Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 "Database migration in progress" for hours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just upgraded on Windows 10 using the new Windows Store method, but I didn't get past the initial "Database migration in progress - please wait..." screen. I eventually gave up and uninstalled Kodi 17 and then reinstalled it using the installer. I get the same problem - it's been on this screen for 18 hours. I previously tried killing the app and restarting it but it made no difference.

Help!

Thanks,
Ed
Same here, only for me it has now been over 40 hours. :S Is there any way I can tell if it is even still doing something?

FYI: My database is on my NAS, which is sometimes slow (opening series can take somwehere from 10 seconds to a minute) and the database is fairly big. But still I don't think migrating it should take this long!
Open the location of the Debug Log and look what it's doing.
You can also abort, remove the v17 database versions and try again with debugging enabled if necessary
FWIW, I had the same issue - seemingly paused forever on database migration (Linux, though, with mysql on the same box).

I killed Kodi, went into mysql, and dropped all my pre-Jarvis databases. I could also see that MyMusic had updated (to MyMusic60), but not MyVideos (so no MyVideos107) - so I dropped the Krypton MyMusic database as well for good measure, leaving my just with Jarvis.

Re-run Kodi, watch the log, and all was well in a few minutes.