Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-22, 04:06)jayg84 Wrote: [ -> ]I love the work you have done and really appreciate it!

Is there anyway we could do a video background. I think it would be cool to have videos like those pictures you see where the street lights are flickering or fast motion.

I also wondered if you could brighten up the background? Looks like the screen is in sleep mode.

Thank you, Jay
You can add video backgrounds, but they have to be in .GIF format. But the size and strain on performance might not be good. You can convert video to gif with http://www.online-convert.com/
(2017-03-23, 13:02)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-23, 10:42)cruachan Wrote: [ -> ]Dumb question but how do you scroll through the values? I can't edit it by highlighting and pressing OK button on my simple remote in the settings screen to get to any dialog box and it's not showing any up/down arrows to change values either.

Actually, the value should change when you highlight that setting and press the OK button, without any dialogue box. Smile
There are 12 different values possible within a range from 5 secs to 30 mins.

@Kr1ss. Thanks for the reply. That's strange then because when I Press the OK Button nothing changes. I do hear the button press sound but the time value doesn't change. Have tried with another keyboard remote but that's the same, button press sound but value doesn't change.

Thought it might have been due to the 17.1 upgrade but I have also tested on another android box which is still at 17.0 and it too won't allow me to change the time setting.
(2017-03-23, 14:49)cruachan Wrote: [ -> ]@Kr1ss. Thanks for the reply. That's strange then because when I Press the OK Button nothing changes. I do hear the button press sound but the time value doesn't change. Have tried with another keyboard remote but that's the same, button press sound but value doesn't change.

Thought it might have been due to the 17.1 upgrade but I have also tested on another android box which is still at 17.0 and it too won't allow me to change the time setting.

Hmm I'm sorry I can't explain that... For me it's working with 17.0 as well as 17.1.
Maybe somebody else can reproduce this and/or has got a solution ? Huh
(2017-03-23, 14:09)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ].
You can add video backgrounds, but they have to be in .GIF format. But the size and strain on performance might not be good. You can convert video to gif with http://www.online-convert.com/

Wow, hadn't even thought of that! Nice solution. Obviously, performance will take a huge hit, but that's as good a solution as is possible at the moment!

(2017-03-23, 14:49)cruachan Wrote: [ -> ]@Kr1ss. Thanks for the reply. That's strange then because when I Press the OK Button nothing changes. I do hear the button press sound but the time value doesn't change. Have tried with another keyboard remote but that's the same, button press sound but value doesn't change.

I always try to add precautions that would ensure the setting is working. In this instance, if nothing is selected, it defaults to five seconds. The very first time you click the toggle, it will actually select the first value, which, again is five. Everything after that goes in a preset circle, with incremental increases of the set values. From what you've described, it looks like the default five seconds haven't been set by the skin upon the update that brought the setting. Therefore, you can't enter the circle, so to speak.

I'm always adding new skin settings, and while with the precautions I take, everything works most of the time, there's going to be glitches up the wazoo, especially when dealing with complex settings like this, with many options that impact the whole skin. The only way to guarantee that the settings I add-in are properly applied would be to delete the skin's settings.xml file (userdata/addon_data/skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton) from the userdata folder, boot up Kodi, and readjust the settings to your preference.

If you don't want to do that, which I understand, then you need to tackle these situations on an individual basis. In this case, you could go inside the settings.xml and add the setting manually.

Code:
<setting id="rotationlimit" type="string">2</setting>

The "rotationlimit" is the setting in question, the number is the value selected. 1 is five seconds 2 is ten seconds, etc. By setting any number, you should in effect force the skin to acknowledge the setting, and jumpstart the proper behaviour. After this, it should work from within the skin. There's a chance that you already have the setting in the file, but without any value attached to it. Many situations are possible...

Let me know if you've made progress!
Just a small heads-up, the update that's in the repo has finally introduced a RightList view. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I'm hoping that we can all polish it out together. Big Grin
(2017-03-23, 16:11)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]Just a small heads-up, the update that's in the repo has finally introduced a RightList view. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I'm hoping that we can all polish it out together. Big Grin

Yaayyy ! LaughLaughLaugh

I just updated. RightList really looks great, esp. with discart; thank U for that !!!
In my opinion it's a nice idea to show some additional info only on the highlighted list item.
One proposal, what do you think about giving the info text a bit more space ? Maybe if it was as tall as the poster image ? (I hope “tall“ is to the correct adjective in English)

Thanks a lot for all your work and effort, again !
Hi guys, is it just me or is the changelog option gone for addons since Krypton.. I like to see what has been changed in addons when update(s) are available. Is this due to the skin? Or not available anymore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
(2017-03-23, 17:07)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]Yaayyy ! LaughLaughLaugh

I just updated. RightList really looks great, esp. with discart; thank U for that !!!
In my opinion it's a nice idea to show some additional info only on the highlighted list item.
One proposal, what do you think about giving the info text a bit more space ? Maybe if it was as tall as the poster image ? (I hope “tall“ is to the correct adjective in English)

Hehe, glad you like it. Big Grin

What info would you like to see in the focused item? At the moment I've added ratings and years. I was planning to add things like genre, directors, writers, etc just above the plot, maybe add colour hightlights... but that is all fine-tuning.

