Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-03, 09:13)tom.58 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-02, 21:54)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]... I then set content but exclude from a normal scan. This way I scan manually for UHD content without it adding to my current movie collection....
Thanks for this information. I need to add Concerts (as a movie) but don't want them to appear in "Movies", want them separate in a main menu item like "Concerts" as you did with "UHD Movies". Gonna try that way.... 
I also need to separate my concerts out. I have them in my music videos section but will create a new heading as you state Concerts.
(2019-04-03, 15:25)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]I also need to separate my concerts out. I have them in my music videos section but will create a new heading as you state Concerts.
It would be very nice if you would post your seetings of a new main menu item.... I could add a new one "Concerts" but am not sure about the settings that have to be done then...
(2019-04-03, 16:18)tom.58 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-03, 15:25)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]I also need to separate my concerts out. I have them in my music videos section but will create a new heading as you state Concerts.
It would be very nice if you would post your seetings of a new main menu item.... I could add a new one "Concerts" but am not sure about the settings that have to be done then... 
I first added a new source on my NAS called Concerts. I then added my live concert movies I had in my music video folder over to the concert folder. 
I then going into settings/skin.
Then go to customize setting
Now on the left side scroll down to where you would like your new item. Then hit the +  icon.
This screen shows up. I won't fill in any here but took shots of what I have already.
You will fill in the labels as to what you would like. Then change action is shown in screen shots. I use video library, then sources.
I add my Concerts folder as source.
Going back to main screen will take a bit as the home screen will need to be rebuilt. But once there you can click on your new label (mine is Live Concerts). that brings you here.
And then here.
(2019-04-04, 18:11)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-03, 16:18)tom.58 Wrote: [ -> ]
I first added a new source on my NAS called Concerts. I then added my live concert movies I had in my music video folder over to the concert folder. 
Now on the left side scroll down to where you would like your new item. Then hit the +  icon.
This screen shows up. I won't fill in any here but took shots of what I have already.
You will fill in the labels as to what you would like. Then change action is shown in screen shots. I use video library, then sources.
Going back to main screen will take a bit as the home screen will need to be rebuilt. But once there you can click on your new label (mine is Live Concerts). that brings you here.
And then here.

old you be so kind in sharing your color setup? Looks stunning.
(2019-04-04, 18:11)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]I first added a new source on my NAS called Concerts. I then added my live concert movies I had in my music video folder over to the concert folder. 
Well, thank you so very much for your detailed help setting this up !!! Greatly appreciated !!
Will try that tomorrow... my own exercises on the same thing failed....

Always getting all of the concerts into the "Movie" item of the main menu and none into "concerts"
(2019-04-04, 19:54)tom.58 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-04, 18:11)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]I first added a new source on my NAS called Concerts. I then added my live concert movies I had in my music video folder over to the concert folder. 
Well, thank you so very much for your detailed help setting this up !!! Greatly appreciated !!
Will try that tomorrow... my own exercises on the same thing failed....

Always getting all of the concerts into the "Movie" item of the main menu and none into "concerts"  
I do set the source as movies but exclude it from scan. Most of the concerts are bluray or dvd and IMDB will pick them up, You just have to manually scan that source, so when you update library it wont scan that source.
(2019-04-04, 19:17)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]old you be so kind in sharing your color setup? Looks stunning. 

Thank you. Here they are.
(2019-04-04, 20:02)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]I do set the source as movies but exclude it from scan. ...You just have to manually scan that source, so when you update library it wont scan that source.

I just didi it that way.... but even what is manually scanned and excluded appears in the "Movie" secrion. Seems that a filter is needed.... but I could not find the filter any more in the mod.
(2019-04-04, 23:29)tom.58 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-04, 20:02)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]I do set the source as movies but exclude it from scan. ...You just have to manually scan that source, so when you update library it wont scan that source.

I just didi it that way.... but even what is manually scanned and excluded appears in the "Movie" secrion. Seems that a filter is needed.... but I could not find the filter any more in the mod. 
You could always mark them watched and on the home screen settings hide watched. They might still be in movies then but won't show up on the recently added. Then just clicking concerts will show then all.
I haven't read all your posts, but you need to filter the main Movie listing to now exclude the titles you do not want. Usually done via a smart playlist. Probably done the same way as when you created the new main menu items.

Custom home items (wiki)
I am a huge of customizing my home menu. I made quite some changes and it is nearing perfection. I am usind mod_v2 as it is making things so much easier.

There is one final thing I'd like to accomplish. I've tried for hours (if not days) fiddling with xml files without success.

I'd love to show tvshow posters instead of episode thumbs in the "recently added episodes" widget. Mod_V2 actually even allows me to choose "poster" for the widget, but leaves me with a black poster (probably because there is technically no "episode poster" and it cannot find the tvshow poster when displaying episodes. Does it make sense what I am saying.

There has been some help other threads, but I am reposting here as this technically impacts this mod of the skin.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342328
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336261

Thanks for your help! This is really the last missing piece to make my home screen perfect!
have you used art work beef
you need to go to tv show clkick
episode
each one information i or rightclick information
choose art click thumb nail and chose poster image
(2019-04-05, 00:28)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't read all your posts, but you need to filter the main Movie listing to now exclude the titles you do not want. Usually done via a smart playlist. Probably done the same way as when you created the new main menu items.

Custom home items (wiki)

you can link a file path to a widget
<include content="WidgetListEpisodes" condition="Library.HasContent(movies)  + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_My List movies_widget)">
       <param name="content_path" value="E:\Stand-up-concert-films"/>
       <param name="widget_header" value="concerts"/>
       <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
       <param name="list_id" value="16100"/>
      </include>
and a menu would be
<item>
 <label>Stand up</label>
       <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[23000]</property>
 <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;E:\\Stand-up concert films\\&quot;,return)</onclick>
 <thumb>icons/sidemenu/STANDUP.png</thumb>
       <property name="id">films</property>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicVideoButton)</visible>
      </item>
(2019-04-05, 03:29)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]have you used art work beef
you need to go to tv show clkick
episode
each one information i or rightclick information
choose art click thumb nail and chose poster image

Thanks for your note, you indeed seem to the guru when it comes to xml customizations.

Does this mean that I need to do this manually for hundreds of episodes? And every time I add a new episode, I need to yet again do this manually?
one way maybe to export library run some program that can batch replace the images (season01-poster to each thumb in that season folder then inport  library using locale info

something like Replace existing picture(s) with new picture(s).

https://www.batchphoto.com/blog/top-10-b...r-windows/