Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello.

the movie counter on the movie sets (info)page is not working correctly.
if i add a movie to a set with for example 3 movies, the movie counter stays at 3 instead of going up to 4.

is there a way to fix it? or where can i remove it from the skin xml files?

this example shows/counts 3 movies in movie set, but there 5 movies in the set.
(2020-01-30, 02:40)Publish3r Wrote: [ -> ]hello.

the movie counter on the movie sets (info)page is not working correctly.
if i add a movie to a set with for example 3 movies, the movie counter stays at 3 instead of going up to 4.

is there a way to fix it? or where can i remove it from the skin xml files?

this example shows/counts 3 movies in movie set, but there 5 movies in the set.
ImageImage

Did you try reloading the skin or restarting KODI? Sometimes the skin does not refresh info immediately after library update. If you have already refreshed the skin and restarted KODI then am out of options.
What do you mean with "refreshing the skin" ? How to do it?
And i restarted Kodi very often. The error is there for a long time now and the error appears in all movie sets.
(2020-01-30, 15:08)Publish3r Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean with "refreshing the skin" ? How to do it?
And i restarted Kodi very often. The error is there for a long time now and the error appears in all movie sets.

Reloading the skin won't help now if restating KODI had no effect. Anyway, you reload the skin by clicking on the power button in the HOME screen. You the get options to Quit KODI, Shutdown the machine and also RELOAD the skin. The skin automatically reloads when KODI starts so no need to reload if you already restarted. My incorrect counters would go away with reload or restart. I believe there is a skin settings to disable movie set counters. As a last resort, you can disable the counter in skin settings. Better have no counters at all than have wrong ones. I can not confirm though if this setting is available, I disabled this skin due to lack of maintenance and I am currently using Aeon MQ 8 Multi Mod.
Maybe you're right. It's better to change the skin, if @Guilouz will no longer bring new updates.
I would try https://github.com/reddit-reaper/skin.estuarymod but i'm not sure if it's a trusted source. The repo includes a wizard, too and i think wizards are generally banned...
the thing is skinshortcuts and script.skin.helper.widgets are out dated 
<import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="0.6.5"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.service" version="1.0.0"/>

they are up to <import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="1.0.18"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.service" version="1.1.24"/>

after looking at skinshortcuts this make up a lot of estuary mod menu and widgets 
script.skin.helper.widgets most of the images fanart pvr stuff
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Skin_Shortcuts  

take home.xml SkinSettings.xml Variables.xml shortcuts folder language file a new copy of estuary from a kodi build

edit home with <onload>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;group=mainmenu)</onload>
<include>skinshortcuts-template-PersonalWidgetList</include>
                <include>skinshortcuts-template-PersonalWidgetPanel</include>
<visible>String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget),MoviesWidget)</visible>
copy menu 
copy some settings to SkinSettings.xml and you can make your own estuary with menu and widgets
i was hoping to move jade over to it but can not work out custom widgets
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345420
i have created few left hand menus - HD, 4k, Kids
i see a tick on watched items. but i cannot hide watched items on the home screen widget right hand side
i can hide watched items in the library folder.
any help?
(2019-11-22, 17:26)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]...

I use "WideList" to default visualization.............. at the fist navigation i can see the thumbnail on left under it the video description and on right the video list of section i choose (for example "My Subscription".
After i watch completely a video kodi step back to video list correcty but the thumbnail and the videodescription it's disappears whitout any explanation......... for reobtain both of them i need to jump to next page of video list of change the "View Method" and reselect "WideList" immediatelly after.
Same problem here since many month (maybe since starting this skin).
It is not only with youtube. The widelist do not work correct with other mediathek thumbs and info-text, too.

