Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue when navigating the Music folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure how long this has been an issue, but when navigating into the first level of Music folders (Genre, Artists, etc.) in the two skins I use, Aeon MQ7 and Titan, there is no upper tab to click that will let you return to the Main Menu. This is not an issue with Estuary, as you can navigate sideways to the main categories directly from this subfolder.

The reason I point this out is that I've also learned that the "back" button on my MS Media remote will not allow you to go back to the Main Menu from this subfolder either. My keyboard "esc" will does work, however.

Very weird...
I hate to say it, but surely this is a skin issue then and should go in the specifc skin sub forum. But I will leave it here a while in case someone has a quick answer for you anyway.

Or I guess it could be a key/remote mapping thing.
Esc is key_home
Thanks for the quick reply Dave. This may be a key mapping problem for MS remotes but it's really the lack of the "back" tab at the top of the Music Category Subfolders that allows you to choose how you want to scan your library. I see now that it even exists even in Estuary...

1. From Music choose a Category along the upper part of the screen: say Artist;
2. Go to the top of the Artist menu and select the "back" tab of three dots;
3. The menu kicks you back into the Category list, not the Main Menu, but you cannot get out of this list by continuing to press a remote back button. You must use the "esc" key on a keyboard.

If there was a "back" tab at the top of the Category list in Step 3 above you could choose that to return to the Main Menu, but one does not exist. Also, I do not see this problem in Movies.