Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-01-01, 23:29)dredkin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all!
I couldn't find in estuary nod a standard feature of Estuary skin: customization of artwork for film. I just can't see how can I for example change the poster?

I got it. You need to install Artwork Beef addon.
(2021-01-04, 15:16)dredkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-01, 23:29)dredkin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all!
I couldn't find in estuary nod a standard feature of Estuary skin: customization of artwork for film. I just can't see how can I for example change the poster?

I got it. You need to install Artwork Beef addon.

Do you know how to get the customization of film artwork menu in Estuary MOD V2 for Kodi 19? Artwork Beef addon is no longer supported in Kodi 19.
(2021-01-06, 12:01)uVSthem Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how to get the customization of film artwork menu in Estuary MOD V2 for Kodi 19? Artwork Beef addon is no longer supported in Kodi 19.

Sorry, I prefer not to use beta software.
(2021-01-09, 10:34)dredkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-06, 12:01)uVSthem Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how to get the customization of film artwork menu in Estuary MOD V2 for Kodi 19? Artwork Beef addon is no longer supported in Kodi 19.

Sorry, I prefer not to use beta software.

Same here but I have no choice if I want HDR support.
The artwork MENU in MATRIX is accessible from video info window (movie information) and has got quite some options just like AB menu. 

KODI 19 (MATRIX) does not need help from Artwork Beef (AB) or any addon to add artworks to the library. It adds all the artworks in can find in the movie folder as long as the artworks are saved in the same folder as the movie file and the artwork settings is set to MAXIMUM. Now here is the tricky bit, it can not add to the library, fanarts saved in the extrafanart folder, and it can not download artworks and safe them in the movie folder as AB used to. It only adds already downloaded artwork, or it can fetch artwork using scrappers during movie scanning and cache them. 

Ways around artwork download with KODI 19: Dummy Guide
1. If you are still in KODI 18, download all the artworks you need with AB before migration.
  • If you already downloaded the artworks and saved extrafanarts in the extrafanart folder, delete the extrafanart folders and all the fanarts in them. This is the easiest way to deal with this. If using Windows PC, just search for extrafanart in the folder containing all your movies and delete the extrafanart folders in the search result.
  • Then search for fanart and delete all the fanarts in the results. This will ensure AB will re-downloads all fanarts and not skip.
  • Do not delete other artworks, just fanarts and extrafanarts. The other artworks are OK with MATRIX. If your extrafanarts are not save in the extrafanart folder, but beside the movie file do not delete them either, they are also OK.
  • In AB settings, make sure SAVE extrafanart to extrafanart folder folder is disabled.
  • Run AB and choose, VIDEOS, SCAN FOR MISSING ARTWORKS, OLD NEW AND ALL IN BETWEEN.
  • AB will download new fanarts and extrafanarts and save them directly beside the movie. If you have many movies this will take a while but it will skip other artworks already in the library like posters and logos. 
  • Now these artworks are MATRIX ready and it will add everything including all the extra posters (poster1,poster2) and all characterarts.
2. If you are already in MATRIX.
  • If you already migrated, you will need help from media manager apps. There are quite a few, check out KODI wiki for recommended media managers.
  • Try TinyMediaManager (TMM) v4 and make sure save extrafanarts to the extranarts folder is turned off.
  • Check the RENAMER settings for TMM, make sure it will rename the movies the way you would like, it has a renamer preview. It can really mess up your library if you have a custom way to name your movie files so preview first for this can't be undone.
  • Rename your movies and see if TMM moved your fanarts from the extrafanarts folder to sit beside the movie. If it does not work try and older version. v. 2.8.3 worked for me, if you can't find it online, download it from my Gdrive
  • TMM can also rename only the folders and keep your file names intact if you choose (very important if you use video flags or movie universe in the file name). Just make sure the file name is empty in the renamer settings.
  • If it renames successfully, you are in luck and ready to go. If not, you will have to delete the fanarts as explained in  1. above and re-download them with TMM or any app of your choice and make sure it does not save in the extrafanart folder.
  • If you deleted the fanarts, then select all movies in TMM, right click and choose, ADD MISSING ARTWORKS FOR SELECTED MOVIES. TMM v4 should now save your new artworks correctly.
  • Also see this post in the forum
Finally, I do not recommend you continue using this skin, especially not with MATRIX. This skin uses script helper services which although has been updated to python 3 to work in MATRIX is still buggy. Plus, most devs are moving to embruary helper which is faster and still in active development. This skin does not support some latest MATRIX features because it has not been maintained for over a year now. I know this skin is feature rich and easy to use but it maybe time to move on until someone offers their time to maintain it. If you can maintain it yourself, well and good. Otherwise there are feature rich skins that if you give a try you may come to like or even love. Here is list of some skins with very active devs & users for MATRIX.
  • Rapier (similar to Estuary texture wise)
  • Aeon MQ 7 & 8 Mods by latts9923 for Matrix (feature rich)
  • Aeon MQ 9 (still underdevelopment, not released yet)
  • Aeon Nox: SILVO (feature rich)
  • Aeon Tajo (feature rich)
Thanks. I went with
Aeon Nox: SILVO (feature rich
(2021-01-13, 11:51)uVSthem Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I went with
Aeon Nox: SILVO (feature rich

