Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-25, 03:11)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-24, 14:42)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]I'm planning to translate the skin strings to german. From the beginning of april, I should find some time to do so. If you agree @Alanon, I'm going to share this translation in the thread, maybe there are some german speaking users who are interested.

As far as I'm concerned, if you make a German translation, I'll include it in the skin, so everyone can choose.

If you, or anyone else for that matter would like to make a translation, just let me know. I'm always available for any questions or corrections.

And if you'd like to maintain the translations once you've made them, I'll gladly send you strings to translate before an update happens, so everything can be up to date at the same time.

Okay I would really be glad to make a translation, also as a maintainer for future versions. Smile
A problem might sometimes be to find the time to do so. So it could take a few days up to a week to update the strings to a new version. If you're okay with that, I'm looking forward to give my share back into this project which I do appreciate so much.
(2017-03-23, 20:51)jayg84 Wrote: [ -> ]I found the solution for me for the background. Just delete the line completely. No gradient at all. If you are using a dark menu bar as I am it works perfectly. Not sure if this is something you can add to settings or not for everyone else. Thank you Alanon for your work and dedication to answering all our questions Smile

Just a small update, in case you haven't noticed, there's a setting for the home gradient. Wink

(2017-03-24, 11:04)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]*sigh*

Since there is no stable Krypton build for my device i have to use Jarvis 16.1 for now and cannot use this skin.

Wow, sorry to hear that, buddy. Undecided
I've heard about users' complaints concerning Krypton stability, it's a darn shame. Keep a look-out for Leia, I'm hoping that i'll have an update as soon as she hits beta. Perhaps you'll fare better.

(2017-03-25, 13:46)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I would really be glad to make a translation, also as a maintainer for future versions. Smile
A problem might sometimes be to find the time to do so. So it could take a few days up to a week to update the strings to a new version. If you're okay with that, I'm looking forward to give my share back into this project which I do appreciate so much.

I understand this first translation effort will take a long time to complete. However, I usually make really tiny changes between updates, a couple of settings at most. That amounts to about 5-6 sentences/words. And it's mostly stuff you can translate in 2 minutes. It's really only a matter of when you see my PM. I wouldn't worry so much. Tongue
Just a heads-up for everyone, update 2.3.4 brings a reshuffle of the Skin Settings. There are now more sections with less settings inside. I wanted everything to be more transparent for a new-ish user. Please let me know if the distribution is more logical or not.

Also, please test your Hub widgets. They should be a lot faster. They might load a tad longer the very first time, but every time after that, they should load instantly, no matter how many items in question.

Enjoy. Big Grin
Made a nifty home bar tile, but I noticed a very faint line at top left of the tile only when it's highlighted.

http://imgur.com/LcWuwWe
Small suggestion. Would it be an idea to show the currently installed skin version number somewhere on the skin settings main screen? Would make it easier to know which version is loaded when updates become available rather than having to go and look it up.
Hello Good morning, My nick is Reforo and I just registered. I love this skin and wanted to leave this translation to Spanish.

Traduccion Español
(2017-03-26, 00:35)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]I understand this first translation effort will take a long time to complete. However, I usually make really tiny changes between updates, a couple of settings at most. That amounts to about 5-6 sentences/words. And it's mostly stuff you can translate in 2 minutes. It's really only a matter of when you see my PM. I wouldn't worry so much. Tongue
Mhm Sounds good. I guess we have a deal. Big Grin

(2017-03-26, 02:50)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads-up for everyone, update 2.3.4 brings a reshuffle of the Skin Settings. There are now more sections with less settings inside. I wanted everything to be more transparent for a new-ish user. Please let me know if the distribution is more logical or not.

Also, please test your Hub widgets. They should be a lot faster. They might load a tad longer the very first time, but every time after that, they should load instantly, no matter how many items in question.

Enjoy. Big Grin
I have only had a quick look into the settings, but so far it seems the categories structure is less confusing and single settings are easier to find. However, I'll report if I encounter any inconsistencies.
Concerning the widget load time, that's got light years better than it was before. Especially for weaker hardware,. this improves the overall useability of the home screen. So thx for that !
Hello! I like to help with the Dutch translation.. Where is the language file that I have to translate? Please let me know!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
(2017-03-26, 11:43)reforo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Good morning, My nick is Reforo and I just registered. I love this skin and wanted to leave this translation to Spanish.

Traduccion Español

Hello, and thank you! Would you like me to include your translation into the skin?

