Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Jarvis Paranormal Activities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, hello everyone! I just registered at this forum to share something that I can not understand and hoping to find some answers!

So, I named this Thread as a Paranormal activity due to the following:

I have 2 laptops, one of them has Kodi 16 and connected to my TV via HDMI, and the other one I barley use. Therefore, the laptop that I barley use is on my table and always has the screen off due to inactivity but not in a sleep mode. So every single time that I open Kodi or exit Kodi on the first laptop (the one connected to HDMI) the other laptop screen lights up like there is an activity going on, and normally this does not happen unless I move the mouse or press a button. I tried it over 20 times over the last 3 days and ended up with the same results. both laptops are connected to internet via Ethernet.

is this a security matter? is my entire home network infected? does it happen with anyone else? Lots of questions but waiting for answers.

Much appreciation in advance!
I doubt it's a security issue, but without a log file you probably won't get much help.
What does this have to do with website or forum issues? Moving it to OS independent.

You've probably got UPNP or something enabled, and one install of Kodi is pinging and WOL activating the other machine, or something like that.