Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvhClient Remote Access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Loving TVH and the ease of use of the iOS / Andoid TvhClient app for setting recordings and watching streams locally has even impressed the gf. I'd like to take it a step further and allow the mobile app access to be able to set recordings over the mobile network, outside of my LAN. This will please the gf as she can set recordings while at work etc. I've googled Tvh remote access etc. but no luck finding a rough step by step. Anyone done similar?

My thoughts were something like;

Somehow allow external access by opening a router port?
Create a new Tvh user account just allowing setting of DVR controls, and make the username and password very complex for some security?
The mobile apps allow multiple Tvh setups, so I can switch to a normal user while on the LAN for full functions when at home.

I appreciate this opens up a potential access point in my network, which I don't want to be a risk, so looking for any advice if this is a wise move and the best, safest way to accomplish it.

Thanks
You have to open port 9982 and 9981 in your router config.
in tvhclient set as hostname your external ip or dyndns-name.
thats all.

i think you can change the ports to something different, so its a little bit more secure.. Huh
(2017-02-06, 22:30)himisk71 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to open port 9982 and 9981 in your router config.
in tvhclient set as hostname your external ip or dyndns-name.
thats all.

i think you can change the ports to something different, so its a little bit more secure.. Huh

Alternatively you can look at running a VPN server on your home network, allowing you to VPN in securely to your home network, without having to open/forward ports. Bit more complicated - but potentially more secure.