Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Harmony remote to keyboard presses?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So pretty happy with my old Harmony 550 remote, even though I have never been able to get the MCE keyboard or mouse stuff to work. Had been using Flix2Kodi to watch Netflix but it is broke again and forced to go through Chrome Launcher. This creates the issue of using a mouse. My current situation uses Droid Mouse on my phone but would like something on my remote. I have been able to map keyboard presses to mouse actions through xbindkeys and xdotool but cannot seem to figure out how to make my arrow and ok key on my remote function as keyboard presses for this to work.

My xbindkeysrc
Code:
"xdotool mousemove_relative --sync -- 0 -100"
Mod2+Up

"xdotool mousemove_relative --sync -- 0 +100"
Mod2+Down

"xdotool mousemove_relative --sync -- -100 0"
Mod2+Left

"xdotool mousemove_relative --sync -- 100 0"
Mod2+Right

"sleep 1 && xdotool click 1"
Return

My chrome launcher script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
xbindkeys -p &
/usr/bin/google-chrome "$@"
killall xbindkeys
kill %1
So ended up going a different route. Found this thread on the OpenELEC forum: http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7759...azon-prime
Could not seem to get Chrome/Chromium to install in OpenELEC from the addons. So I went with LibeELEC which seems to be a little more updated. Set Chromium up to go to Netflix. I can hit the info button on my remote and the arrow keys now move the mouse pointer. Also much smaller platform than LinuxMint which gave me back 11Gb for storage.