Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought two boxes and one was rooted. Is rooting them "taboo" to talk about? I quickly looked through the forum rules and didn't see anything about that. Or at least to my little knowledge.

The reason I ask is from everything I see online it seems as if rooted boxes allow for me more options.

So first off now if they are allowed to be talked how do I root my other box?

And they aren't allowed to be talked about I am sorry for bringing it up and will just leave both boxes they way they are.

Thanks in advance
Rooted boxes are not taboo, in fact you need to root certain Android devices to install various Android Apps and have them work properly - the legit PS3 Sixaxis controller App as one example.

We cannot help here on the Kodi forums with Rooting and Firmware issues. See other Android websites like Freaktab for help.

What cannot be discussed is video Piracy, installing and using banned Kodi Addons and any other problems to do with illegal online video streaming.
Please read the Forum Rules at the top of the forum for details about such issues.
Thanks for the quick response. And yeah makes sense about the second part.