Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of al i would like to thank you for all the hard work that went in to creating this skin, its awesome and can't imagine not using it when kodi 18 gets released.

I have been a big fan of Kodi for a while now and have been using kodi 17 dsplayer on my htpc. 
Recently i have found out about a lot of Kodi addons that would allow me to loose my mouse an keyboard completely from my htpc.
This made me try kodi 18 and fiddle around with a lot of addons like the new netflix addon, plex, emby, youtube, tvtunes
Soon i found out i needed a skin that allowed me to edit the main menu so i could add emulators and netflix for example and found out about your skin mod, which i completely fell in love with.

Now with the new update i ran into some trouble with a strange error screen that wouldn't go away and eventually kodi stuck in a reboot loop.
After reading here about the new KN Addon caretaker i got it working again and understand the empty error should be fixed already.

Apparently the fact that i was using TVtunes was the problem.

I have just recently found out about this plugin after trying plex that has the same functionality, which i thought was awesome, so looked for a kodi equivalent and found TVtunes.
I have been painstakingly cutting al the theme songs from my video files for most of the tv series in my collection (am especially proud of my star trek ds9 and voy theme songs playing in kodi's interface) only to find out from now on i can't use em anymore because for whatever reason TVtunes has been banned (every bit of info about tvtunes being banned seems to have been erased or something, curious what happened there). 
probably there is some good reason for this, but i was happy using the addon without trouble. 
TVtunes is doing nothing illegal as far as i know, it just plays the songs that come from the movies/tvseries i already bought. 

I understand what you are trying to do here, and usually i couldn't care less because i hate illegal streaming services (usually hideous quality and and just very unreliable, on top of being illegal)
That's why i have been welcoming the new widevine support in kodi
Thats why i was so happy with the new netflix addon, for which i needed your skin in the first place.

Is there a way to get TVtunes (or a addon that has the same end result, of which there doesn't seem to be one in existence) working with your skin?

And in the future will your skin work with the dsplayer version of kodi 18? (i just love the control madvr gives while playing video)

Thanks again for all the work you put in making kodi, the best mediaplayer out there, that much better.
caretaker discussion:
If there is only a popup, then I can live with that, but please don't unload your skin, if a blacklisted addon/repo is found.
Who is deciding which repos/addons should be blacklisted?

bug report/feature request: (don't know, if this is a bug or FR)
If I highlight an item on the Live-TV widget, e.g. "Last played channels" then the clearlogo/clearart at the top and fanart in the BG for this item is shown.
If press "Info" on that item, PVRInfo opens, but there is no clearart, -logo or Fanart-BG
Please add/fix it
Thx
@LANnerd About TVTunes
(2017-10-27, 17:30)Tanem Wrote: [ -> ]@LANnerd About TVTunes

Aha ok, thx now i understand, that's a shame.
Don't know about the user tracking (which sounds pretty nasty and something i want to avoid) but the uploading and sharing part of the addon already seems to be disabled. 
Whould be awsome if in some way a cleaned up version or just a new plugin with the same functionality would be added back to the official kodi repo.

Just wish i would have known before creating my own theme library, been working on that for almost a whole day  Sad
a well, it will be ready to go when a new music theme addon pops up.
Ok, some guys promote your skin for some strange things, ignore them easy. If not next step should be to rename your skin into something without "Estuary". This skin is without restrictions and yours now unfortunately not anymore.
Mod-edit: no need to start shouting in large-sized texts.
(2017-10-27, 16:02)dan_jericho Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-27, 15:44)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-27, 15:41)dan_jericho Wrote: [ -> ]I completely understand the concept... your method of piracy is OK, but piracy thru addons is not. I get it, makes complete sense to me.

The concept of "If you don't like it, don't use it".

Ill use the skin anyhow, as I said before, I really like it and the security measure is easily disabled.

Its the hypocrisy that stinks, of which you are a prime example. On one hand you applaud an anti piracy measure but then on the other hand your using SABNzbd, CouchPotato etc which realistically are only used for one thing. Its like the Pot calling the kettle black.

Good luck with your future piracy..... enjoy :p

How do I disable it, or is there an alternative skin thats similar to estuary (official) that allows custom menu items
(2017-10-27, 19:45)T94afc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-27, 15:44)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]The concept of "If you don't like it, don't use it".

Ill use the skin anyhow, as I said before, I really like it and the security measure is easily disabled.

