Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-20, 17:47)hasenbolle Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Alanon,

thanks for your fast fix for the skip steps. I really appreciate it.

I think i found another small bug. The live tv channel window has no option to change to the two row design for every tv channel. Only one row for every tv channel.

Thanks in advance for investigating.

Fixed for the next update!

(2017-07-20, 18:44)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]No, dont waste any time on it. Its not important at all. Only use it for about 2 minutes to set up a feed.

There's now a working dialogue. Wink

Ugly, but working. Rofl
(2017-04-06, 13:44)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-02, 15:01)Paranoidjack Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be an issue with this skin and the Plex addon where black horizontal strips will stay visible during playback.

Is there any possibility of a fix sometime during the development of this skin?

There is no official fix since the way the skin OSD is set up would need to be overhauled completely in order to work with Plex. Moreover, I've never used Plex, so that would also hinder progress.

However, in the old (discontinued) thread, there was a user of Plex reporting the same thing. Together we were able to achieve a workaround. However, I don't have the files in question. Perhaps you could take a look there, and send a PM to the user in question? Perhaps the files areĀ 
(2017-07-21, 15:17)Paranoidjack Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone looking for the fix: https://github.com/ewan2395/plex-for-kod...940a46e310

Tell me, did you just add the whole file or did you change some settings? It might be possible to integrate it into the skin itself, which might make things easier for everyone.
I did nothing apart from editing script-plex-seek_dialog.xml with the changes in the commit.
(2017-07-21, 15:26)Paranoidjack Wrote: [ -> ]I did nothing apart from editing script-plex-seek_dialog.xml with the changes in the commit.

Aah, okay, that should mean that it will be a part of the official add-on support. Big Grin
(2017-07-21, 11:03)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-20, 17:47)hasenbolle Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Alanon,

thanks for your fast fix for the skip steps. I really appreciate it.

I think i found another small bug. The live tv channel window has no option to change to the two row design for every tv channel. Only one row for every tv channel.

Thanks in advance for investigating.

Fixed for the next update!
Thanks Big Grin Keep up the good work Big Grin
(2017-07-20, 22:58)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]First, try to copy this file to the skin folder, and let me know if there's any change with the Showcase?

As for the views, usually, add-ons are to blame. Some of them tend to reset the view for a certain content. Kiosk mode shouldn't change that. However, locking view-types by using the skin mehanism should help.

no, the file didn't help

This doens't seem like the addon. I have several addons where i can set the view type and it will work, but sometimes it will randomly change the view.....

What do you mean by locking it with the skin mechanism
Hey Alanon, Awesome job. Thanks for your continued development of this skin. Your really taking this to the next level, been my favorite for ever, lol.
Now, I have a question that may be a bit off topic. I have been looking for an answer for this and cant seem to find one. I want to make a custom shortcut to switch to a specific Skin. Do you know what the command would be? It would be the same as if I went to Settings/Interface/Skin and chose a skin to switch to. But I want to make a shortcut to this command as a home screen tab. Is it possible?? I would think so, but cant find the answer. Thanks bud.
(2017-07-22, 02:55)wonslung Wrote: [ -> ]no, the file didn't help

This doens't seem like the addon. I have several addons where i can set the view type and it will work, but sometimes it will randomly change the view.....

What do you mean by locking it with the skin mechanism

Well, the only other thing I can think of is that either for some reason your up keypress is not properly registered as up, which your los did not indicate. Another possibility is that you don't have the very first widget active, which confused the system in place. The way this works, there's a system of previous and next for every widget. So for widget number 3, the previous is 2 and the next is 4. If for whatever reason a widget is not available, it won't display. I presume that somehow it might break the sequence, and prevent you from going from widget no 1 back, since there is no widget no 1. Problem is, there is no evidence of that either in the logs you provided, which makes all this conjecture since any bug is hard to diagnose when you can't reproduce it.

As for the views, when you change the view-type, there is a lock mechanism, placed on a button in the corner of the window, called something like "Lock View (Movies)". Clicking that will lock the view-type you are in at that time, for all movie content in the skin and across the add-ons which use that content. The same goes for all other content (tvshows, seasons, episodes, pictures, videos...) You can configure separate view-types for all these view-types, as all of them are based on content types that Kodi offers.

I should have been more precise. What sometimes resets the view display are bad add-ons that don't declare their content type properly. Without knowledge of the content type, the skin applies some other view-type for the split seconds that the add-on declares nothing whatsoever since it needs the content type to use the view-type you've previously selected for it. And that's how it gets reset. For example, it expects videos when it enters, and wants to display a view-type which works there, but finds an empty value, and reverts to one of a few views that support an empty value for backup purposes. After everything is loaded, you can change it to what you had, since the content is recognised, but sooner or later, as these things go, it will get reset.