How to fix this please?
Estaury Mod 2 is for me the best vertical menu skin, but this problem with widelist is really bad.

bye,
Ralf
The widelist do not work correct with other mediathek thumbs and info-text, too.
you need to update 
script.skinshortcuts" 
script.skin.helper.service"
script.skin.helper.widgets" 
script.image.resource.select"

updated addons should make this skin  kodi 19 compatible

Q: Estaury Mod 2 is for me the best vertical menu skin why ?
what parts are worth adding to a skin ?
I took this github which gives me back the thumbs and infos in widelist.
(2020-02-06, 00:09)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Q: Estaury Mod 2 is for me the best vertical menu skin why ?
what parts are worth adding to a skin ?
What do you mean with this question?
I like vertical mainmenu and Estuary Mod V2 is the best skin (for me till now) that offers this.

bye,
Ralf
Having a strange issue with some new movies scanned.  Most of them show up on the Recently Added widget of the home page with the proper media flags.  However, some only have media flags for the runtime and movie end time, no video codec or audio codec information.  This appears to happen totally randomly as all movies I have are encoded using the same settings in Handbrake, and the issue happens with movies with different types of audio track (7.1 vs 5.1, DTS vs Dolby). Manually re-scanning the movie doesn't seem to populate the media flags still.
(2020-02-08, 06:24)hogfan Wrote: [ -> ]Having a strange issue with some new movies scanned.  Most of them show up on the Recently Added widget of the home page with the proper media flags.  However, some only have media flags for the runtime and movie end time, no video codec or audio codec information.  This appears to happen totally randomly as all movies I have are encoded using the same settings in Handbrake, and the issue happens with movies with different types of audio track (7.1 vs 5.1, DTS vs Dolby). Manually re-scanning the movie doesn't seem to populate the media flags still.

This happens sometimes and the skin should populate the media flags once you play the particular movie. To try it out, select one movie without media flags, play the movie. You can play the movie to the end or stop it and then check the media flags again. They should now be shown on the skin. I am not sure if this is a skin issue. It is more of KODI I suspect but this depends on the how you have named your movie files.

Example.

Let's assume you have encoded a movie from a Bluray disc with the following propperties; DTS, 7.1, 1080p, x264, 8 bit and Bluray since its from a bluray disc. Let's say this movie is the 2019 Avengers Endgame 

There are two ways you can name this movie file
1. "Avengers Endgame (2019).mkv" simple and clean or
2. "Avengers Endgame (2019) (.1080p.Bluray.x264.8bit.DTS.7.1).mkv" a more complicated name that includes the video properties/flags.

Now there are two ways this skin (Estuary MOD v2) gets the video properties/codec/flags;
1. It gets them from KODI. KODI in turn gets the properties by processing the video itself (not the video file name). Sometimes, KODI waits until the video is played, during playback, as it processes the video it also reads the properties.
2. The skin does not wait for KODI. The skin itself, reads properties directly from the file name. This is only possible if you included the video properties in the file name as shown in example two. The video doesn't have to be processed in this case and no playback is required. As soon as you scan your library, the skin displays the flags.

I recommend you use example two in naming your files. The flags/properties understood by this skin are listed in the fast post of this thread. Other skins like Aeon MQ 8 also understands the flags. Since you said you use the same settings each time in handbrake, you could use Bulk Renamer to rename multiple videos with the same properites.

If you have already done this and still facing problems then either your KODI or skin set up has a problem.

Why KODI reads the properties during library scan sometimes  and sometimes waits until playback baffles me. But am sure Team Kodi knows why. I am no programmer.
I love the Estuary mod v2, but the osd is too clunky for me. Therefore i like having the "use small osd" on because that has my style. But when using small osd there is no file name for the episode/movie. Any way to get this on?
Please help solve the problem of text overlay! On the skin you can see that when listening to a radio station, information about the name of the radio station and information about the name of the artist’s album is superimposed.
(2020-03-21, 19:19)fireflydj Wrote: [ -> ]Please help solve the problem of text overlay! On the skin you can see that when listening to a radio station, information about the name of the radio station and information about the name of the artist’s album is superimposed.