Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-25, 22:01)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]1.0.1 repo works great.

The dates seem to be missing from youtube views, for example from these:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MotorTrend/videos

Should be displayed in the bottom left corner of the new update.

(2017-02-27, 00:10)kowalmisiek Wrote: [ -> ]The skin is ok. I want to ask about this option. I'm sure many a person would fit.

Even to this menu was always visible when switching channels for those five seconds

Under the button "i" info program.

It would be great as you did so Smile
Thank AlAnon

I'm not sure Kodi will allow for multiple next items to be displayed. But I believe the very next airing will display. I might find a way to display it directly in the info, but I need screenshots of what the info looks when tv is playing normally, to see if there's room.

(2017-02-27, 10:33)kenmex Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Alanon,thank you for this great skin.

Any plans of releasing a first release for Kodi 18 Leia? Not asking for something special,just a release to be compatible with 18 so it does not disable it and mark it as incompatible on startup.
I tested it yesterday and it works OK, but it says it is incompatible and gets disabled on every boot.
Will undestand if it is not in your plans.

Thanks a lot.

Well, sure, Leia is on my mind. If I have the ability to add what needs to be added when the version starts bringing in all that complex stuff, I'll try to make it happen. I actually tried to install it, and for me it was quite buggy. My initial plan was to follow all the additions and adapt a separate version, but I realised I'd just be doubling the work for a version that's just not there yet. So my new plan is to wait until Leia is in late alpha/close to beta 1, and then start active development.

The good news for you is that precisely because Leia is still young, the skin should work as is, if you make a small alteration. Navigate to the skin folder, and edit the addon.xml file. Specifically, change the version in the line that looks a bit like this: addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.12.0". Bump the version to 5.13.0. That little tweak should enable the skin to run on Leia. You'll have to go to your add-ons and re-enable the skin, after which you should be able to select it. It should last and work just fine until Leia brings some new feature or change.

(2017-02-27, 13:58)mjunk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there...first I'd like to thank for this awesome skin. I was looking for something clean and simple so that my my wife and some other non-tech friends can use without being overwhelmed and I think this skin delivers.

Just a couple of quick questions and sorry if this has been asked already but a search turned up nothing.

First, how can I set a default view type? I set it to media info 2 but when I change display type (e.g. from popular to trending or genre) it always goes back to the default "List" view type. I know I've seen this with other skins so is this a Kodi issue in general?

Second, when I try to bring up an EPG it does not appear. I'm using the Schism all in one build and I thought I had everything I need.

Thanks for any help.

Hello, and welcome to Eminence! Big Grin

You can lock the view type from the view selector. The locking is not universal, but is based on content type (videos, tvshows, seasons, episodes, genres, etc). This means that you can set different view types for different content. The downside is that if you want something universal, you have to do it multiple times. For example, if you go to tvshows, click on the view selector in the sub-menu, you should see a button in the corner labeled "Lock View (tvshows)". Click that button, and you'll get a separate window where you get to choose the view type that will be locked to the named content type. If the process was successful, the next time you go to the sub-menu you'll see a padlock next to the name of the view type.

As far as your other query goes, the short answer is that builds are always a lottery when skins are concerned. You never know what changes the build requires in order to make everything work. That being said, I think most builds don't really use native PVR/EPG setups, but an ecosystem of add-ons. If this is true in your case, to get to the EPG, you need to find which add-on the build uses, and create a shortcut to it. The skin doesn't really care or know what's being used, just as long as the path to it is correct.

Hope this helps!
These are the TV screen information

Hey Alanon .. thx for the onback option! Works like a charm for me.

One additional comment regarding your repo: maybe add all required plugins as well, so people don't have to add another repo or add the plugins manually?
Alanon

AlAnon what do you say?

