Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Alanon,
first of all - nice work! This Skin is amazing! Smile

Is it possible to set a view (e.g. Media Info 3) as default?
The Problem is that some addons switch to another view if the view that i set is not available. The skin often switch to "Plain List" or "Big Poster" and this is unfavourable for some addons without info or description.

Anyone a solution for that?

Thanks Nod
Where are the screen calibration settings on this mod, I can't find them at all. Confused
(2017-08-26, 14:21)chrisjcks Wrote: [ -> ]Where are the screen calibration settings on this mod, I can't find them at all. Confused

Settings - System - Display
and in the right side down to calibration - video calibration...
I don't have it, my setting s must be set to standard rather than expert.

Any way to change it to expert on the mod rather than revert to estuary then back again just to set this setting?
(2017-08-26, 18:15)chrisjcks Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have it, my setting s must be set to standard rather than expert.

Any way to change it to expert on the mod rather than revert to estuary then back again just to set this setting?

Click the settings level text displayed in the left corner. Wink
(2017-08-25, 23:58)prettiboifb Wrote: [ -> ]Hey @Alanon!

Quick question I noticed when i'm watching a movie and i pause it for the first time, the playback buttons on the lower part of the screen is below the screen. When i go into screen calibration it still does not fix this problem. I have also noticed that when I power down the Pi the processes displayed on screen at the top left also isn't fully visible. I have also changed the display setting to 1920x1080p which is the resolution of my TV but this still didn't help, any one else having this issue?

Looks to me like HDMI overshoot? You have a Samsung monitor/TV, so it could be the "AV mode" in the settings that's doing this? Basically, it applies an overscan that's unnecessary for PCs. It's either that, or a resolution problem.

(2017-08-26, 01:43)sc00b Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Alanon,
first of all - nice work! This Skin is amazing! Smile

Is it possible to set a view (e.g. Media Info 3) as default?
The Problem is that some addons switch to another view if the view that i set is not available. The skin often switch to "Plain List" or "Big Poster" and this is unfavourable for some addons without info or description.

Anyone a solution for that?

Thanks Nod

Basically, no. It's been covered a couple of times through various posts, but it's either define the view-types per the exact supported content type, or suffer the annoying artifacts while loading add-ons. Sadly, since not every add-on is willing to define the content for their menus as a different content type or they leave it undefined, there's just no way to account for the variances within the framework Kodi has provided for the view-type conditions. That's why it 'll revert to something plain, since in the Info views, the info portions would be empty and useless.
hii Alanon , here is a fixed string.po file for Hebrew translate https://mab.to/zdyyEDM6o , , i have sent you pm as well but didn't know if you saw this,
cheers.
(2017-08-27, 10:26)scofield272 Wrote: [ -> ]hii Alanon , here is a fixed string.po file for Hebrew translate https://mab.to/zdyyEDM6o , , i have sent you pm as well but didn't know if you saw this,
cheers.

Whoops! inbox was full. Blush

Will be added!
Loving the skin. Goes really well with my original xbox computer.

Sorry if this was asked before, but is it possible for the sub menu to be on the bottom rather than on the top? hitting the down button for a menu to appear above is a bit jarring, but I can get used to it if it's not possible to be moved.

Thanks!
Alanon - how can i remove the second tv show title on the 'tv show widget'?

example:

Movies Widget at the bottom: 2017 . 7.5 (4,145 votes) - this is how i want it to show.

tv Show widget at the bottom: (The Simpsons . 1989 . 8.2 (13,444 votes)

I want to remove the TV Show being shown again on this bottom part of the widget, only the tv show one shows it.

Ive asked support of addons in various forums & all state its a skin issue.

thanks.
(2017-08-29, 02:31)zaazu Wrote: [ -> ]Loving the skin. Goes really well with my original xbox computer.

Sorry if this was asked before, but is it possible for the sub menu to be on the bottom rather than on the top? hitting the down button for a menu to appear above is a bit jarring, but I can get used to it if it's not possible to be moved.

Thanks!

Hello, and welcome! Big Grin

I know what you mean, but that's just one of the design quirks of the skin, that top menu. Basically, the lower menus can be done in theory, but I hesitate to do so, as it will screw up working with the mouse. Every implementation I've seen so far moves like crazy whenever the cursor is close to the bottom, popping up the menus instead of focusing on the main menu, and whatnot. It's present even in he current layout, but at least it's manageable. Confused

(2017-08-30, 15:36)chrisjcks Wrote: [ -> ]Alanon - how can i remove the second tv show title on the 'tv show widget'?

example:

Movies Widget at the bottom: 2017 . 7.5 (4,145 votes) - this is how i want it to show.