Once it's clear what info goes where, I can add a toggle in the submenu that adjusts the layout (height, etc.) Wink

(2017-03-23, 17:49)powermarcel10 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, is it just me or is the changelog option gone for addons since Krypton.. I like to see what has been changed in addons when update(s) are available. Is this due to the skin? Or not available anymore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

Yes, the reading the changelog.txt and the changelog button were removed from Krypton entirely, I don't understand why. The new method is to add the changelog entries into the addon.xml using the <news> tags. However, most devs haven't done this, so there's no way of seeing what's new. :/

All this is fully implemented in the skin, so you don't need to worry. You will see the changelog button whenever there are proper entries in the addon.xml, and it will display properly. Otherwise there won't be a button at all. You can test this by clicking the changelog while in the add-on info for the skin.
(2017-03-23, 05:32)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-22, 23:39)cruachan Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Background - Backgrounds rotation time (Default 5 seconds) setting editable and is this the correct setting to effect the timing of the Select background - multi-image option in the Customize Main menu.

I have setup a multi-image background for one of my home screen tiles which rotates through the images fine but I'd like to slow the refresh rate down a bit. It currently takes about 14-15 seconds to rotate (I am using an smb share for this but I wouldn't have thought that should effect the timing) but as it's no where near the 5 seconds in the settings I'm not sure if that's the right setting or whether it's controlled somewhere else.

This is with Krypton 17.1 on an Android TV Box.

Yes, that setting should control the fanart/extrafanart rotation in the library, as well as the rotation of menu items backgrounds. I haven't tested that setting with SMB, but there's no reason it should affect the timing. How long does it take, on average?

If you haven't touched the setting ever, the proper values might've gotten mixed up. Scrolling through all the delay values once might help. Other than that, keep in mind that for the backgrounds to be visible, widget fanart must be switched off, or the widgets themselves hidden.

(2017-03-23, 03:13)jayg84 Wrote: [ -> ]Alanon,

Could I possibly change the code myself for my own setup at home? I know how to do a little bit of work myself using notepad++++, could I simply change something to lighten the background of the main menu completely? I understand why you have it the way that you do, for my personal theme I would like it to not have a filter at all. Just trying to make it look similar to what I had on 16.1 using the 2.0 mod.

Also, I would like to do the same for the video background if it is possible at all. I assume there is somewhere I could overlay a video over the background wallpaper but behind the menu bar. Again I am not asking for you to make a change to the skin but point me in the right direction to do it on my own skin.

Sure, easily. Wink If you want to remove the gradient completely, you need to go to Includes_Furniture.xml, line 1407, and change the texture colour diffuse to something like "00000000". Only downside is, you'll have to do this every time the skin updates. I've adjusted the gradient strength a bit for the upcoming update. It's as low as I can get it without causing problems. So you can try it out, and if it still looks bad for you, then change it out completely.

As for the backgrounds, I can only help a small amount. The skin itself has sorted out the positioning. Go to Includes_Furniture, line 691. The includes name is Furniture_Background. There you'll find a videowindow control. This control fills up when you're playing a video, and, if the proper skin setting is activated, overlays content over it, as if the video were a background, which is what you're looking for. There are limitations to this. The way things are set-up means that you can only play one file for the entire skin, so no customising by home menu. That bit is controlled by skin-shortcuts which doesn't support videos at all.

Another problem entirely is how you would go about playing the video. I don't know how you would tell Kodi to play a video file and not register it as media content. Without that, the skin would think you're playing regular videos and automatically hide all the widgets, RSS, etc. To circumvent this, you would have to overhaul the way the skin handles background videos, and designate the widgets to always remain onscreen. Also, you'd need to do the same for the RSS, and for the playing controls that pop-up, in order to prevent being able to stop the video playback.

I found the solution for me for the background. Just delete the line completely. No gradient at all. If you are using a dark menu bar as I am it works perfectly. Not sure if this is something you can add to settings or not for everyone else. Thank you Alanon for your work and dedication to answering all our questions Smile
(2017-03-23, 16:02)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-23, 14:09)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ].
[quote='cruachan' pid='2554478' dateline='1490273360']
@Kr1ss. Thanks for the reply. That's strange then because when I Press the OK Button nothing changes. I do hear the button press sound but the time value doesn't change. Have tried with another keyboard remote but that's the same, button press sound but value doesn't change.

