Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Casting Apps Questions - specifically Megacast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am fairly new to Kodi and still investigation the various Casting Apps for my Android device to cast to Chromecast

I've tried Allcast(Premium), Localcast(free), Megacast(free) and WebVideoCast(free)
Megacast has the benefit of having a transcoder built it for codecs not compatible with Chromecast.
This seems to work for local files on my device or on my local network - for which Kodi is not needed
However, I have not seen any evidence of the transcoding facility working with Kodi Streams.
I have one movie bookmarked which I think uses DivX5, and it does nothing with that
Has anyone any experience with Megacast and had success in transcoding Kodi Streams ?

Also, is anyone aware of any Casting Apps which have the facility to display 4:3 videos full screen.
I keep hoping that VLC Casting, which I read is in the pipeline, will soon come to pass and offer this kind of facility, as the App for local play does.
lo

what's the chromecast for? Are you going from one TV to another?
No. I am running Kodi 17 on my Android tablet and wish to cast to a large TV