When you press enter

Info

Enter + Arrow up

Full info

Sorry for my image. It is made in the paint Smile
(2017-02-27, 14:40)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ][
You can lock the view type from the view selector. The locking is not universal, but is based on content type (videos, tvshows, seasons, episodes, genres, etc). This means that you can set different view types for different content. The downside is that if you want something universal, you have to do it multiple times. For example, if you go to tvshows, click on the view selector in the sub-menu, you should see a button in the corner labeled "Lock View (tvshows)". Click that button, and you'll get a separate window where you get to choose the view type that will be locked to the named content type. If the process was successful, the next time you go to the sub-menu you'll see a padlock next to the name of the view type.
Thanks for the quick reply...your help is much appreciated. However, I don't have button labeled "Lock View" in the view sub-menu. When you say sub menu do you mean the view options drop-down at the top where you choose the views? Or is there a sub-menu on the home page?
(2017-02-28, 04:15)mjunk Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply...your help is much appreciated. However, I don't have button labeled "Lock View" in the view sub-menu. When you say sub menu do you mean the view options drop-down at the top where you choose the views? Or is there a sub-menu on the home page?

The submenu I'm referring to is the horizontal menu that slides from the top, and contains the view selector, sort by, hide watched and other buttons.

The lock view button is located within the view selector pop-up window, that you can reach from a button in the mentioned submenu. Next to the lock button is the enable/disable views button.

Just to be sure everything is displayed correctly in your setup, check out the gallery in the first post, there are several images displaying the look of the view selector and the locking process.
Beautiful skin. Thanks so much.

Love what your doing with the skin, wouldn't mind being able to view the genre Icons on the Thumbnails view.

Does no one use extrathumbs (screenshots) anymore ? Id love to be able to use them with this skin. All my movies have 10 screenshots in their extrathumbs folder, i just don't have the know how to edit one of your views to include them.
(2017-02-28, 15:45)kingkearney Wrote: [ -> ]Love what your doing with the skin, wouldn't mind being able to view the genre Icons on the Thumbnails view.

Does no one use extrathumbs (screenshots) anymore ? Id love to be able to use them with this skin. All my movies have 10 screenshots in their extrathumbs folder, i just don't have the know how to edit one of your views to include them.

The genre icons are a problem spot for Kodi. Currently, the only way to display them is one icon per one focused item (like in the list view). Thumbs try to do it all at once, and sadly, there's no other way to achieve such a view other that in that way. Now, some skins go around the problem by extracting genre icons into the skin itself, and manually adding them into variables. But that limits you to just that one iconset, bloats the skin size, etc... The same goes for studios. So until there's a better internal method handling this, we're stuck. Sad

You're right about the extrathumbs. I can't remember the last time I saw them included in a skin (Well, except for madnox, which is in many ways the exception since it's based on Shednox). Seems a shame to waste the artwork just sitting there.

I'm not sure if it's doable, but I think I could randomize the extrathumb displayed in the views that support it (logo/clearart lists, media info 1-3, list info 1-3, etc.)? There's not really room for adding multiple thumbs at the same time. Ideally, I'd implement a randomized rotation of the available extrathumbs, but that would probably increase the load in the views, since they'd rotate the backgrounds, presumably animate the poster, and then rotate the extrathumbs, all at the same time.

Any thoughts?
(2017-02-26, 15:53)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]1 & 2. Concerning LiveTV stuff, to be honest, I'm not sure on just how fast it will progress. I don't watch tv, so I can only use the PVR Demo Client, which is very limited in regards to almost all features, so any alterations that I might make would be completely blind. And since I have no way to test whether or not I've broken anything, the whole process will involve a lot of back and forth between what I change and what pvr users report back. I'll have a look-see and at least try to fiddle with the artwork on theoretical grounds, and based on what other skins have implemented.

3. For me it works just fine? Select Widget/Add-on/Video Add-ons is the path I use.

Thanks for your response!

For point 1 & 2, I understand.. But if there is anything possible, it will be great.

About point 3, you're right! I looked at the wrong place..

