Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Having problems with the new joystick implementation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having some difficulties with the new joystick implementation of Kodi 17. I have been using my 360 controller to control Kodi ever since the XBMC days with no major problems ever, but after Kodi 17 I am having a major problem.

I have my PC connected to an Onkyo receiver and when I turn off the receiver Kodi will not reconnect to the controller after I turn on the receiver.
I have to restart Kodi to make it detect the controller anew. I have never had any problems in any previous Kodi version, I have not updated the drivers for the joypad and all other software is detecting the joypad without problems.

I turn off my reciever at 21:45:27, see the lamps on my 360 controller blink and when I turn the receiver on again kodi is no longer detecting the controller. This behaviour is new to Kodi 17 and never occurred in 16.1 so I assume there is something wrong in your new implementation.

I also noticed that when I control Kodi with the joystick I have no menu sounds. I spent hours trying to figure out why I could not hear the clicks of the GUI even though the movies and music play fine, then suddenly when I connected my USB keyboard to restart as Kodi had once again lost my controller I noticed that I had GUI sounds. So with keyboard controlling the GUI is making sounds, but with joystick controlling I have no sounds.

Debug Log http://pastebin.com/EXVu83qG