Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android Stick Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am a not very 'tech savvie' grandmother who is having problems loading Kodi onto an Android TV Stick, I hope someone out there can help? I already have one Android Stick which I loaded with Kodi last year and am extremely happy with. However, this week I purchased another similar stick, and tried to do the same. Unfortunately, Kodi 17 (from my internet searches) seems to require Android 5.0 and above. I now realise the stick I am using is Android 4.2. My other stick seems to be working on Kodi 14.2 Helix. I have tried to find and download this file/app without success. Does anyone out there have any idea how to do this? If they do hints and tips in 'English' (not tech language) would be most helpful, perhaps even a simple step by step instruction.
I Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help.
You can still use Kodi v16.1 that should work on Android 4.4.2. If you had Helix, Jarvis will be upgrade anyways Smile So just go to Kodi website and download APK file (under "older versions"), copy it to your stick and launch to install (from i.e. ES explorer or similar file manager which you can install from play store).

Krypton indeed requires Android v.5 or newer.
direct link to the .apk files Wink
Hi you guys. You are genius, I have now downloaded the Kodi I wanted and all the add ons that I required. Thank you very much