Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Sovled] External Drive Inaccessible (Invalid argument)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've got a problem with kodi 17.0, installed on a raspberry pi 3 using retropie (raspbian based distrib).
I'm trying to share some folders of my external drive (using smb, Windows 8.0 X64), but whenever I try to access those from Kodi, I got this error "invalid argument".
But what is really weird, is that Kodi does manage to see the residential group, does manage to access the list of shared folders, and can even browser folders from my local hard drive. But not the folders from my USB external hard drive.

I already tried to increase the IRPStackSize up to 32, but it didn't change a thing. Moreover if I can access the local folders, I don't think it's a stack size issue.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going ? Even a clue ?

Thanks for reading and even more thanks for answering

EDIT : got this error when trying to acces folders from TotalCommander (Android) : 0xC0000205 . Now that's more helpful than "Invalid Argument"

EDIT2 : I solved the problem.
From windows regedit you need to set
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\IRPStackSize to 32 (decimal)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters\size to 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache to 3
And then restart windows.

At least it did it for me. Good luck