Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi doesn't start due to encoding library error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi isn't starting for some reason, and I'm not sure I understand how it's supposed to work. I currently use Plex and Mediatomb, and would like to switch to Kodi. So here's what I did and what happened:

I added Jessie-backports repository, then did the magic of

Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi

Everything seemed to go fine.

Then, I followed the instructions here in this wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Autostart_Kodi_for_Linux) to get it to start with Debian, but then nothing happens (perhaps because I don't know what to expect)!

I wanna make a note that I'm using a terminal server without a GUI. I expect Kodi to have some web interface (which apparently it does), where I can add my media directories. But I couldn't even get it to start to follow the settings on that page.

On my terminal, if I start it (by running `kodi` or `kodi-standalone`), I get the error:

Quote:>/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin: relocation error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavfilter.so.6: symbol avpriv_do_elbg, version LIBAVCODEC_57 not defined in file libavcodec.so.57 with link time reference

So what am I missing here? How can I start Kodi?

Ultimately, I wish to get something like a Raspberry Pi 2 (like I do now with Rasplex) to stream videos from my server to my TV.

Please ask if you need more information.