Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon FireTV Utility App - error: device not found - waiting for device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

I recently tried installing KODI onto my Amazon FireTV box, following the instructions from this video. link removed

I first turned on Amazon box... tuned on both ADB debugging and Apps from unknown. Then I downloaded the KODI arm version download. I got the IP address of the Amazon box - 192.168.0.13 (I also did a cmd ping to this). Then I downloaded the Amazon FireTV Utility App (in YouTube desc) and put it into C:\FTV. I ran the app (on a Windows 10 PC), added my Amazon FireTV box using the IP and selected the KODI file. When I clicked Side Load 3rd Party Application, problems...

"error: device not found
- waiting for device -"

I've also encountered others such as daemon not running and starting daemon. Once had cannot find path.

"ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
- waiting for device -"

What should I do? Bradley.
Firstly thread moved to Android, as Fire TV isn't known for running Windows.

Secondly given that video is installing helix 14.1, is somewhat outdated given we just released Krypton 17.0.

You'd be better looking on the wiki - HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Fire TV (wiki).

Edited to add - the link content violates our forum rules (wiki) and had been removed. Not the video itself but the accompanying text with it.