One new thing.. PVR fanart is not working, while it is working with normal Eminence. I use the same settings, but in the channel overview, now fanart is visible. And when I try to do a refresh, i keeps loading, and nothing will happen. I'm also getting an error. Something with skin helper service:

20:22:24.875 T:10400 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting description
20:22:26.240 T:9304 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 362, in set_listitem_details
listitem = self.get_pvr_artwork(listitem, prefix)
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 579, in get_pvr_artwork
listitem["genre"]), ["title", "genre", "genres", "thumb"])
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\metadatautils.py", line 164, in get_pvr_artwork
title, channel, genre, manual_select=manual_select, ignore_cache=ignore_cache)
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\pvrartwork.py", line 74, in get_pvr_artwork
searchtitle = self.get_searchtitle(title, channel)
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\pvrartwork.py", line 334, in get_searchtitle
title = title.split(splitchar)[0]
ValueError: empty separator
20:22:26.240 T:9304 ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.listitem_monitor ! --> empty separator
20:22:29.176 T:7452 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 362, in set_listitem_details
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 579, in get_pvr_artwork
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\metadatautils.py", line 164, in get_pvr_artwork
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\pvrartwork.py", line 74, in get_pvr_artwork
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\pvrartwork.py", line 334, in get_searchtitle
20:22:29.176 T:7452 ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.listitem_monitor ! --> empty separator
20:22:29.658 T:6236 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
20:22:29.658 T:6236 ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.listitem_monitor ! --> empty separator
20:22:43.166 T:11024 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: empty separator
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\context_pvr.py", line 27, in <module>
metadatautils.pvr_artwork_options(title, channel, genre)
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\metadatautils.py", line 168, in pvr_artwork_options
return self.pvrart.pvr_artwork_options(title, channel, genre)
File "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\pvrartwork.py", line 238, in pvr_artwork_options
self.get_pvr_artwork(title=title, channel=channel, genre=genre, ignore_cache=True, manual_select=False)
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:22:43.216 T:11024 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(93, C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\context_pvr.py): the python script "C:\Users\Marcel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\context_pvr.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon,class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window,class XBMCAddon::xbmc::Monitor,class XBMCAddon::xbmc::Monitor,class XBMCAddon::xbmc::Monitor,class XBMCAddon::xbmc::Monitor,class XBMCAddon::xbmc::Monitor[/code]

Any idea?
@powermarcel10: Are you running the latest version from the repo (2.2.5)? There were a couple of PVR fixes in the update, some of which should have affected the fanart.
@Alanon: is there a way to completely disable the quicknav menu?

@Alanon and @jurialmunkey: Could you please take a look at the attached screenshots - I highlighted some minor artifacts appearing on screens with very high resolution. Maybe it can be fixed in a future release? (And yes - they are older and from the previous mod, but the problem remains in the current mod and version.)

Yeah, I just noticed the other day that the QuickNav background still appears even when the list is empty. Whenever there are no items, there should be no dropdown. I've just added conditions for the animations and the background that are item-sensitive, so that nothing will drop down, as long as there aren't any shortcuts. Will be included in the next update. If you want to test it immediately, you can download the zip from the third link in the OP.

As far as the artefacts are concerned, I believe that they might be a consequence of an unsupported aspect ratio, not of a high resolution? At the moment, the only supported AR is 16:9. If you can adjust the image processing on your monitor/tv to stretch to 16:9, or set Kodi itself to any 16:9 resolution, I believe the artefacts will go away?

I could be wrong, of course, but if I am correct, the only solution to this would be to completely adjust every positioning of every item in the skin.
(2017-02-28, 22:35)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]@powermarcel10: Are you running the latest version from the repo (2.2.5)? There were a couple of PVR fixes in the update, some of which should have affected the fanart.
Yes Im running 2.2.5..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
(2017-03-01, 00:23)powermarcel10 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Im running 2.2.5..

I think I've got it now. It'll be included in the next repo update, or you can get it from the latest zip from GitHub (third link in the OP).