Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Catch-Up TV & More
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
(2021-08-04, 19:18)pmrtvcom Wrote: [ -> ]I have been trying to make use of this add-on to bring UKTV Play to my setup. Unfortunately it seems it is having a problem. Despite setting up my account login details correctly, claiming "local variable 'data_account' referenced before assignment". It is otherwise a very good add-on but I am dismayed it seems to be giving problems in the very part of it I most wanted to use.

https://paste.kodi.tv/neqepijavu contains a log with an occurrence in it. If another is required please let me know.

I logged this as an issue on github a couple of weeks ago. Really hoping it gets picked up and fixed as this was my go-to for UKTV Play
@pmrtvcom - log snippets are usually less than useful for support, full uncut logs are normally required.

That said, what you did post contains references to at least one banned addon (wiki), in violation of the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here. No support is offered for any such device.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2021-08-04, 19:59)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@pmrtvcom - log snippets are usually less than useful for support, full uncut logs are normally required.

That said, what you did post contains references to at least one banned addon (wiki), in violation of the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here. No support is offered for any such device.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Understood and thank you. I do not believed any problematic addons now exist on my system, yet the problem remains. Any that *did* exist were solely in (unsuccessful) attempt to solve exactly the same problem. If you want another, clean log, It will be submitted within a week.
Code:
2021-08-04 12:26:31.637 T:1046    ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.program.indigo]: The dependency on script.module.requests version 0.0.0 could not be satisfied.

That was the one in your previous log (Indigo is very much a banned addon (wiki)), but anything that's on that list is forbidden here.

A full uncut log will show what else may be installed.
(2021-08-05, 09:26)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
2021-08-04 12:26:31.637 T:1046    ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.program.indigo]: The dependency on script.module.requests version 0.0.0 could not be satisfied.

That was the one in your previous log (Indigo is very much a banned addon (wiki)), but anything that's on that list is forbidden here.

A full uncut log will show what else may be installed.
How about this log from my system that was posted to github 2 weeks ago?
https://zerobin.net/?569edbcd64d856fc#ya...NutfZLN07s=
(2021-08-03, 20:26)wolf30uk Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering what the state of play is with this addon? 
Is it still maintained?
There are several issues being logged on github and no discernible action being taken on them
The last commit was only 3 weeks ago, maybe the dev has other things to do in his life away from fixing this addon. Give him chance, I don't think 3 weeks is a sufficient length of time to be calling out the developer.
My latest log is at https://paste.kodi.tv/amajukugas.kodi

This time the errors were oddly different, but I will try again tomorrow and post a new log if at all significant.
And here is what it normally does: https://paste.kodi.tv/etatenafuf.kodi

The difference: in the first one, my user session on the system in question was running Google Chrome and had the UKTVPlay web site open with my account logged in. In the second, only the kodi user was logged in.
(2021-08-07, 07:52)pmrtvcom Wrote: [ -> ]And here is what it normally does: https://paste.kodi.tv/etatenafuf.kodi

The difference: in the first one, my user session on the system in question was running Google Chrome and had the UKTVPlay web site open with my account logged in. In the second, only the kodi user was logged in.
Debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/hipeguwucu.kodi
I'm having the same problems trying to use UKTVPlay with this addon. Unbound Local Error: local variable 'data_account' referenced before assignment.
Is the addon still maintained or is it now defunct? I see that people have been reporting this issue for several months now and there has been no response from the developer.
I've also noticed there's a problem with the EPG integration - the EPG shows no information for any UK channel, although the standalone guide within the addon DOES contain programme info.
Last of all, the feature that offers to upload your logfile when an error occurs, itself fails, saying "Unable to retrieve the paste url".

Is it even worth providing any more information, or is this addon dead in the water?
(2021-10-12, 00:28)kevwag Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problems trying to use UKTVPlay with this addon. Unbound Local Error: local variable 'data_account' referenced before assignment.
Is the addon still maintained or is it now defunct? I see that people have been reporting this issue for several months now and there has been no response from the developer.
I've also noticed there's a problem with the EPG integration - the EPG shows no information for any UK channel, although the standalone guide within the addon DOES contain programme info.
Last of all, the feature that offers to upload your logfile when an error occurs, itself fails, saying "Unable to retrieve the paste url".

Is it even worth providing any more information, or is this addon dead in the water?
I initially logged this on github almost 3 months ago now, and it still hasn't even been acknowledged as an issue, whilst other, newer issues seem to be getting attention.
For now, I've found other ways to watch UKTV catchup.
(2021-10-13, 17:43)wolf30uk Wrote: [ -> ]...For now, I've found other ways to watch UKTV catchup.

Are you doing that from within Kodi? If so, could you tell me how you did it please?
I'm running CoreELEC on an Armlogic S905X box so unfortunately, I don't have the option of breaking out of Kodi to run apps for a different platform. It doesn't have a built-in web browser either so running the site in kiosk mode with the browser launcher is also a no-go Sad

As a last resort I could flash the box back to Android but I really don't want to do that - the Android version of Kodi is slow, buggy, crashes often and doesn't support hardware acceleration on Amlogic set-top boxes (which is a bit insane since they're easily the most common Android devices that anyone is likely to use with Kodi).
(2021-10-13, 20:01)kevwag Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-13, 17:43)wolf30uk Wrote: [ -> ]...For now, I've found other ways to watch UKTV catchup.

Are you doing that from within Kodi? If so, could you tell me how you did it please?
I'm running CoreELEC on an Armlogic S905X box so unfortunately, I don't have the option of breaking out of Kodi to run apps for a different platform. It doesn't have a built-in web browser either so running the site in kiosk mode with the browser launcher is also a no-go Sad

As a last resort I could flash the box back to Android but I really don't want to do that - the Android version of Kodi is slow, buggy, crashes often and doesn't support hardware acceleration on Amlogic set-top boxes (which is a bit insane since they're easily the most common Android devices that anyone is likely to use with Kodi).
I'm afraid not. Since losing functionality in this addon, I've opted for the channel provider's UKTV app on a Fire Stick.
OK, you have to put up with adverts, but at least it works
I need disable Allow hardware acceleration to fix this bug on the shield tv, why ?
(2021-11-11, 08:42)zhaosm Wrote: [ -> ]I need disable Allow hardware acceleration to fix this bug on the shield tv, why ?

I mean the catch-up from PVR IPTV simple client
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30