I always try to add precautions that would ensure the setting is working. In this instance, if nothing is selected, it defaults to five seconds. The very first time you click the toggle, it will actually select the first value, which, again is five. Everything after that goes in a preset circle, with incremental increases of the set values. From what you've described, it looks like the default five seconds haven't been set by the skin upon the update that brought the setting. Therefore, you can't enter the circle, so to speak.

I'm always adding new skin settings, and while with the precautions I take, everything works most of the time, there's going to be glitches up the wazoo, especially when dealing with complex settings like this, with many options that impact the whole skin. The only way to guarantee that the settings I add-in are properly applied would be to delete the skin's settings.xml file (userdata/addon_data/skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton) from the userdata folder, boot up Kodi, and readjust the settings to your preference.

If you don't want to do that, which I understand, then you need to tackle these situations on an individual basis. In this case, you could go inside the settings.xml and add the setting manually.

Code:
<setting id="rotationlimit" type="string">2</setting>

The "rotationlimit" is the setting in question, the number is the value selected. 1 is five seconds 2 is ten seconds, etc. By setting any number, you should in effect force the skin to acknowledge the setting, and jumpstart the proper behaviour. After this, it should work from within the skin. There's a chance that you already have the setting in the file, but without any value attached to it. Many situations are possible...

Let me know if you've made progress!

First off, congrats and thanks for the RightList view (and all the other improvements), much appreciated. Maybe a few tweaks but already my favourite view, especially for Music Artists.

Mixed news with the RotationLimit values. I followed your suggestion to edit the settings.xml (rather then delete it) but the value I had already matched yours. Even so I changed the value again to 3 and reloaded the skin. No difference with the settings screen (still stuck on the default 5 seconds) but the timing of the background changing did alter so I tried a couple of tests by clicking on the 5 second default (I can hear the button press clicks) a few times then reloading the skin each time and looking at the values in the settings.xml I can see they are changing and therefore the timings are changing too. I can't work out a pattern sometimes the values jump i.e. from 3 to 10 even if I press only once and then back to 1,2 & 4 but it does change the timings I just can't scroll through the values so it's very hit-and-miss.

I've now tested this on two Android TVBoxes one with Android 6.0.1, Krypton 17.1 and Eminence 2.0 Mod 2.3.3, one TV Box with Android 5.0.1, Krypton 17.0 and Eminence 2.0 Mod 2.3.2 , one HTPC with LibreElec 8.0.0, Krypton 17.0 and Eminence 2.0 Mod 2.3.2 and I even tried it on my LinuxMint 18.1 Desktop , Krypton 17.1 and Eminence 2.3.2. They ALL suffer the same problem so whatever is causing this it's maybe something specific to my setup (Ubuntu NAS Server running Emby with Kodi Clients, or a setting somewhere else in the skin that's having a knock-on effect).

It's not a show stopper for me as i can get it to do what I want with random tries and if nobody else is reporting this then only keep looking at it if you've got the time. Am happy to test out any suggestions you do have and report back results - again only if you have the time.
(2017-03-23, 23:39)cruachan Wrote: [ -> ]First off, congrats and thanks for the RightList view (and all the other improvements), much appreciated. Maybe a few tweaks but already my favourite view, especially for Music Artists.

Mixed news with the RotationLimit values. I followed your suggestion to edit the settings.xml (rather then delete it) but the value I had already matched yours. Even so I changed the value again to 3 and reloaded the skin. No difference with the settings screen (still stuck on the default 5 seconds) but the timing of the background changing did alter so I tried a couple of tests by clicking on the 5 second default (I can hear the button press clicks) a few times then reloading the skin each time and looking at the values in the settings.xml I can see they are changing and therefore the timings are changing too. I can't work out a pattern sometimes the values jump i.e. from 3 to 10 even if I press only once and then back to 1,2 & 4 but it does change the timings I just can't scroll through the values so it's very hit-and-miss.

I've now tested this on two Android TVBoxes one with Android 6.0.1, Krypton 17.1 and Eminence 2.0 Mod 2.3.3, one TV Box with Android 5.0.1, Krypton 17.0 and Eminence 2.0 Mod 2.3.2 , one HTPC with LibreElec 8.0.0, Krypton 17.0 and Eminence 2.0 Mod 2.3.2 and I even tried it on my LinuxMint 18.1 Desktop , Krypton 17.1 and Eminence 2.3.2. They ALL suffer the same problem so whatever is causing this it's maybe something specific to my setup (Ubuntu NAS Server running Emby with Kodi Clients, or a setting somewhere else in the skin that's having a knock-on effect).

