Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: All Various Artists share same image - no image files in root folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This one is driving me nuts.

The picture below is always shown when there's no image for an artist. BUT, I double checked my root folder, no image there. Where does it come from?

If somebody knows the lady in the picture it would help a lot to narrow it down:

Who's that girl?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
I once had the same. For me it was a picture of Britney Spears that appeared for many artists. I don't remember exactly why that happened. If I remember correctly I did an export of my music library before that and I think a picture (folder.jpg) of Britney Spears appeared in the folder where I had my compilations or my single files that did not fit into my usual "artist-album" structure of my music collection. Was many years ago, so I don't remember exactly.
Another of our community was plagued by Adam Ant Smile

Usually it is a folder.jpg in a folder that Kodi is taking as the folder for an artist (the common parent folder of all the songs by that artists including collaborations). Here I have to wonder if it could be a corruption of the Thumbnail db too. To start with do see if you can locate the jpg with Enya.
I have seen this behavior before in Kodi 16.1 (and earlier). Basically, when you scroll through a list of Artists, and you come upon one that doesn't have a poster, Kodi seems to randomly select a poster from another Artist. Once it does this, that artists poster will be cached in Kodi, and will now be used with any artist that doesn't have a poster.

So to avoid this issue, I've went through all my Artists (using MediaElch), and verified they all have Posters, Fanart, and everything else that program has to offer. Wink
Thanks a lot.

It's fanart.jpg in the Enya folder and fanart1.jpg, fanart11.jpg in the extrafanart folder. All three images are of different file size. My structure is as follows:

/music/E/Enya/Album name/track name
/music/E/Enya/extrafanart

Now I want to remove that image from the cache or database. How can I do that?

TIA
Short question:
Is there a place one could add a nocover.jpg somewhere that kodi will certainly pick if none is found, to prevent the all_is_enya case and let the user see where additional work is needed?

An intended all_is_enya case with a nocover.jpg like this:
Yes there is, place it in the root folder of your music. Or at least that worked for me in the past (plus you can add fanart.jpg too).
(2017-02-09, 20:50)hawikoeln Wrote: [ -> ]It's fanart.jpg in the Enya folder and fanart1.jpg, fanart11.jpg in the extrafanart folder. All three images are of different file size. My structure is as follows:

/music/E/Enya/Album name/track name
/music/E/Enya/extrafanart

Now I want to remove that image from the cache or database. How can I do that?
Nothing wrong with that structure, and I can see no reason for Kodi to pick that image up for other artists from there. Are you using a skin that uses the CDArt addon? Not that I am blaming that if you are, just that it behaves slightly differently from "vanilla" Kodi. So a bit odd. But let's see if a clean out fixes it.

To clear out thumbnails delete userdata/Database/Textures13.db and all the folders in userdata/Thumbnails/

Feedback on Enya disappearing/reapperaing.
I'm using the Global search and the DVBLink plugin - nothing else. I'm using Confluence as Skin (hate the new one because I don't like half covers in horizontal or vertical view).

- Stop Kodi
- Deleted the Textures13.db and deleted 74,000 thumbnails ...
- Restart Kodi

Playing Joe Cocker - Enya reappears while scrolling thru my Samplers. Arghh!

***Edit1:*** Copied no_cover.png from above as folder.png into the root folder of my music library. Enya still appears after Kodi restart. Arghh1
Did two additional tests. I checked the databases:

On MyMusic60.db:
select * from artist where strImage like '%Enya%' or strFanart like '%Enya%'
--> Only one row for the artist Enya itself with lots of thumbs in strImage and lots of fanart in strFanart.

On Textures13.db:
select * from texture where url like '%Enya%'
--> smb://NAS/music/E/Enya/fanart.jpg

Enya is still shown for example for all albums without cover in Sampler view.

Any further ideas?
Oh poo, clearing thumbnails didn't kill Enya.

You are seeing her for both artists without art and for albums without cover?

Grasping at straws.... could there be a hidden folder.jpg?

Just for now delete those Enya images from your music system. Delete the thumbnails again. Restart with debug on and browse immediately to places you have seen her. Does she still appear? Post debug log to pastebin.

Another team member has suggested adding
Code:
<musicthumbs>  
  <remove>folder.jpg</remove>
</musicthumbs>
to advancedsettings.xml

A new one to me, but worth a try. This should stop Kodi using any folder.jpg, so if Enya reappears we know she isn't in one of those!
In my setup, I used a different way to various artists.

Instead use Various Artists In albumartist tag, I use the name of the album

e.g: Mortal Kombat.
I've put Mortal Kombat in the albumartist, but keep the original artist, e.g Type O Negative.
And in the folder Mortal Kombat, I've put a fanart.jpg, folder.jpg an logo.png.

this way, I've have an Artist Mortal Kombat in my artist list.

But the images came from my Type O Negative artist

And if I go to Type O Negative Artist, I see the album "mortal Kombat: Original Motion Picture"
watch gallery
(2017-02-10, 15:23)hawikoeln Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the Global search and the DVBLink plugin - nothing else. I'm using Confluence as Skin (hate the new one because I don't like half covers in horizontal or vertical view).

- Stop Kodi
- Deleted the Textures13.db and deleted 74,000 thumbnails ...
- Restart Kodi

Playing Joe Cocker - Enya reappears while scrolling thru my Samplers. Arghh!

***Edit1:*** Copied no_cover.png from above as folder.png into the root folder of my music library. Enya still appears after Kodi restart. Arghh1

But did you follow the same steps, once you copied the no_cover;png...

- Stop Kodi
- Delete Textrue13.db
- Copy no_cover.png to the root Music folder.
- Restart Kodi.
- find an artist with no thumb and see what happens.

Also, I believe there are issues with Kodi using .png files for posters (as well as other file types). I only use .jpg files and this always seems to work for me.
Thanks guys.

I looked thru all new generated thumbnails in userdata/thumbnails and found the Enya image. With that cachedurl I did look into the texture database and the image is from the file ".../E/Enya/fanart.jpg".

Now I'm pretty sure that an SQL query or something like that walks the wrong way at some point.

To make it clear: In Confluence I go-to Music>Sampler. Whenever the albumartist is "Various Artists" Enya is shown as fanart.

@DaveBlake: Could you please point me to the corresponding statement in the code. I do have a huge library. I could test with my library. As a retired DB2 admin I'm pretty sure that I will understand the logic...
Pages: 1 2