Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-08-25, 21:46)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and welcome! Big Grin

It all depends on the available space and on navigating the skins widget code. Right now, I can't see a way of adding them in without making a mess of the interface, there's just too little room. Perhaps when I finally get the vertical menu up and running, that might free up enough space to add a second row. Perhaps.

As a consolation prize, the Showcase option allows you to have a page of up to eight widgets placed in a separate sort of menu. It's not ideal bu it works.

How do i activate the showcase mode?
Alanon

My live tv menu has popped up & it used to be hidden.

How can I hide it again?

I don't want to delete the menu. Just hide it like it used to be from default.

it has no sub menus & is still linked to ActiviateWindow(TV Guide)

I have no reason why it's no longer hidden.
(2017-09-01, 20:12)chrisjcks Wrote: [ -> ]Alanon

My live tv menu has popped up & it used to be hidden.

How can I hide it again?

I don't want to delete the menu. Just hide it like it used to be from default.

it has no sub menus & is still linked to ActiviateWindow(TV Guide)

I have no reason why it's no longer hidden.

Nevermind, was my own fault lol - made changes in pvr clients that forced this.

I fixed it.
(2017-08-09, 08:02)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-09, 02:30)Usafle Wrote: [ -> ]Found the fix (for anyone else looking for it) here!
However, I don't have a damn clue what to do with that.... but I'm posting it here for anyone else that may have the issue and come looking.

I believe he simply downloaded that file and placed it in the add-on's resource folder location (Kodi/addons/whatever name plex has/resources/skins/Main/1080i/script-plex-seek_dialog.xml). That's why I thought it was already integrated, the fix it's among the very files the add-on uses.

I signed up just to say thanks for the Plex Eminence 2 fix.
Delete line 23 and replace it with line 24 from the linked fix. I now have the ultimate media centre. Ubuntu, Kodi, Plex, tvheadend.
Thanks!
First of all, thanks for the awesome skin! Since beginning to change my LiveTV viewing over to KODI (from WMC), I've been through so many different skins looking for the right one. The original Eminence seemed pretty good to me, and I was searching for a few answers for that when I found this thread - how lucky. This is so much better. So thanks again.

Now a couple quick questions... I tried to browse the thread, so forgive me if I overlooked an obvious answer.

I use KODI for LiveTV (and recording). Unfortunately the "Recordings" menu (via shortcut "K") has an incredibly basic and seemingly non-configurable view layout. My only options are to sort by (Name, Date, Duration, File) - but I don't see any additional view settings (such as list, big list, etc). Am I missing something, or is this expected behavior?

Second thing, is when updating guide data I see the notification bar at the bottom of the screen (during live tv playback). While I appreciate a quick pop-up down there to let me know it's started - and maybe another when it's finished - seeing the static notification bar while it's in process is less than desirable for me (it takes about 30 minutes). Is there any way to hide this, move it, or make it only visible on the home screen? I feel like I'm overlooking an obvious setting somewhere.

Thanks!
Where does the skin grab Widgit>Clear art from?

Ive found most times they don't load, but even when they do - they don't load quickly at all.

Just seeing if I can improve it somehow on my build, I'd like to use this option if it just loaded quickly & everytime.
(2017-09-02, 00:40)xsara Wrote: [ -> ]I signed up just to say thanks for the Plex Eminence 2 fix.
Delete line 23 and replace it with line 24 from the linked fix. I now have the ultimate media centre. Ubuntu, Kodi, Plex, tvheadend.
Thanks!

Glad you've found the solution!

(2017-09-02, 21:52)chrisjcks Wrote: [ -> ]Where does the skin grab Widgit>Clear art from?

Ive found most times they don't load, but even when they do - they don't load quickly at all.

Just seeing if I can improve it somehow on my build, I'd like to use this option if it just loaded quickly & everytime.

If you mean the artwork within the widget panel, it's retrieved by Skin Helper, currently the only way of achieving something like that. It's supposed to cache the artwork for quicker retrieval once it's loaded it up, but it still has to perform a search for each individual item, wherever it's not a library item. That's the case for every entry in the widgets. Depending on the system/ cpu/ the weather, it'll be quicker for it... or not. Confused

(2017-09-01, 18:21)HumphreyVanWeyden Wrote: [ -> ]How do i activate the showcase mode?

Populate the widget items in the Skin Settings/ Customise showcase widgets. Once you do, either press down on a main menu entry which does not have its own submenu, if you have the setting enabled, or you can use it as a separate main menu entry, if you so wish. In that case, set it up in the main menu customisation window like any other menu.
(2017-09-02, 06:04)HorseIicious Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, thanks for the awesome skin! Since beginning to change my LiveTV viewing over to KODI (from WMC), I've been through so many different skins looking for the right one. The original Eminence seemed pretty good to me, and I was searching for a few answers for that when I found this thread - how lucky. This is so much better. So thanks again.