I want to remove the TV Show being shown again on this bottom part of the widget, only the tv show one shows it.

thanks.

Hm, it shouldn' t be an issue, should it? For the episodes, the widget is supposed to display the episode name as the title, and the series title in the bottom?

Anyways, in order to change it, you'd need to edit Includes_Labels, the line starting at 665, "Label_HomeWidget_Info". There, you'll find conditional variables for the bottom info line in the widget. Simply delete what you'd like not to see, in your case, every instance of "$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.TvShowTitle,, • ]", and you should be good to go. In case you need some variance, simply pay some attention to the conditions of the various lines, to see if there's a particular setting you're partial to.

Regards!
(2017-08-30, 16:20)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-29, 02:31)zaazu Wrote: [ -> ]Loving the skin. Goes really well with my original xbox computer.

Thanks!

Hello, and welcome! Big Grin

I know what you mean, but that's just one of the design quirks of the skin, that top menu. Basically, the lower menus can be done in theory, but I hesitate to do so, as it will screw up working with the mouse. Every implementation I've seen so far moves like crazy whenever the cursor is close to the bottom, popping up the menus instead of focusing on the main menu, and whatnot. It's present even in he current layout, but at least it's manageable. Confused

(2017-08-30, 15:36)chrisjcks Wrote: [ -> ]Alanon - how can i remove the second tv show title on the 'tv show widget'?

example:

thanks.

Hm, it shouldn' t be an issue, should it? For the episodes, the widget is supposed to display the episode name as the title, and the series title in the bottom?

Anyways, in order to change it, you'd need to edit Includes_Labels, the line starting at 665, "Label_HomeWidget_Info". There, you'll find conditional variables for the bottom info line in the widget. Simply delete what you'd like not to see, in your case, every instance of "$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.TvShowTitle,, • ]", and you should be good to go. In case you need some variance, simply pay some attention to the conditions of the various lines, to see if there's a particular setting you're partial to.

Regards!
haha no its not really a problem, just a preference. Big Grin

i just would like both the widgets matching, it is indeed the second series title at the bottom of the tv shows widget that id like to remove.

thanks for the reply, ill give it a whirl.

edit: LOL, all done. it was only about 6 lines to remove, thanks once again. (literally took me less than 5 mins & i dont even know what im doing - your precise 'instance of' helped a bunch)

-----

<Feature Request> - is it possible to add another setting in the settings menu to keep the submenu always on the screen? (definetely not an option that is on by default lol) - This would be ideal for touch screen devices like phones & tablets, as they cant press down.
Hello Alanon Sorry but I've been on vacation.

PHP Code:
msgctxt "#31279"
msgid "Set main panel colour"
msgstr "Configurar el color del panel principal"

msgctxt "#31280"
msgid "Reset panel colour to default"
msgstr "Restablecer el color del panel al valor predeterminado"

msgctxt "#31281"
msgid "Sets the colour of the light back panels used across the skin view-types. [B]Not available with the Dark interface.[/B]"
msgstr "Establece el color de los paneles traseros de luz utilizados en los tipos de vista de la piel. [B] No disponible con la interfaz Dark.[/B]"

msgctxt "#31282"
msgid "Resets the panel colours back to the skin default (near transparent)."
msgstr "Restablece los colores del panel de nuevo a la piel por defecto (cerca transparente)." 
(2017-08-30, 16:42)chrisjcks Wrote: [ -> ]<Feature Request> - is it possible to add another setting in the settings menu to keep the submenu always on the screen? (definetely not an option that is on by default lol) - This would be ideal for touch screen devices like phones & tablets, as they cant press down.

I've never actually seen Kodi on a touch system before, how does one get to the submenu currently? I've always assumed that things do work as they should since almost no one ever complained?

Oh, and I did make an invisible button (mouse-oriented) at the top of the main menu, which allows for the submenu to descend after a shorter time with the cursor in that area, might that work on a touch basis as well? If it does, it might be a more elegant solution. In any case, if that doesn't do the job, I can make some kind of option. I'll have to check what it looks like and probably switch over some animations and stuff.

Oh, and as far as your modifications go, be sure to make a list of them for easier reference later on, as all in-file edits are automatically overridden on future updates. Wink

(2017-08-30, 19:27)reforo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Alanon Sorry but I've been on vacation.

No problem! Wink Will be included in the next update!
The more I customise this skin, the more I love it. I didn't realise you could give each hub item its own widget. Not sure if this is standard in other skins but its a real nice touch.