Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI and HDMI CEC / TV Remote support on Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all.
Ok, this may sound like a noob question, and I admit my KODI / Android / Linux knowledge is very limited.

So, I have a 905x Android TV Box.
When I run LibreElec (from my microSD card) I can see that my TV Remote works fine on KODI, so I can use that for anything I want (navigation, etc). Trying to do a little research I found out that there is a lib / peripheral installed called "LibCec 3.0.1". My guess is that this lib is the reason my TV Remote works fine, and probably it is installed because LibreElec is actually running on Linux (right ? ).

Now, when I boot on Android (my Tv Box), my TV Remote does not work on KODI and / or SPMC.
Navigating to the settings / Inputs / Peripherals menu, I confirmed that in this case (Android) there is no such lib as "LibCec" or anything related to support the TV Remote.

So, is there any other / alternative way I can enable the use of my TV Remote for the basic functions of KODI when it runs on Android ?

Thank you in advance.
Go into Android Settings and look for the obvious "HDMI-CEC" if it is present there at all.

Even then you will still not get the same level of HDMI-CEC control that AML S905 LibreELEC gives with its Superior Kodi - LibCEC implementation.
(2017-02-15, 03:10)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Go into Android Settings and look for the obvious "HDMI-CEC" if it is present there at all.

Even then you will still not get the same level of HDMI-CEC control that AML S905 LibreELEC gives with its Superior Kodi - LibCEC implementation.

Thank you for the feedback.

I forgot to mention in my first post that I have everything regarding HDMI-CEC enabled within Android settings (except "auto change language").

Regards.