Its the hypocrisy that stinks, of which you are a prime example. On one hand you applaud an anti piracy measure but then on the other hand your using SABNzbd, CouchPotato etc which realistically are only used for one thing. Its like the Pot calling the kettle black.

How do I disable it, or is there an alternative skin thats similar to estuary (official) that allows custom menu items

I would imagine I would have my post 'Garbaged' or banned if I gave a solution here. I think Horizon and FTV gives similar functionality, not 100% sure tho.
(2017-10-27, 15:44)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]The concept of "If you don't like it, don't use it".

Never mind, took me 5-10 mins to disable it and get around it, silly do gooders... when will they learn people don't like being monitored 😂😂😂😂
(2017-10-27, 20:06)T94afc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-27, 16:02)dan_jericho Wrote: [ -> ]Ill use the skin anyhow, as I said before, I really like it and the security measure is easily disabled.

Never mind, took me 5-10 mins to disable it and get around it, silly do gooders... when will they learn people don't like being monitored 😂😂😂😂

3 posts since 2015... 
We recognize those who are only there to take without even taking the time to thanks. 
Oddly, most of the people who came to complain are those who are never seen on the forum...

If that continue I will continue the development only for my personal use.
(2017-10-27, 20:29)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-27, 20:06)T94afc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-27, 19:45)T94afc Wrote: [ -> ]How do I disable it, or is there an alternative skin thats similar to estuary (official) that allows custom menu items

3 posts since 2015... 
We recognize those who are only there to take without even taking the time to thanks. 
Oddly, most of the people who came to complain are those who are never seen on the forum...

Ive been lurking on these forums since 2012, and been using XBMC since original xbox. When you added this script there was only ever going to be two outcomes. People would leave in droves, or the dev would get fed up with abuse and abandon development. 

Ive been busy developing an addon (similar to youtube library to allow users to curate content from Youtube, Dailymotion and Vimeo and present that in widget form based on the layouts of you skin in category form. Think combining youtube channels into a playlist), i have a working protoype as a way to give back to the community.  Im in two minds about releasing it tho as it will probably end up on some sort of blacklist as it isnt an official kodi addon..
(2017-10-27, 20:29)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]We recognize those who are only there to take without even taking the time to thanks. 

I will pipe-up and say thank you again.   I have been very happy with your work and commitment to this project.   In a previous life, I had built a freeware tool with ~500,000 installs (probably 450,000 uninstalls Smile ) and understand the work that goes into supporting these levels of initiatives.   

If the users of this skin have issues with how caretaker was implemented (blacklist maintenance, criteria, etc.) it would be better to address it with the devs of that plug-in --  https://github.com/b-jesch/script.service.caretaker.  

Something seems to have gone sideways with my install (startup loop), otherwise i wouldn't have noticed in the first place.  

Thanks again for all the work, I will no longer comment on this matter.
(2017-10-27, 20:46)dan_jericho Wrote: [ -> ]Im in two minds about releasing it tho as it will probably end up on some sort of blacklist as it isnt an official kodi addon..

Either that or it will be all over YouTube videos, Kodi Builds & box-seller blurbs on ebay, forever associating you with these people whether you like it or not.
(2017-10-27, 21:56)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-27, 20:46)dan_jericho Wrote: [ -> ]Im in two minds about releasing it tho as it will probably end up on some sort of blacklist as it isnt an official kodi addon..

Either that or it will be all over YouTube videos, Kodi Builds & box-seller blurbs on ebay, forever associating you with these people whether you like it or not.

Its the nature of open source. If you dont like it, dont develop, simple as that.
Quote:You may copy, distribute and modify the software as long as you track changes/dates in source files. Any modifications to or software including (via compiler) GPL-licensed code must also be made available under the GPL along with build & install instructions.
@Guilouz why are you blacklisting my repository?

I do not make illegal add-ons. All of my add-ons are legal.

I am not happy you are stopping people from using my add-ons if they want to use your skin.

What gives you the right?
(2017-10-27, 22:09)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]@Guilouz why are you blacklisting my repository?

I do not make illegal add-ons. All of my add-ons are legal.

I am not happy you are stopping people from using my add-ons if they want to use your skin.

What gives you the right?

Its the Caretaker ... Kim Jong Un

Its actually a few of your addons that Im complaining about. I use freeview. Entirely legal. Tho the powers that be are too stubborn to see that.