Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you choose custom (ie. in a directory) cover art for a given video ? Since installing v2 and then artwork beef, I can only see a limited number of options (ie. fanart, covers) showing up, with no ability to select a local image. Is it possible I haven't set this up properly ? 

Thanks !
(2020-05-28, 22:59)filmcsb Wrote: [ -> ]How do you choose custom (ie. in a directory) cover art for a given video ? Since installing v2 and then artwork beef, I can only see a limited number of options (ie. fanart, covers) showing up, with no ability to select a local image. Is it possible I haven't set this up properly ? 

Thanks !
Install this addon.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124880
I am looking for a way to display small HD icons/media flags in different views, for example in "list", next to the year.
I've already searched this thread, but I am still not sure, how to enable this (if possible).
Which file have to be edited for this and where do I find this under LibreElec?
(2020-05-29, 00:05)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-28, 22:59)filmcsb Wrote: [ -> ]How do you choose custom (ie. in a directory) cover art for a given video ? Since installing v2 and then artwork beef, I can only see a limited number of options (ie. fanart, covers) showing up, with no ability to select a local image. Is it possible I haven't set this up properly ? 

Thanks !
Install this addon.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124880

Thanks, Harro. I've done this now (successfully, including dependencies) but I don't see where it is integrated with the section where one chooses the cover for a given video. Clicking on 'choose art' icon in the information screen yields the same results (no option for selecting image from disc as had been the case).
One feature I'd like to request - maybe it's already possible via an addon ? - is to be able to select a film and then easily select multiple tags from the tags that already exist. In other words, in addition to the normal means of adding tags (selecting the tag one at a time and then scrolling through the list and adding videos), sometimes what you want is the reverse (selecting the movie, adding all its tags at once).
(2020-05-29, 10:33)filmcsb Wrote: [ -> ]One feature I'd like to request - maybe it's already possible via an addon ? - is to be able to select a film and then easily select multiple tags from the tags that already exist. In other words, in addition to the normal means of adding tags (selecting the tag one at a time and then scrolling through the list and adding videos), sometimes what you want is the reverse (selecting the movie, adding all its tags at once).

No feature required it turns out ! Found this probably very common add-on: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:ManageTags
Man I wish I knew about this before !
How do I install this on Xbox one?
Is there any way to copy the categories from one menu item to an other (custom) menu item? Those settings unter "customize main menu" -> "Personalize 'Categories' widget".
In my case I want to copy the predefined ones from the default TV Show item to a custom one (showing TV shows).

Thanks!
(2020-06-09, 11:31)csidirop Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to copy the categories from one menu item to an other (custom) menu item? Those settings unter "customize main menu" -> "Personalize 'Categories' widget".
In my case I want to copy the predefined ones from the default TV Show item to a custom one (showing TV shows).

Thanks!
I found out, that those settings are stored in xml/script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml. But editing has no permanent effect.

How to reproduce:
  1. Create new Menu Item.
  2. Name it homehow highlighted (i named it DELETEME)
  3. Let Kodi refresh the skin
  4. Close Kodi
  5. Open xml file and edit that element (I renamed it to DELETEMENOT)
  6. Save the file
  7. Open Kodi and wait few seconds
In the first few seconds the editet titel (DELETEMENOT) is visible, but after Kodi finishes its skin loading its restored to previous state (DELETEME).

If found more occurrences in the XML file regarding that item and tried to edit those too. But still with no success.

Any ideas? Maybe this xml file is just a temporaly storage location.
(2020-06-09, 11:31)csidirop Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to copy the categories from one menu item to an other (custom) menu item? Those settings unter "customize main menu" -> "Personalize 'Categories' widget".

Thanks!
the predefined ones from the default TV Show item to a custom one (showing TV shows). categories row?
looks like you need to add each item
you could try video library tvshows As first in list up to 8 items
just found common for tv shows categories row

select widget 
video library
tv shows 
inprogressshows
recentlyaddedepisodes
titles

they are playlists 
special://skin/playlists/recent_unwatched_episodes.xsp
special://skin/playlists/unwatched_tvshows.xsp
(2020-06-09, 14:24)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks!
the predefined ones from the default TV Show item to a custom one (showing TV shows). categories row?

select widget 
video library
tv shows 
inprogressshows
recentlyaddedepisodes
titles

they are playlists 
Thanks I been trying to figure out How I can have addons show can shows I watching, like some of the builds have.

Basicly

TV:

IMDB Watchlist with any new and upcoming episodes
Networks

Movies:

New Releases
Trending
Genres

Basically wanna make it netfix like, I added some stuff to the library from addons, but that a bit of a pain to do it that way. Any suggestions?
(2020-06-09, 14:24)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks!

select widget 
video library
tv shows 
inprogressshows
recentlyaddedepisodes
titles

they are playlists 
Hmm it seams that a have to add each item manually. Not optimal, but it works.
Thanks
A little problem. I use GDrive addon from the official Kodi repository, at the moment of playing folders with music the background does not appear and the buttons of random and repeat disappear (something that does not happen with the normal estuary).

When I play music from my PC the Mod works perfectly, with the corresponding buttons and background, the problem only occurs when I use GDrive

Estuary MOD V2

Estuary
I installed this on my RPi4 and it's throwing an error related to the skin helper and widget.

Code:
2020-06-25 06:11:38.962 T:2342777040   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named functools_lru_cache
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.plugin_content import PluginContent
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from metadatautils import MetadataUtils
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/metadatautils.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                import helpers.kodi_constants as kodi_constants
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/kodi_constants.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from utils import KODI_VERSION
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/utils.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                import arrow
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from .api import get, now, utcnow
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/api.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from arrow.factory import ArrowFactory
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/factory.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                from arrow import parser
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/parser.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from backports.functools_lru_cache import lru_cache  # pragma: no cover
                                            ImportError: No module named functools_lru_cache
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Doing some research I came across https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350911 and https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2893721 saying those modules are abandoned.
(2020-06-25, 05:30)hans5849 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed this on my RPi4 and it's throwing an error related to the skin helper and widget.

Code:
2020-06-25 06:11:38.962 T:2342777040   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named functools_lru_cache
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.plugin_content import PluginContent
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from metadatautils import MetadataUtils
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/metadatautils.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                import helpers.kodi_constants as kodi_constants
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/kodi_constants.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from utils import KODI_VERSION
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/utils.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                import arrow
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from .api import get, now, utcnow
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/api.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from arrow.factory import ArrowFactory
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/factory.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                from arrow import parser
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/parser.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from backports.functools_lru_cache import lru_cache  # pragma: no cover
                                            ImportError: No module named functools_lru_cache
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Doing some research I came across https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350911 and https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2893721 saying those modules are abandoned.

Check out this GitHub link, it could help. Please report back the results, it could help others if it fixes the problem.

From the link, it seems this error is caused by another module, arrow. To solve it, you have to downgrade arrow to a previous working version. I am not sure if it is possible to disable automatic update of a dependency like arrow, if it is, please disable automatic update.

I loved this skin so much but abandoned it when things started falling apart because the skin is not being maintained.

If you have not tried it, I recommend you give MQ 8 a try. It has most of the nice features of this skin and it will prepare you for MQ 9 for KODI 19 because this skin wont work in Matrix unless the dev comes back and updates it. Better still, check out the MQ 8 Mods by latts9923.