Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: My kodi xbmc box won't recognize my Seagate 1TB external hard drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently trying to run emulators on my kodi box and I need add a source for the emulators in: settings->file manager->add source. However when I try and add a source in file manager, it doesn't recognize my external hard drive. I've looked the root filesystem folder under mnt and storage and it still isn't there.
What os?

Is the drive mounted?
The OS is android and the drive doesn't appear to be mounted.
Thread moved to Android.

The most common cause of this kind of problem is the drive not getting enough power. Is it USB powered or does it have its own supply?
The external hard drive is usb powered.
Maybe try a powered hub then to ensure it has enough power.
I have kodi on my firestick. I have been trying to get it to connect to my seagate 5tb external hard drive. It will not recognize it. I have looked in the external drive option as well as the root system under mnt, storage, sDard etc. But nothing. I have used my Xbox one and an Emerson tv as the medium between the firestick and my seagate. Can anyone help?
Ask Amazon.
Thanks. I just figured out a way using my network at home