Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i have two question:

A) I have another issue, when i add a library, and start kodi again, i view this widget appear aprox 8 sec and dissapear, if i remove library, dont appear, how can i enable library and disable this start widget? or hidden?

B) In your image of pvr, i think u press two times up to display that info

Do you know how i can display that info, switching channels?? (without pressing two times up in the channel)

Thanks
Hello, every time I click on ExtendenInfo in the video info, Kodi crashes. Is there a fix to solve this issue? Smile
(2018-12-03, 02:08)m3ndi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i have two question:

A) I have another issue, when i add a library, and start kodi again, i view this widget appear aprox 8 sec and dissapear, if i remove library, dont appear, how can i enable library and disable this start widget? or hidden?

Set the widget to None and Never show In customize home menu for that tab.
Problem A:
I tried that you say, and the only way for disable that i found, was unchecking this box, but, now see the posters xD

U know if it possible view swiching channels the program info how i say in the last post?

Problem B:
And another thing, on android, when i exit kodi, that force crash kodi, because i think exit shortcut is XMBC.Quit() and it takes too much time to close.

Problem C:
I try close by shell with "pkill org.xbmc.kodi" and thats works well.

How can i add a shorctut to exec that command? (pkill org.xbmc.kodi), i tried System.Exec(pkill org.xbmc.kodi) but doesnt work

Thanks
(2018-12-03, 16:54)m3ndi Wrote: [ -> ]Problem A:
I tried that you say, and the only way for disable that i found, was unchecking this box, but, now see the posters xD
In Skin Settings/Customize Home menu.

ok, when i go home i try it, but i remember tried it that i put none on that checkbox, and on movies and series no posters
Confirmed, only disabling my checkbox, works without content loading at start kodi but with the problem of posters, do you know any method to move the posters up?

If i try your method, with my checkbox enabled, widget content loading on start appear, but no posters in any shortcut.

Thanks
(2018-12-03, 22:13)m3ndi Wrote: [ -> ]Confirmed, only disabling my checkbox, works without content loading at start kodi but with the problem of posters, do you know any method to move the posters up?

If i try your method, with my checkbox enabled, widget content loading on start appear, but no posters in any shortcut.

Thanks
 That looks like a symptom of you maybe trying to copy over old Eminence Userdata files and Skin Shortcuts  Settings to a newer version. Did you try to maybe save the settings from Krypton and try to restore them to Leia? That can cause that issue.
Hi, i tried now set default the skin, and start again to configure it, the result? same problem, i think thats not a problem of the shortcuts, it's a problem of the skin, if i configure with your method, all the shortcuts doesnt have posters and widgets.

The only way to disable the "content loading" when start kodi with eminence mod skin, it's uncheck the box "show widget infos" in skin settings -> widgets -> show widget infos ( that action disable "show widget title and infos on home menu")

But if i uncheck this box, the posters of the widgets, are behind the shortcuts with the examples of the my lasts posts.

I think we can configure the posters to move it up, but i dont know which files i need edit.
ok, I found the problem, the problem is... how disable fallback widget?

if i put None Widget, the skin thinks the fallback widget are actvie, and continue loading "spotlight content loading" at start kodi

The only way to "hide the fallback widget at start" for dont show this "content loading" ...

The steps:

Skin settings ---> Widgets -> Fallback Widget --> select another empty widget ( example: Recent Music videos ) 

But thats not the solution 100% because he charges another widget
Im not having that problem at all. If I choose None as the widget, i dont see a widget. Maybe try unchecking the "Allow widget reloading" option in Skin Settings.
@ido_ That's a very strange problem. I know that Leia changed some subtitle related settings, perhaps there's something that needs to be changed in the way that playlists are defined? I'm not sure.

@beatmasterrs The ExtendedInfo used to cause crashes, that's why it was removed a long time ago. Instead, I placed an "actors" function of skinshortcuts, that displays a carousel of actors and actresses playing in the current episode or film. 

@m3ndi First, the PVR - there's no need to press "i" twice, unless you're always switching between views. The information menu will display on one press directly from fullscreen playback, and you only need to click the button option once to remember it. I can't make hotkey commands without additional plugins, so some kind of button has to be used. This is the only place where you can change the settings while you're still playing your media.

Now, about the widgets. I specifically remember changing the mechanic of widget fallbacks for Leia, a setting which doesn't seem to register for you at all. The widget height issue is also a problem, because it seems that the skin didn't register what kind of menu you are using. The widget descends that low only for the vertical menu. 

It looks as if some settings were corrupted because of your recent upgrade between versions of Kodi, or the skin failed to remove them when you reset. The safest option at this point would be to manually delete the skins' folder from the "userdata" directory using a file manager. Then the skin should properly load default values and settings from the beginning. Aside from that, a debug log might give some clue as to what's going on.
Thanks alanon with your answer.

A:
In the pvr, if you change channel, the info appear only on top, but i want the extended info, that info only appear when you are in a channel, and press two time up with arrow keys of your remote, in zephyr for example, appear directly during 5 seconds when u change channel.

B:
I try clean install, and same error, the problem is with fallback widget, that if you select none, you see none, but really he continues charging the spootlight of your library when u start kodi.

The only way to continues on none and really none, is editing the file  settings.xml

and changing this lines to none,  :

<setting id="background.fallback" type="string">none</setting>
<setting id="home.fallbackwidget.type" type="string">none</setting>
<setting id="home.fallbackwidget.target" type="string">none</setting>
<setting id="home.fallbackwidget" type="string">special://skin/none/</setting>
Thank you for reviving a thread for this great skin... I have been using it for two years now but Kodi got so heavy I had to clear all data and start my customisation from scratch. I have tried many other skins but stil Eminence is the best !!
So I am coming back here for some questions as now I don't remember how I did it :-)
I make my own menu based on folders on my NAS. Each folder is a video source., I link the menu to the video source and it works fine except I want the widget to display what is in the source and it stay dark... no images... One menu is my new movie and I set the widget to display the playlist new movie and it works fine but when I set it to view source video it does not display anything, I get the Kodi background... could anyone tell me how to display the content of a video source ? step by step please, I am not very good at techs...

thank you in advance for your answers

PS :
OK so I found this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314224  case closed :-)
i think if you open any video add-on and click on the panel with 2 dots at the top you should get to "videos/files"