Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great skin, yet I have a problem with the primary highlight color. When ever I change something the primary color reverts to default. And the option to change the tiles color seems not to work for me
>>>>>
(2017-03-25, 13:46)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-25, 03:11)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-24, 14:42)Kr1ss Wrote: [ -> ]I'm planning to translate the skin strings to german. From the beginning of april, I should find some time to do so. If you agree @Alanon, I'm going to share this translation in the thread, maybe there are some german speaking users who are interested.

As far as I'm concerned, if you make a German translation, I'll include it in the skin, so everyone can choose.

If you, or anyone else for that matter would like to make a translation, just let me know. I'm always available for any questions or corrections.

And if you'd like to maintain the translations once you've made them, I'll gladly send you strings to translate before an update happens, so everything can be up to date at the same time. 

Okay I would really be glad to make a translation, also as a maintainer for future versions. Smile
A problem might sometimes be to find the time to do so. So it could take a few days up to a week to update the strings to a new version. If you're okay with that, I'm looking forward to give my share back into this project which I do appreciate so much. 
 Hello @all,

first of all I'd like to thank you very much.

Since i found the Eminence Skin for Kodi I can't imagine changing to another one.

It is very gratifying that you did a mod for Leia. Great work, thank you @Alanon!

Due to the incomplete translation to German I translated it on my own. Are there plans to release a version with German language?

greets
HdK
with the update 0102, 02-Jan-2019, I get the legend that eminence skin is no longer compatible, any ideas?

No
(2019-01-03, 13:37)arielf Wrote: [ -> ]with the update 0102, 02-Jan-2019, I get the legend that eminence skin is no longer compatible, any ideas?

No
You have to make a little adjustment to the addon.xml. 

<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.13.0"/>

should be changed to

<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>
@blistex Hello and welcome! The first issue is more than likely the window transition animation. The skin uses some fade animations, and I remember that the light colour scheme animations could sort of flash white under certain conditions. The dark version might fade into gray between windows, which might explain what you've mentioned. Given enough time, I think the animation would've gotten to black, but this way you're pretty much stuck with gray.

Anyway, you should start your search in Home.xml, and see exactly which animations are included in the transitions. Then go to Includes_Animation.xml. Entries like Animation_FadeOut or any other "fade" animation entries that crop up in the Home.xml are what's causing the gray transition. There are two simple solutions. The easiest way to avoid it is to replace the animation includes in Home.xml with another entry from the animations file, and just see how it looks. The other way would be to copy over some animation from a different skin into the appropriate entries in the Includes_Animation.xml. That will replace the effect skin-wide.

Regarding the number of items, I'm afraid that there's little in the way of any practical instruction I can give. Each view type is different and has plenty of quirks, there is no universal way of making everything to fit more content. If you have a particular view type in mind, however, I might be able to shed some light on what modifications you need to make to it in order to fit more stuff in.

@Tobango You need to go to MusicVisualisation.xml, line 103. You need to change "FanartFade" text to a colour code of your choice.

@Herr der Klinge Thank you for the kind words! To date, I've not heard from the gentleman that offered the German translation. If you have a complete translation ready, send me a PM and I'll include it in the next update.

@hisham.ahai This sounds like an issue with writing the settings.xml file. Make sure that it's writable and that the entries are properly recorded. 

@MM10 If I remember correctly, what you need is a smart playlist sorted by "Random". Could be wrong, though, I seem to remember someone in this thread outlining some changes in playlist controls introduced in Leia.

@arielf SkywalkerPD is correct. If you're unable to make this edit yourself, I'm preparing an update that will go live in a couple of days that fixes this problem.
ok, today in the afternoon I will try it and see if I can solve .. thank you
(2019-01-03, 16:28)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]@Herr der Klinge Thank you for the kind words! To date, I've not heard from the gentleman that offered the German translation. If you have a complete translation ready, send me a PM and I'll include it in the next update.

Thank you for the update. I'm nearly finished with the german language file. I'm unable to edit some text passages, e.g. the menu "Resources". 

My file contains:

msgctxt "#31257"
msgid "Resources"
msgstr "Ressourcen"

But apparently it has'nt any effect to Kodi. It remains Resources. Is it the wrong msgctxt? Do you know, how I can fix that?

PS: I'm not allowed to write PM, yet. I'll contact you asap.
it works ok with the latest version of libreelec milhouse, only that youtube addon does not work, if it works with another skin
Image How can I get rid of this info section shown below?
Hi Alanon,

1) Would it be possible to add "last played (date)" as a sorting option in the movie screen when you press "m"? It currently has Title, Year, Rating, Date Added,...

Or can you tell me where I can customize the values? When "debug infos" is on, it shows DialogSelect.xml, but this list of values is not in there.

2) When I select Movie -> Recently Played, I do not get recently played movies. I would expect 25 movies (the playlist has a top 25 if I am not mistaken), but in my case I have a (random?) list of 8 movies that I think is somehow based on recently added, but certainly not recently played.

Have you seen this issue before?

Greetings,

Hablaras
@kekz19 If you mean just the add-on update information, then look at Includes_Label.xml, specifically, include Label_RSS and you'll find the entry for the addon browser. Then, you need to go to Includes_Image.xml, to Image_RSS_Icon and delete the icon. However, you can't remove all information meant for that space completely, as all manner of temporary notifications will still appear there.

@Hablaras 1) The sorting options are all native Kodi functions. I don't think it's possible to add a sorting entry through a skin, at least I haven't seen it. 2) Thanks for bringing this to my attention! There is definitely something wrong here. However, it doesn't seem to be the fault of the skin. I've had the same (nonsensical) results in multiple skins when using this specific playlist as a widget, so I'm guessing that it's a skin shortcuts bug of sorts, perhaps even a Leia bug.

Sadly, I don't believe that we can do anything about it ourselves. A potential solution might be to create your own smart playlist, and hope that that might bring different results. If you don't know how to do that, here's some info. Then, all that's left is to add it as a widget from the skin shortcut setup menu (Select Widget - Video Library - Playlist) and hope for the best.
Hi Alanon,

Thanks for your quick reply

1) I feared this would be the case

2) >> perhaps even a Leia bug.
I am still using your Krypton version on RPi3 with OSMC Smile

>> A potential solution might be to create your own smart playlist
I have already created a couple, so know how to do this. BUT what I see now is that you CAN sort a smart list by "recently played". Didn't notice that before.
Beats me why they have the sorting option there, but not in the movie "sort by" screen...

Anyway, thanks a lot again for your reply and all your hard work!

Greetings,

Hablaras
Just a heads up, using this excellent skin on a CoreELEC build of Leia - when using the PVR and selecting "Recordings" it comes up blank.  Switching back to the Stock leia skin, the recordings appear.
(2019-01-12, 03:43)Usafle Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads up, using this excellent skin on a CoreELEC build of Leia - when using the PVR and selecting "Recordings" it comes up blank.  Switching back to the Stock leia skin, the recordings appear.
I'll check it out!