In future, would you like me to send you new strings to translate?

(2017-03-26, 22:00)powermarcel10 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I like to help with the Dutch translation.. Where is the language file that I have to translate? Please let me know!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

In the skin, you'll find a folder called language. Inside you'll find the English and French folders. You need to take the English file and add-in your translations for each string. Each string will have three entries - a number, the English string, and a third row of empty quotation marks (""). You need to input your translation in between those marks. After that, send me the file if you'd like me to include it in the skin. Wink
(2017-03-26, 07:08)DaveJr Wrote: [ -> ]Made a nifty home bar tile, but I noticed a very faint line at top left of the tile only when it's highlighted.

I'd say it's due to the colourdiffuse being applied in a certain pattern, so there's bleed-through? Do you perhaps have a 16:10 resolution?

(2017-03-26, 11:24)cruachan Wrote: [ -> ]Small suggestion. Would it be an idea to show the currently installed skin version number somewhere on the skin settings main screen? Would make it easier to know which version is loaded when updates become available rather than having to go and look it up.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure if it can be done through Kodi. I'll look into it.

In any case, a notification should appear in the rss bar when an update is detected. For any update to be detected, it has to be of a higher version number then what you have installed, so there is very little room for missing an update.

(2017-03-26, 12:56)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]Mhm Sounds good. I guess we have a deal. Big Grin

I have only had a quick look into the settings, but so far it seems the categories structure is less confusing and single settings are easier to find. However, I'll report if I encounter any inconsistencies.
Concerning the widget load time, that's got light years better than it was before. Especially for weaker hardware,. this improves the overall useability of the home screen. So thx for that !

Glad you find it useful! Also looking forward to your translation. Wink
Got it sorted. Replaced it with the original, then replaced with mine again.
Hey Alanon,

I did some research on my own regarding the WEB-DL icon showing on hubs. Turns out that line 456 in Includes_Furniture has to be changed to

Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(furniture.showflags) + String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,web)</visible>

and it works fine. Not sure whether the "Container(9500)" makes the difference here (or for any other indicator icon in this section)...

Also the visibility conditions for sdtv and hdtv in this section seem broken (all combined with + makes no sense) .. maybe you have a look yourself?
Quote:Hello, and thank you! Would you like me to include your translation into the skin?
In future, would you like me to send you new strings to translate?

Hello Alanon, Of course that's done in everything I can help.
Send me the strings you need or new and I'll do the translation.
A greeting.
Sorry for my english
The new RightList view looks better, esp for music.

Do you think you could enlarge the info TextBox a bit more in the movie RightList, so that its upper limit is at the same height as the poster's ? Just as it looks like in the music RightList ?
(2017-03-27, 00:15)DaveJr Wrote: [ -> ]Got it sorted. Replaced it with the original, then replaced with mine again.

Huh, interesting. Then it must've been some kind of caching bug? Huh

(2017-03-27, 18:38)GuRu23 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Alanon,

I did some research on my own regarding the WEB-DL icon showing on hubs. Turns out that line 456 in Includes_Furniture has to be changed to

Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(furniture.showflags) + String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,web)</visible>

and it works fine. Not sure whether the "Container(9500)" makes the difference here (or for any other indicator icon in this section)...

Also the visibility conditions for sdtv and hdtv in this section seem broken (all combined with + makes no sense) .. maybe you have a look yourself?

That shouldn't have been the issue, the container does house the images... Huh But as long as it fixes it, then it probably is. Anyway, I've removed the container entries from all the flags code, and simplified the sdtv hdtv code in turn. Hopefully, it should all work now. Please let me know, and thank you for sticking with this!

(2017-03-27, 18:53)reforo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Alanon, Of course that's done in everything I can help.
Send me the strings you need or new and I'll do the translation.
A greeting.
Sorry for my english

Thank you! Your translations have been included. When I add-in a new setting, I will send you a PM with the new strings. Big Grin

(2017-03-27, 18:57)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]The new RightList view looks better, esp for music.

Do you think you could enlarge the info TextBox a bit more in the movie RightList, so that its upper limit is at the same height as the poster's ? Just as it looks like in the music RightList ?

Sure, it'll be in a new update, along with some fixes for the light theme. The only problem I have with a nice and tall info-box is that it looks kind of ugly when the plot is very, very short. I've tried to sort of correct this as much as I was able, but the best look is when the plot has three or more sentences.