Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable All Seasons, Albums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to disable all Seasons, and all albums? Hoping I over looked it somewhere..
Settings > Library > Videos > Show "All items" entry
Settings > Library > Music > Show "All items" entry

If you want to disable it from the skin, you can use the skin helper tool to set a system bool
(you get these from the kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml file).

Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=videolibrary.showallitems)
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=musiclibrary.showallitems)
Thank I did it manual for now .... I can not for the life of me figure out how to use ski.helper service no mater what I do it never works for me ... except the wigets lol....

<onload>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setkodisetting,setting=videolibra​ry.showallitems,value=false)</onload>

<onload>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setkodisetting,setting=musiclibra​ry.showallitems,value=false)</onload>

I put that in my start up and just get errors
That's a toggle action. You cannot use a value there. Just use the System.GetBool function to get the required condition (returns true if set).

Correct code
Code:
<onload condition="System.GetBool(videolibra​​ry.showallitems)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=videolibra​​ry.showallitems)</onload>
<onload  condition="System.GetBool(musiclibrary.showallitems)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=musiclibrary.showallitems)</onload>

Edit:
You have to keep in mind that this setting is set globally and will be disabled on other skins, too. A lot of users don't like it to play with settings, which aren't skin related. The best option is to ask the users to disable that items (skin settings or implement a custom startup routine).
still don't work for me.. I update to the newest skin helper repo as well... I have it in the start up.xml not sure if that makes a difference.
(2017-02-12, 08:41)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]That's a toggle action. You cannot use a value there. Just use the System.GetBool function to get the required condition (returns true if set).

Correct code
Code:
<onload condition="System.GetBool(videolibra​​ry.showallitems)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=videolibra​​ry.showallitems)</onload>
<onload  condition="System.GetBool(musiclibrary.showallitems)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=musiclibrary.showallitems)</onload>

Edit:
You have to keep in mind that this setting is set globally and will be disabled on other skins, too. A lot of users don't like it to play with settings, which aren't skin related. The best option is to ask the users to disable that items (skin settings or implement a custom startup routine).
IMO this is something that scripts just should not be allowed to do. Too many opportunities for abuse and users won't know what is causing their settings to change.
If you need a reference:
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.fTVfred...tartUp.xml

@braz:
It's a great feature. It's up to the skinners to use it carefully.
well personally if I could ever get it to work ... I planned on making a frist run sequence for all setting and explaining things..

But as normal skin.helper has so much to offer and make skinning life simple.... true... but the only thing that I have go to work is skin helper widgets and color picker so... yea
Thanks Sualfred... It work wonderful with a button....so that makes it easier with the first run thing... Thanks a ton. just make the music section look a lot cleaner...
How would I call to set keyboard to qwerty? What would that be called to use the togglekodisettigs