Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Modifications to Estuary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I just want to make some modifications on Estuary for things that I find annoying. When I view a movie and press pause appear some controls up and down in the screen. When I start again playback those controls have a delay about 3 seconds to disappear which is very annoying and unnecessary, especially when you are using subtitles. Is it possible, just modifying an xml file, to remove this delay? To have an effect like in confluence?

Also in fast forward these controls appear again with the same effect. Is it possible to cancel their appearance through some xml modification?

Thanks for any help.
I do not know how to solve this (I HATE skinning), but you're right, OSD during pause makes it impossible to read subtitle.

IMO one more point which makes Estuary in many situations very unuseful
I found the solution. For anyone interested, just remove Player.DisplayAfterSeek from <visible> in the start of "DialogSeekBar.xml" as below.

<visible>[[Player.Seeking | [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo)] + Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo)] | Window.IsActive(visualisation) | !IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric)</visible>

The seek bar appears but disappears immediately when playback starts again. If you want to remove seek bar completely at pause, remove [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] too.
I have that problem as well, but I'd like to move the information currently in the center of the seek bar to the left edge and increase the shadow transparency to let the subtitles be seen better.
Just move your sub up a bit.
(2017-02-23, 06:05)ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]Just move your sub up a bit.

How about Kodi doing that for me?
Why should subtitles be in the middle of the image all the time when the problem is with the Estuary SeekDialog?
What was wrong with the unobtrusive window used in the previous standard Kodi skin?

So many questions...
Hi,

Just a question:
Where did you find ''DialogSeekBar.xml''?
I'm in .kodi>userdata>addon_data>skin.estuary but I only have ''settings.xml''

Thank you
(2017-03-30, 16:16)spm88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Just a question:
Where did you find ''DialogSeekBar.xml''?
I'm in .kodi>userdata>addon_data>skin.estuary but I only have ''settings.xml''

Thank you

Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\xml\
Thank you.

I found it here:
/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/
Stop working on update 17.1?
nm
(2017-02-09, 08:33)d100 Wrote: [ -> ]I found the solution. For anyone interested, just remove Player.DisplayAfterSeek from <visible> in the start of "DialogSeekBar.xml" as below.

<visible>[[Player.Seeking | [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo)] + Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo)] | Window.IsActive(visualisation) | !IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric)</visible>

The seek bar appears but disappears immediately when playback starts again. If you want to remove seek bar completely at pause, remove [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] too.

Thanks for this tip. Works perfectly.

BTW, removing the overlay when pausing loses nothing, because you can always force the overlay to appear with the "menu" key.
(2017-02-09, 08:33)d100 Wrote: [ -> ]I found the solution. For anyone interested, just remove Player.DisplayAfterSeek from <visible> in the start of "DialogSeekBar.xml" as below.

And if you want the seek bar to stay on for s number of seconds after pausing you can do this instead

Player.Paused + !Player.Caching + !System.IdleTime(s)
Thanks, very useful!
The attached patch fixes the problem, and IMO it is not too ugly to distract. The downside is that the OSD strip (one you get pressing ENTER) has no background — do not know how to fix this (probably one may include another PNG with much more transparency; did not try this, and do not know whether one may change opacity inside XML).

41% is almost the minimum which works for me with timing in format HH:MM:SS (38% is too narrow, one gets HH:MM:…).

Enjoy, Ilya

Code:
--- DialogSeekBar.xml-pre    2017-08-21 19:01:40.000000000 -0700
+++ DialogSeekBar.xml    2017-09-24 20:32:55.859539000 -0700
@@ -3,19 +3,28 @@
    <visible>Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo) | !IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric)</visible>
    <visible>!Window.IsActive(sliderdialog)</visible>
    <visible>Window.IsActive(visualisation) | Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo)</visible>
-    <include>Animation_BottomSlide</include>
+    <include>OpenClose_FadeSlide_Left</include>
    <depth>DepthOSD</depth>
    <zorder>0</zorder>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
-            <bottom>0</bottom>
+            <top>3%</top>
            <height>190</height>
+            <width>41%</width>
            <control type="image">
-                <left>-40</left>
-                <width>120%</width>
-                <height>200</height>
+                <left>-4</left>
+                <width>102%</width>
+                <height>50</height>
+                <bottom>90</bottom>
                <texture flipy="true">frame/osdfade.png</texture>
            </control>
+            <control type="image">
+                <left>-4</left>
+                <width>102%</width>
+                <height>100</height>
+                <bottom>-10</bottom>
+                <texture>frame/osdfade.png</texture>
+            </control>
            <control type="group">
                <visible>!Window.IsVisible(videoosd) + !Window.IsVisible(musicosd)</visible>
                <animation effect="fade" time="200">VisibleChange</animation>
Pages: 1 2