Bear in mind that this does not happen as a pattern, it's still random. It can happen when you least expect it, but sometimes the skin will find its way. Most of the skins who use content types to get the view-types sorted have this issue, it's merely a matter of when and how often it is going to happen, which can depend on a variety of other factors. The main issue is that the skin uses panels and overlays and reuses them repeatedly, so that when there are no rigid conditions for their displaying, you will get artefacts while loading things. The Aeon skins use almost no panels, and they were able to streamline the system completely, but Eminence is different. That's just the trade-off. Kodi itself recommends the content type be used to manage views, but the responsibility is on add-on makers as well.
(2017-07-22, 05:09)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Alanon, Awesome job. Thanks for your continued development of this skin. Your really taking this to the next level, been my favorite for ever, lol.
Now, I have a question that may be a bit off topic. I have been looking for an answer for this and cant seem to find one. I want to make a custom shortcut to switch to a specific Skin. Do you know what the command would be? It would be the same as if I went to Settings/Interface/Skin and chose a skin to switch to. But I want to make a shortcut to this command as a home screen tab. Is it possible?? I would think so, but cant find the answer. Thanks bud.

Thanks a bunch mate! Glad you're enjoying it like I do! Big Grin

I don't think that this is available natively, unless you find someone with a deep knowledge of Kodi code. Someone from the team might know exactly what happens when you click those skin buttons. However, even if you get the command to activate the skin selection, I'm pretty sure that it would still be a problem to bypass the skin selection process itself. I can imagine skinning logic being applicable up until that point, ie. using ActivateWindow(id), but I have no idea what commands might be used for actually selecting something like a skin from that generic dialogue.

On the other hand, someone with a knowledge of Python, I'm pretty sure, could make a script that did just that. It could use the Kodi Python mechanism to switch the skin, and bypass a selection screen by previously defining the function with something like a pre-defined list of skins that can be selected. Then, if the add-on conformed with Skin Shortcut standards, it could produce four buttons, for example, each for a skin you preselected in the settings. Then you could browse to a button to turn a skin active. All this is pure theory, as haven't the faintest on how this could be made.
(2017-07-22, 09:22)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-22, 05:09)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Alanon, Awesome job. Thanks for your continued development of this skin. Your really taking this to the next level, been my favorite for ever, lol.

Thanks a bunch mate! Glad you're enjoying it like I do! Big Grin

I don't think that this is available natively, unless you find someone with a deep knowledge of Kodi code. Someone from the team might know exactly what happens when you click those skin buttons. However, even if you get the command to activate the skin selection, I'm pretty sure that it would still be a problem to bypass the skin selection process itself. I can imagine skinning logic being applicable up until that point, ie. using ActivateWindow(id), but I have no idea what commands might be used for actually selecting something like a skin from that generic dialogue.

On the other hand, someone with a knowledge of Python, I'm pretty sure, could make a script that did just that. It could use the Kodi Python mechanism to switch the skin, and bypass a selection screen by previously defining the function with something like a pre-defined list of skins that can be selected. Then, if the add-on conformed with Skin Shortcut standards, it could produce four buttons, for example, each for a skin you preselected in the settings. Then you could browse to a button to turn a skin active. All this is pure theory, as haven't the faintest on how this could be made.

Thanks, looks like ill have to attempt to create an addon to do this: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318610
(2017-07-22, 17:31)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, looks like ill have to attempt to create an addon to do this: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318610

Yeah, I figured as much. Hopefully, it won't be a long process.
Alanon,

I have my movie collection on 6 external drives & can only have two plugged into my media box at a time. I have just noticed that the mini posters for movie sets are only showing for movies on drives that are connected, the others are just an empty space. The large posters for any film is showing up fine if the drive is disconnected, just not the mini ones. Is this something that can be fixed within the skin or do you have any other solutions?

Cheers
(2017-07-22, 18:25)taurus35 Wrote: [ -> ]Alanon,

I have my movie collection on 6 external drives & can only have two plugged into my media box at a time. I have just noticed that the mini posters for movie sets are only showing for movies on drives that are connected, the others are just an empty space. The large posters for any film is showing up fine if the drive is disconnected, just not the mini ones. Is this something that can be fixed within the skin or do you have any other solutions?

Cheers

Usually, things such as that are covered by the Kodi cache, so even when the media is gone, the cache covers you. The posters for movie sets are a feature of Skin Helper, and it performs an "on the spot" check and produces those images. I don't think that there's a cache for them, they're made from scratch every time, which is why you have a split second delay before they appear, and also why you don't get anything when your drive is unplugged.

I suppose it's made that way so that you can get the most accurate reading. Without a cache, when you add or remove another movie into or from the set, it would show up instantly. Sadly, this pretty much means that until SH changes some behaviours, there's nothing I can do. Confused
(2017-07-22, 18:36)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-22, 18:25)taurus35 Wrote: [ -> ]Alanon,

Cheers

Usually, things such as that are covered by the Kodi cache, so even when the media is gone, the cache covers you. The posters for movie sets are a feature of Skin Helper, and it performs an "on the spot" check and produces those images. I don't think that there's a cache for them, they're made from scratch every time, which is why you have a split second delay before they appear, and also why you don't get anything when your drive is unplugged.

I suppose it's made that way so that you can get the most accurate reading. Without a cache, when you add or remove another movie into or from the set, it would show up instantly. Sadly, this pretty much means that until SH changes some behaviours, there's nothing I can do. Confused

Alanon,

Thanks for the help, perhaps I'll post on the Skin Helper thread & see if anything can be done.