It's not a show stopper for me as i can get it to do what I want with random tries and if nobody else is reporting this then only keep looking at it if you've got the time. Am happy to test out any suggestions you do have and report back results - again only if you have the time.

Well, it sure sounds like a legit bug. Only problem is, I can't see the logic behind it. You should literally be changing values in sequence only, since the chain of conditions is orderly. Only having 2 set will lead you to 3, 3 to 4, and so on. So, in theory, if you're skipping that much, that would mean that you are either activating the onclicks with supersonic speeds - or that one onclick counts as several.

Could you check if the Plot Overlay timing setting is improperly toggled? (That's "Show plot overlay in video library after delay". When that's enabled, the "Time to show" setting appears.) It's implemented using different values, but uses the same kind of code to toggle between them. Anyways, after you enable it, you have to go to a library item and stay focused on it, but not move anything. The X amount of seconds that passes between your last movement and the overlay displaying should be the set value.

You can also try the "Info displayed for episodes" toggle. All this will hopefully reveal if it's a bug with the way Android boxes handle a bunch of conditioned strings in a setting, or if this is an isolated bug relating only to this specific toggle. If worse comes to worse, I can always set up a selection dialog using skin.helper.service, with the full list of available strings. Although that has its own set of issues...
(2017-03-24, 00:48)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it sure sounds like a legit bug. Only problem is, I can't see the logic behind it. You should literally be changing values in sequence only, since the chain of conditions is orderly. Only having 2 set will lead you to 3, 3 to 4, and so on. So, in theory, if you're skipping that much, that would mean that you are either activating the onclicks with supersonic speeds - or that one onclick counts as several.

Could you check if the Plot Overlay timing setting is improperly toggled? (That's "Show plot overlay in video library after delay". When that's enabled, the "Time to show" setting appears.) It's implemented using different values, but uses the same kind of code to toggle between them. Anyways, after you enable it, you have to go to a library item and stay focused on it, but not move anything. The X amount of seconds that passes between your last movement and the overlay displaying should be the set value.

You can also try the "Info displayed for episodes" toggle. All this will hopefully reveal if it's a bug with the way Android boxes handle a bunch of conditioned strings in a setting, or if this is an isolated bug relating only to this specific toggle. If worse comes to worse, I can always set up a selection dialog using skin.helper.service, with the full list of available strings. Although that has its own set of issues...

Okay, after toggling through the values in the Plot overlay and confirming that I could see all the values and that the timings were correctly implemented and then going to the Info displayed for episodes and confirming that it worked too I went back to the Backgrounds rotation time and - it has started working! I can see all the values from 5 seconds to 30 minutes and the timings are being applied correctly.

On the second TVBox I tried just switching on the Plot overlay and changing the timing to increase by one second and that was enough to reset the Background rotation settings (Just switching the Plot overlay on and off but not changing the time value was not enough to reset things).

SHould now be able to reset the others tomorrow but at least it's a workaround/fix. Thanks for all your help, just let me know if you want me to test anything else.
*sigh*

Since there is no stable Krypton build for my device i have to use Jarvis 16.1 for now and cannot use this skin.
(2017-03-23, 18:10)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-23, 17:07)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]Yaayyy ! LaughLaughLaugh

Hehe, glad you like it. Big Grin

What info would you like to see in the focused item? At the moment I've added ratings and years. I was planning to add things like genre, directors, writers, etc just above the plot, maybe add colour hightlights... but that is all fine-tuning.

Once it's clear what info goes where, I can add a toggle in the submenu that adjusts the layout (height, etc.) Wink

Oops I think you misunderstood me. Blush
I meant the list itself actually looks fine for me as it is, with rating and year for the selected item.
Media info above the plot would probably be nice as well, maybe including audio/subtitle language ?

I'm planning to translate the skin strings to german. From the beginning of april, I should find some time to do so. If you agree @Alanon, I'm going to share this translation in the thread, maybe there are some german speaking users who are interested.
(2017-03-24, 14:42)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]I'm planning to translate the skin strings to german. From the beginning of april, I should find some time to do so. If you agree @Alanon, I'm going to share this translation in the thread, maybe there are some german speaking users who are interested.

As far as I'm concerned, if you make a German translation, I'll include it in the skin, so everyone can choose.

If you, or anyone else for that matter would like to make a translation, just let me know. I'm always available for any questions or corrections.

And if you'd like to maintain the translations once you've made them, I'll gladly send you strings to translate before an update happens, so everything can be up to date at the same time.