Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple movie libraries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have installed Libreelec on my Odroid-C2.
On the left side I have Movies, TV shows ETC.

What I really want is the following:
Movies (links to: smb://synology/movies)
Movies kids (links to: smb://synology/movies_kids)
Movies other (links to: smb://synology/movies_other)
TV shows (links to: smb://synology/tv)

Is there a way I can add more movies libraries to the left side of Kodi?
So I have multiple libraries set up pointing to different locations?
you could use custom nodes. The example shown here under 4.2 should be what you are looking for
I've done exactly this with Smart Playlists.

I've set a playlist that includeds everything with a path that contains \\192.168.1.100\movies\kids. then i've pointed a custom menu item to that.
Thanks guys, gonna have a look!
Guys I have searched and searched but I don't think the default skin (Estuary) supports smart playlist or nodes in the left hand menu, am I right?
It doesn't. You need a skin that does - there are plenty of them, including estuary mods.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
I've tried Estuary mod. But it seems to be sluggish on my Odroid-C2.
I have tried to create custom nodes.
But how can I show them on my home screen?
I'm using the Estuary-mod skin from repository.schismtvaddons.
Well actually I can show them on my home screen but there are no movies added to those nodes...
You need to add them all first to your movie library,
Then the playlist options will work

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
Is there no other way than the playlists?

My movies are already scraped and visible in "Movies".
So that's not the problem.

I'm a Popcorn Hour user and used to the just add a network share and create a "jukebox" for that share.
I just want diversion in my movies. But still use the recently added widget but with only the movies showing that belong to that share.

So for Kids I only want to show the recently added kids movies.
That's what I've also,
The kids section has the recently added kids movies and the main movies only has the recently added movies (not the movies that are in the kids directory)

Ok cool!
I'll take a look once more than.
If I have more question I'll post back here.
Bedankt! :-)
(2017-02-18, 21:17)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I've also,
The kids section has the recently added kids movies and the main movies only has the recently added movies (not the movies that are in the kids directory)

I'm sorry to be such a n00b but I can't get it to work the way I want.
This is what I have done:

Fresh install LibreElec 7.95.3
Install Estuary-mod skin from Schism TV Addons
Open Kodi and go to Videos --> Files --> Add Videos
Add first video source (smb://192.168.1.10/movies_kids) and scrape info after adding
Add second video source (smb://192.168.1.10/movies_classics) and scrape info after adding

Now I go to settings --> skin settings --> main menu items --> customize main menu
Here I can add new menu items. I can add both sources as new item. They both appear in the main menu.
But if I add a "recently added movies" widget to one of the menu items it will refer to all "recently added movies" not just the movies that are in that particular source.

The same goes for smart playlists.
I'm not at home at the moment,
So I can't show you how I've set it up.
I know I made a playlist that it won't show the the other movie folder and added that to the main menu.
The same for unseen (recently added) in reverse order and only from the movies I want.
In my case I separated the kids movies from the main movies and both have a separate recently unseen list.

Pages: 1 2 3