Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why does two albums get created instead of one!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having an issue where sometimes 2 albums will be created instead of one. There maybe 10 songs in one album and it puts one of the songs in another album.

For Example: Bee Gees - Greatest. Song #1 is Jive Talkin, but it puts that in a different album to the other 10 songs.

Justin Bieber purpose deluxe edition vs regular edition. The song where are U now keeps getting put in a separate album to the other 19 songs.

I have tried using MusicBrainz Picard to fix this problem, but had no luck. Any ideas would be helpful.

Image[/img]
File probably has some additional tags which are different from the rest. Could be album artist, artist or album - theyre the usual culprits. Use MP3Tag to compare the extended tags of the files.
Thanks for the quick response! I will compare the files in MP3Tag and let you know.
It sounds like you have not identified the correct album in Picard, so have tracks with different Musicbrainz Album ID tags. The first one Picard finds may not be the correct one. Also if you tag some songs from an album with mbids but not others then Kodi will see that as separate albums.
Just drag the Jive talkin' song from the other album up to the "Greatest Hits" album and drop it. Are you using cluster, then lookup? Or are you choosing to "scan" all the songs via their acoustic id?
Picard has a "remove all other tags option"

Its pretty essential to turn that option on to prevent these kind of problems.
(2017-02-15, 17:39)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]Picard has a "remove all other tags option"

Its pretty essential to turn that option on to prevent these kind of problems.
But beware you wiill lose any genre tag values you added during ripping (most rippers provide some basic tagging), Picard does not add genre, and ytou may prefer some of the naming you had alreday entered.

I think the user is just inexperienced with Picard.
(2017-02-15, 17:49)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]But beware you wiill lose any genre tag values you added during ripping (most rippers provide some basic tagging), Picard does not add genre, and ytou may prefer some of the naming you had alreday entered.

Yep very true... if you enable searching online, sources then you can get the genre back using the TADB scraper.

The idea of ripping genres at source, seems a little inefficient to me but i'm guessing a lot of people still do that or want to overide them.
(2017-02-15, 18:06)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of ripping genres at source, seems a little inefficient to me but i'm guessing a lot of people still do that or want to overide them.
Sitting with a pile of CDs from my collection, usually of a similar kind, it was very easy to add my own choice of genre consistently as I ripped (using EAC).

I think genre can be quite subjective, and you may want to have more granular genres/sub genres in areas that you have a lot of albums to categorise, and not care and be general where you have few of that kind.

But great to have the "wisdom of clouds" to fall back on too, of course, from TADB.
I checked the Tags inside of MP3tag and there is some differences bw the Jive Talkin song and the rest of the album. What is the best way to make the whole album match and get Jive Talkin in the same album. I have tried to cluster and look up option, but this has not worked.

I will try the Picard has a "remove all other tags option" and see if that gets it working correctly. Seems like once Picard picks up on some differences in songs within the same album, it is not that easy to correct. Maybe I just don't know all the tricks to get passed a problem like this. Thanks for all of the great responses to my post.
You can drag and drop any track in picard onto an album, you don't need to use the auto features like cluster and lookup if it doesnt work, just drag and drop each track individually.

You can also add an album manually from the website using the "lookup in browser" option.
When i right click on the song Jive Talkin it does not give me the right click options like on the other songs(look up in browser, look up etc). Is that because it is not associating it with this album. I will try and add manually and see if that works.
I was able to fix this problem! The steps I took were as follows:

1. Delete all tag information for the Bee Gees Greatest Album using MP3Tag.
2. Load the album into Picard, manually add artist and album information.
3. Cluster and scan
4. Then I could see the right album information and save all the songs.
5. Now in Kodi I can see One album with all the songs.

I do use the look up in browser function to see the correct album information. Is it possible to tag using this function. For some reason when I use the look up function it never works and I have to select scan. I think a lot of this is trial and error and using the applications to get comfortable with how they work. Appreciate the help.
(2017-02-15, 18:06)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-15, 17:49)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]But beware you wiill lose any genre tag values you added during ripping (most rippers provide some basic tagging), Picard does not add genre, and ytou may prefer some of the naming you had alreday entered.

Yep very true... if you enable searching online, sources then you can get the genre back using the TADB scraper.

The idea of ripping genres at source, seems a little inefficient to me but i'm guessing a lot of people still do that or want to overide them.

Someone should write a plugin for Picard to check tadb for genre Tongue
(2017-02-16, 23:35)cap2587 Wrote: [ -> ]I do use the look up in browser function to see the correct album information. Is it possible to tag using this function. For some reason when I use the look up function it never works and I have to select scan. I think a lot of this is trial and error and using the applications to get comfortable with how they work. Appreciate the help.

I believe the lookup function uses AcoustiID so will only really work if you have downloaded your music from a common source, its a bit hit and miss.

If you sign up for an API key on the AcoutiID site and then once you scan and select the correct album, you can submit your music to AcoustiID by pressing the "Submit Acoustic ID's" button on the top right of the toolbar. This is only available in the most recent version of Picard released a few days ago.
Pages: 1 2