Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-15, 15:30)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-15, 10:49)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-15, 05:44)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed today that my movie information detail panel has started showing ratings and votes from themoviedb instead of IMDB. I have not made any changes to any settings. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how do I get back the IMDB information.
 Look in universal movie scraper settings 

I don’t have that add on installed. I use Ember Media Manager to create all of my .nfo files and have all my sources set to “use local information only”.

In addition, if I change the skin to the Kodi Estuary everything works properly. 
 In video info window, there is IMdB / TMDB / TVdB ratings powered by Skin Helper Service, nothing to see with scrappers. Some ratings need API keys.
Hi there,

thanks for your mod, which I tried a few months before.
Is it possible to remove the background video in PVR with " disable video on background " option?

I am looking for a way to remove the video when opening EPG.

Regards
(2018-01-16, 12:17)tavoc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Is it possible to remove the background video in PVR with " disable video on background " option?

Regards
It's already the case. 'Disable video in background' setting working in all the skin.
I decided to tweak the PVRguide to: increase font size, Center the text and reduce number of rows to 10. plus some other small adjustments

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz5bts0tdagroz...e.xml?dl=0

Copy the file to: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary.modv2\xml
I suggest you make a copy of your old MyPVRGuide.xml file

Edit: I adjusted it to show 8 rows epg data and also put the Channel name in front of the logo.
(2018-01-16, 13:33)ronvp Wrote: [ -> ]I decided to tweak the PVRguide to: increase font size, Center the text and reduce number of rows to 10. plus some other small adjustments

Copy the file to: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary.modv2\xml

Edit: I adjusted it to show 8 rows epg data and also put the Channel name in front of the logo.
 Not good... recording icon is overlapping text in vertical view :

and texture you have added for channels is visible in horizontal view :

I have improve PVR Guide for the next version :

(2018-01-16, 13:21)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards
It's already the case. 'Disable video in background' setting working in all the skin.  
Got a question:
I like the fanart to be displayed in the PVR channel list (key H). This is only shown when I check the option "Disable video in background" when a channel is playing.
No problem so far. But here even on Intel i5 this option leads to stuttering audio in background and when switching back to video it looks like the video is fastforwarding for a moment.
Question is: is there another way you can hide the video and show the fanart without impact on the performance? Hope it's clear.

Thanks
(2018-01-17, 00:17)rudrood Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-16, 13:21)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards
Got a question:
I like the fanart to be displayed in the PVR channel list (key H). This is only shown when I check the option "Disable video in background" when a channel is playing.
No problem so far. But here even on Intel i5 this option leads to stuttering audio in background and when switching back to video it looks like the video is fastforwarding for a moment.
Question is: is there another way you can hide the video and show the fanart without impact on the performance? Hope it's clear.

Thanks 
It's working like in library : By default, items show fanarts (when available for PVR) when no video is played. When a video is played and setting 'Show video in background' is enabled, video is displayed in background, when this setting is disabled it show fanarts.
@Guilouz you are doing a lot of cool stuff in your mod. Have you ever considered to contribute (parts of) your work back to Estuary upstream?
(2018-01-17, 08:57)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]@Guilouz you are doing a lot of cool stuff in your mod. Have you ever considered to contribute (parts of) your work back to Estuary upstream?
 Yes, but not sure what can be accepted in PR. I use some addons for some stuff.

You PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13364 will be merged or not ?
For Estuary Pull Requests I have found it difficult to get stuff in.

Generally any request must:

- Maintain the simple code
- Not effect speed
- Not effect Simplicity
- Use only artwork from scrapers (this has just had a huge increase with the new artwork types so I hope things will be more accepted now)
- Work with all default setups without additional Add-ons
- Work with all kinds of data including long filenames
(2018-01-17, 13:30)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-17, 08:57)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]@Guilouz you are doing a lot of cool stuff in your mod. Have you ever considered to contribute (parts of) your work back to Estuary upstream?
 Yes, but not sure what can be accepted in PR. I use some addons for some stuff.

You PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13364 will be merged or not ? 
 Yes, the PR got merged. I will PR a small tweak for the new channel group selector today.

Regarding contributin to upstream:

- Functionality that introduces dependencies to other addons wont be accepted for Estuary. That's a design decision.
 - Every other change is a candidate to get merged upstream.
 - I'm the official maintainer of Kodi's PVR component, this includes the user interface (the deafult skins). So, I have a saying when it is to be decided wheter a PVR PR gets merged. And as I stated I like the PVR changes you did. So, go ahead and PR, if you like.
 - In case you want to contribute to upstream, please do not a big blob PR, make smaller PRs with specific changes that can easily be reviewed, instead.
(2018-01-17, 14:27)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]For Estuary Pull Requests I have found it difficult to get stuff in.
@Guilouz Don't be scared. A very important thing you need is backing from a Team member. Take this as given in case of your PVR mods. ;-)
I forgot: PR directly to xbmc/xbmc repo.
(2018-01-13, 01:17)jmcs Wrote: [ -> ]Image
Hey Guys.
Is there anybody who can explain how to get that tv menu view with epg on the right side?
Thanks.
(2018-01-16, 13:33)ronvp Wrote: [ -> ]I decided to tweak the PVRguide to: increase font size, Center the text and reduce number of rows to 10. plus some other small adjustments

Just updated the link to fix the timer icon(moved it to the top right corner) and some shading for the vertical view. I  made small cosmetic changes. The main thing for me is that the standard views do not show the channel icons very well and the fonts are just too small