Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to configure the "Last album added" play-list ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi team
how can I can configure the built-in play-list "last album added".
Ok for the number of album in the file advancedsetting.xml
but how to sort the play list by date added by exemple ?
I try with 2 other way (smart play list and node editing) but it doesn't work better (or i'm poor rookie :-) )
thank for your help .
Depending on you skin, there is a option to sort the view, usually press left on the remote and a side menu shows up, there you can sort the CDs by date
(2017-02-16, 16:02)bubandno Wrote: [ -> ]how can I can configure the built-in play-list "last album added".
Ok for the number of album in the file advancedsetting.xml
but how to sort the play list by date added by exemple ?
I try with 2 other way (smart play list and node editing) but it doesn't work better (or i'm poor rookie :-) )
Unfortunately number of albums is the only thing on the Recently Added Albums node that can be configured. There is no optional sorting, and AFAIK changing skin will not help.

Also unfortunately at the moment you can not use date added or ambum id as an albums smart playlist rule. It is on my list of jobs for v18, then users will be able to configure their own kind of node.

However you also need to be aware that the "date added" that is held is actually not the date the album was added to the library at all, but the file date of the first song on the album. That can have nothing to do with when the album was scanned into the library. Because of this the Recently Added Album node uses album id, which does at least reflect the order in which albums were added to the library.