Am glad you found a skin you could use.
Is there a way to change the video player to be the same as the original Estuary skin? The Estuary MOD video player icons are too small and has too many buttons and I preferred the video player in the original Estuary skin.
(2021-01-13, 10:57)TimeZone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-06, 12:01)uVSthem Wrote: [ -> ] 
Finally, I do not recommend you continue using this skin, especially not with MATRIX. This skin uses script helper services which although has been updated to python 3 to work in MATRIX is still buggy. 

Script helper services is completely removed from this skin mod. But there is indeed more work to do.
(2021-01-20, 08:58)_BJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]Script helper services is completely removed from this skin mod. But there is indeed more work to do.

I was not aware of that, the last time I used the skin, it still relied on script helper services. Has someone else been updating the skin since @Guilouz stopped the updates? It was a great skin though, hopefully someone will create a similar mod based on the latest Matrix Estuary.
(2021-01-20, 13:46)TimeZone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-20, 08:58)_BJ1 Wrote: [ -> ]Script helper services is completely removed from this skin mod. But there is indeed more work to do.

I was not aware of that, the last time I used the skin, it still relied on script helper services. Has someone else been updating the skin since @Guilouz stopped the updates? It was a great skin though, hopefully someone will create a similar mod based on the latest Matrix Estuary.
I agree. I'm still using this skin (on 18.9) and it still works fine. To me, it's stil the best skin and I'm using it for years. I do really hope that this skin will be picked up. Otherwise, I will fall into a depression.  Smile
(2018-03-10, 20:39)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-10, 18:18)Joco1114 Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile I realized, why movie duration disappeared: In Settings/Skin/General I checked Media flags color. It showed me a lots of color but I pressed esc, so it set the option to "None". I had to set it to "Skin default" and now I can see the duration. The interesting thing: other media flags was showed except duration. Maybe the other flags are icons, not text?
 Yes, others are image. Some people have this issue but I have try to do a fresh install and I have by default 'Skin default' for flags color and not 'None'.
Thank you SOOO much for this tips !

I was looking for why this icon flags were empty...

There is a Matrix version in the Kodinerds repo
Does anyone know how to make the video and music player buttons bigger like in the original Estuary skin? The buttons are smaller on the Estuary MOD skin.
(2021-01-20, 15:24)SirRickie Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree. I'm still using this skin (on 18.9) and it still works fine. To me, it's stil the best skin and I'm using it for years. I do really hope that this skin will be picked up. Otherwise, I will fall into a depression.  Smile
Same here ...