Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guilouz - I think there may be a bug in favorites. I add a title to my favorites from the main movie section. When I go into the favorites section, the poster thumbnail is there as expect. However there is a problem visually. The poster is rectangular as it normally is, but the individual background "tile" that the poster sits on top of with its black background is square and larger than the poster. So the poster is sitting inside a black box.  I do not think this is your intention? What I would like to see instead is the poster all by itself, without this black box at all - exactly like the posters lay out in the poster wall view in movie section.  Also the posters in the favorites section are smaller than they are in the movie section. In summary it would be great if this favorites section laid out exactly like the Movies section thumbnails (same size, positioning and no individual black box/border behind each poster), but of course only for the favorited movies. Can you please look into it?

Side note - when updating your github even with very minor changes can you please bump up the version number so the skin version when installed in Kodi shows a higher version? I know this is done sometimes but not always with your minor updates and this helps us confirm we loaded the new skin into Kodi correctly. Also is there an option you can add in Github to download the zip just of the skin itself instead of the full files that has the skin as part of it? I do not see a download as zip type of option so I have to get the full files and then locally extract just the skin part from there, unless there is an obvious way to do this that I am missing.
Sorry...my english is not so good...Guilouz.

I have install your Version 2.9.3...Nightly Kodi 18 Alpha 64 Bit from Today for Windows 10 Pro.
The Problem...Kodi 18 crash...under Music Songs if i make the Show cd art for album Option = on = in Full Display Mode
in the Kodi Player...or these Option for Music in the Skin settings = Show cd art for album = on
(2018-02-02, 18:15)Ronny3 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry...my english is not so good...Guilouz.

I have install your Version 2.9.3...Nightly Kodi 18 Alpha 64 Bit from Today for Windows 10 Pro.
The Problem...Kodi 18 crash...under Music Songs if i make the Show cd art for album Option = on = in Full Display Mode
in the Kodi Player...or these Option for Music in the Skin settings = Show cd art for album = on
 My Kodi 18 from today crashes, too, if i try to play music. With the original estuary skin it works.
(2018-02-02, 14:56)kaybird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-02, 13:17)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]This info are already available on video info screen and I don't want overload posters.

Ok. Can you then please add the G, PG, R etc tag to the line of tags shown on the bottom right when you highlight a poster in the poster view and other views where no info is shown in the screen?

There is an option to control what tag show up on the line, but not an option for the G, PG, R tag. The idea is to have a way to see the ratings just when moving the cursor around to the different posters on the movie view. I can't remember the name of the view that I use, but it is the one that just shows all posters and no text, so it is awkward to have to go into the info screen to find this information. Please keep in mind that some of us do not have a keyboard and have to navigate with a remote control and long click to bring up the context menu and then scroll to Info itnis a lot of steps and awkward just to check this data. Thank you. 
No, I don't plan to do that sorry.
(2018-02-02, 17:38)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guilouz,
Did your skin used to have a small music equalizer animation at the top of screen when media playback was started?  I can't remember if it was your skin or the default Estuary that did this, but since updating to the latest nightly a few days ago, I don't seem to see it now. I'm trying to find the location of this animation to see how it works and if I can use it elsewhere.
Yes and it's working fine with latest Kodi build 20180201-f621a026

(2018-02-02, 18:06)kaybird Wrote: [ -> ]Guilouz - I think there may be a bug in favorites. I add a title to my favorites from the main movie section. When I go into the favorites section, the poster thumbnail is there as expect. However there is a problem visually. The poster is rectangular as it normally is, but the individual background "tile" that the poster sits on top of with its black background is square and larger than the poster. So the poster is sitting inside a black box.  I do not think this is your intention? What I would like to see instead is the poster all by itself, without this black box at all - exactly like the posters lay out in the poster wall view in movie section.  Also the posters in the favorites section are smaller than they are in the movie section. In summary it would be great if this favorites section laid out exactly like the Movies section thumbnails (same size, positioning and no individual black box/border behind each poster), but of course only for the favorited movies. Can you please look into it?

Side note - when updating your github even with very minor changes can you please bump up the version number so the skin version when installed in Kodi shows a higher version? I know this is done sometimes but not always with your minor updates and this helps us confirm we loaded the new skin into Kodi correctly. Also is there an option you can add in Github to download the zip just of the skin itself instead of the full files that has the skin as part of it? I do not see a download as zip type of option so I have to get the full files and then locally extract just the skin part from there, unless there is an obvious way to do this that I am missing.
 Not an issue, it's voluntary because favorite can receive many content like movies, artists, albums etc... So widget tile can't be rectangular, it must be fit with all content. Look :

Git version is not supposed to be installed (in progress work), that's why I'm working like that. So just check forum thread when I release a new version on repo.
(2018-02-02, 18:15)Ronny3 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry...my english is not so good...Guilouz.