Now a couple quick questions... I tried to browse the thread, so forgive me if I overlooked an obvious answer.

I use KODI for LiveTV (and recording). Unfortunately the "Recordings" menu (via shortcut "K") has an incredibly basic and seemingly non-configurable view layout. My only options are to sort by (Name, Date, Duration, File) - but I don't see any additional view settings (such as list, big list, etc). Am I missing something, or is this expected behavior?

Second thing, is when updating guide data I see the notification bar at the bottom of the screen (during live tv playback). While I appreciate a quick pop-up down there to let me know it's started - and maybe another when it's finished - seeing the static notification bar while it's in process is less than desirable for me (it takes about 30 minutes). Is there any way to hide this, move it, or make it only visible on the home screen? I feel like I'm overlooking an obvious setting somewhere.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome! First, l me say that you're right, and the questions haven't been asked before. Now, as far as PVR in general goes, the system is not yet quite fleshed out as it should be, basically because Kodi and its code want separate entries and views crafted for PVR. So, it's either the case of modding all the views to support some separate PVR layout, or building a totally different ecosystem for it. The case with Eminence when I began modding it was just that - separate views for PVR. All I did was try not to make things worse with my tinkering, as I only have the crappy PVR Demo Client to try anything out. So that's why the skin proper has so much more visual candy than the PVR.

The end result is that most of the screens for PVR are serviceable, but nothing more than that. The Recordings screen you mention is bare-bones, but it is within the tradition of what most, if not all Kodi skins use for that window. I believe it's meant to be used as a sort of file manager, which is why no skins seem to offer more layouts for it. As far as the sorting options go, that's all Kodi - the skin provides the placeholder for the buttons, but Kodi provides the feature. Pretty much the same goes for the notification. The skin only provides for the general look of the notification, things like position, text layout, colour, etc. and Kodi handles everything else. What I suppose I could do is create a separate layout which is better positioned for the PVR, but I'm afraid that the notification will remain.
Is play video minimized in PVR broken, like the original Eminence 2.0?
I'm talking about the right upper corner where channel plays there first (minimized). Can't get it work. Anyone?
Kodi 17.3

Same function works fine on Unity skin. So why not here anymore?
Hi,

It looks like there is a bug in the skin with the scipt: script.module.metadatautils

The folder "userdata\addon_data\script.module.metadatautils\animatedgifs " is filled with no cleanup option / setting.

I need to do a manual cleaning using the file manager because otherwise the folder grows nonstop.

Thank you.
re-post error
(2017-08-27, 17:47)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-27, 10:26)scofield272 Wrote: [ -> ]hii Alanon , here is a fixed string.po file for Hebrew translate https://mab.to/zdyyEDM6o , , i have sent you pm as well but didn't know if you saw this,
cheers.

Whoops! inbox was full. Blush

Will be added!

new file with small fixes, https://mab.to/w942zuGmU
cheers.
(2017-09-04, 21:13)soufianb Wrote: [ -> ]Is play video minimized in PVR broken, like the original Eminence 2.0?
I'm talking about the right upper corner where channel plays there first (minimized). Can't get it work. Anyone?
Kodi 17.3

Same function works fine on Unity skin. So why not here anymore?

The function should work, as long as the background video is disabled. With the background video enabled, the minimised view is overridden in favour of the fullscreen video background.

(2017-09-06, 12:00)Josef_Levi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

It looks like there is a bug in the skin with the scipt: script.module.metadatautils

The folder "userdata\addon_data\script.module.metadatautils\animatedgifs " is filled with no cleanup option / setting.

I need to do a manual cleaning using the file manager because otherwise the folder grows nonstop.

Thank you.

Nothing to do with the skin. The metadatautils add-on is a dependency of Skin Helper. What the skin controls, is only the display of the artwork, not the process of retrieval since it doesn't have access to the add-ons. There is a setting somewhere in the add-on suite which disables the automatic retrieval of animated artwork. I forgot where the setting is located, but it was mentioned in the thread previously.

(2017-09-06, 12:11)scofield272 Wrote: [ -> ]new file with small fixes, https://mab.to/w942zuGmU
cheers.

Included! Big Grin
How can i change the SubMenu Tile lenght? The "Name/Titles" for the SubMenus are smalle then the tile, however the tile has a fixed size and so i have to scroll if there are more thant 6 items in a Submenu.
Hey Alanon,

short question. I would like to decrease the navigation panel in the music osd. It's a little bit too big (can't see enough of the background...for my taste). Can you tell me, where i can find the script to change the settings of the panel. Are they in the Includes_Window.xml ?

Thanx
Meschugge