Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 RC2 to 4 - Ubuntu 16.04 Visualization PROJECT M Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

It seems that there is an issue with projectm and shader toy causing Kodi 17 rc 2 to 4 to crash on Ubuntu 16.04 and maybe others. I've created a ticket that has not been processed yet (some weeks ago) can somebody confirm my issue or might share a workaround?

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17204

Thank you

Wolfgang
We should use the post regarding the problem and don't go off-topic in the wrong post ^^

Here's my crashlog.
Looks like the same cause to me.

Maybe it would help compiling it with these changes described in here.
Won't work on intel anymore. As here we use EGL context instead of GL contexts - it will crash right away projectm starts.

Quote:#2 0x00007fc4b47259d4 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1
#3 0x00007fc4b4720fa2 in glXQueryVersion () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1
#4 0x00007fc4639c1b34 in glxewInit () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLEW.so.1.13 <- see
That's a bummer.
Was this change in Kodi, ProjectM or both?
Any chance to use an older version or compile an older commit of ProjectM for use with Krypton?
Nope, sadly not.
yes you can try my patched version as described there. apparently the other dude that tried had some problems, but i haven't had time to look into it. some more context http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305558
Thank you. I noticed when using the nightly of Kodi I get the same result as they do when compiling. Kodi won't crash but it can't load project management anyone. I can only try to compile myself but I just wanted to raise awareness on this. Should be working out of the repo...
the point is that you have to patch *libprojectm* - to fix the mentioned intel-gpu issue (the patch in the branch pointed out rips out glew).

if by project management you mean add-on settings, i have had it reported but i cannot reproduce on any of the 5 (4 nvidia, 1 amd) machines i have tried. i tried to fix it in the blind through https://github.com/notspiff/visualizatio...729dd231be but nobody reported back, so here we are. if not i need a proper backtrace to fix it, it's unpossible to guess without any information to go by.
Yeah sorry auto correct...I ment projectm. So the new repo version with kodi 18 alpha and obviously a newer projectm leads to the error message it can't be loaded. Debug log does not indicate much more. So how can I support this. I am running Kodi on Ubuntu 16.04 on a QNAP with Linux Station. If further dumps and test are required I am happy to help and test. But in case please provide me with detailed commands / work flow.... thank you
well, for starters, a debug log file so we can see why the add-on can't be loaded. the only logs available shows the intel issue that we have explained in detail above, and which i have provided a (potential) fix for.
Can you provide me a compiled version running on Ubuntu 16.04? Or do I need to compile myself?
What I can do easily is switch the kodi ppa to nightly update and debug provide logs. Would this be helpful than I go forward. Cheers W
build yourself please, my systems are so customized i cannot guarantee that the binary would run on your box.