp4 files and DVDs ripped to VIDEO_TS structures. In Kodi, I have it set to scan recursively and have movies in individual folders that match the movie title. After the media is added, all videos are added to the library and the covers are displayed. However, only the HD videos show the top portion of the cover and then list the name of the movie below in the Wall view. The SD videos show the whole cover, but no name.

I would like the look to be consistent, so I am trying to figure out what is going on. I attempted to convert the VIDEO_TS structures to mkv files, but after completely cleaning the database and adding the media back, the same thing happens. I am not sure if this is a bug in Kodi 17 or if I am missing something entirely. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
This sounds more of a skin issue than a Kodi windows problem. What skin and version of Kodi are you using? I'll slot this query into the skin that is appropriate.
This is actually occurring in the new default Estuary skin. The following link is to a screen shot of what I am talking about.

SD No Title

All of the movies with names displaying are HD and the ones without are SD.
I have this happening on various Movie and TV Show icons and it appears to be because there is no 'Poster' set. Open up the info page and choose art to set the Poster.
mcfang - thanks for the tip. I looked at the folder structure of my HD and SD rips and they contain the same content and the files are named similarly. However, I created poster.jpg files in the HD movie folders and that did the trick. It is strange that this anomaly was specific to the file format, but in any event, I was able to fix the issue and make the appearance of all movies in my collection consistent. Thanks again.