Working fine for me with latest Kodi build 20180201-f621a026

Are you sure ?

ok when you have art....problem is when you dont have art.
I found in mine skin same isue....And I did quick fix.....

keep testing
Code:
                    <control type="label">
                        <left>70</left>
                        <bottom>247</bottom>
                        <width>218</width>
                        <height>73</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>Font-Disc</font>
                        <label>$VAR[MusicPlayerDiscTitleVar]</label>
                        <textcolor>black</textcolor>
                        <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
                        <visible>String.IsEqual(Control.GetLabel(88888),osd/cd.png)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <left>70</left>
                        <bottom>41</bottom>
                        <width>218</width>
                        <height>73</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>Font-Disc</font>
                        <label>$VAR[MusicPlayerDiscAlbumVar]</label>
                    </control>
This is part with isue, need to remove handwriten CD

Test and animated lyrics Smile
problem is labelr rotated
Edit:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327833
Hello Guilouz...you can Skip to the next Track without Problems ...or Songs from a Sampler with Various Artist?
(2018-02-02, 21:20)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ] Yes and it's working fine with latest Kodi build 20180201-f621a026

Ok cool, got it now.
Thanks
(2018-02-02, 22:34)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure ?

ok when you have art....problem is when you dont have art.
I found in mine skin same isue....And I did quick fix.....

keep testing
Code:
                    <control type="label">
                        <left>70</left>
                        <bottom>247</bottom>
                        <width>218</width>
                        <height>73</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>Font-Disc</font>
                        <label>$VAR[MusicPlayerDiscTitleVar]</label>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <left>70</left>
                        <bottom>41</bottom>
                        <width>218</width>
                        <height>73</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>Font-Disc</font>
                        <label>$VAR[MusicPlayerDiscAlbumVar]</label>
                    </control>
This is part with isue, need to remove handwriten CD

Test and animated lyrics Smile
problem is labelr rotated
Edit:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327833 
Animations working for me, with no cdart, with handwriten CD : 

And animated lyrics working too :

Latest Kodi build.
(2018-02-02, 23:06)Ronny3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Guilouz...you can Skip to the next Track without Problems ...or Songs from a Sampler with Various Artist?
 What do you mean ? A playlist with various artists and skip to next track ?
(2018-02-02, 21:17)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
The above is regarding adding ratings like G, PG, PG-13, R to the bottom right tags when browsing movie posters. I am curious why you do not plan to add this.  As things are now there are 12 (!) different tags that are configurable to display there, and we can nicely turn them on an off as desired. So why not add this G/PG/PG-13 rating tag there as well? People that want it can turn it on and those who do not can turn it off like it is not there. It is much more convenient to scan the titles based on ratings this way.
(2018-02-02, 21:26)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-02, 18:06)kaybird Wrote: [ -> ] 
 Not an issue, it's voluntary because favorite can receive many content like movies, artists, albums etc... So widget tile can't be rectangular, it must be fit with all content. Look :

Git version is not supposed to be installed (in progress work), that's why I'm working like that. So just check forum thread when I release a new version on repo. 
Yes regarding the square black box area, I understand now. I did not realize you could have other things in there besides movie posters.  Maybe add an option that makes posters appear without the black box behind it? That would look a lot cleaner and more polished. Because it looks like an error, like the image didn't fit the box, in an otherwise beautiful interface so it really stands out like sore thumb.

Regarding the git - yes I understand. However I like to have latest and greatest so when I read here about an update to the git I like to get it.  I think (?) git has an option to add a zip download button to a specific part of the git so we don't have to download the whole thing. Not a big deal, but would be convenient if easy to add. Also regarding versioning - I think it is always a good idea when you make a change to the files that the version number get bumped, even if not an official release. Because those who install it have no way to verify that it installed properly.
(2018-02-03, 04:49)kaybird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-02, 21:17)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
The above is regarding adding ratings like G, PG, PG-13, R to the bottom right tags when browsing movie posters. I am curious why you do not plan to add this.  As things are now there are 12 (!) different tags that are configurable to display there, and we can nicely turn them on an off as desired. So why not add this G/PG/PG-13 rating tag there as well? People that want it can turn it on and those who do not can turn it off like it is not there. It is much more convenient to scan the titles based on ratings this way. 
 Because there is not only G, PG, PG-13 and R, for other country it's not the same and have different logos with different sizes, so in mediaflags rendering is not good, look here : https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/tree...flags/mpaa