Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi sets framerate to 24hz on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a Sony Bravia 4k tv and connected it to my HTPC with Windows 10 running Kodi.

The desktop resolution is set to 1080p 60hz and looking good. But when I start up kodi it automatically sets the resolution of the tv to 1080p 24hz.

The menu is very choppy like this. The strange thing is that the automatic setting of the refresh rate seems to be working well (I set it to start/stop). Video's are playing well, and I'm not entirely sure, but if I play "normal" videofiles it seems to set the display to 60hz.

I've read online that you can choose the framerate together with the resolution in the settings of Kodi, but I can't find that option (see added picture) I've already set the menu to expert.

What can this be?

The line that states 1080 x 1920p, you should be able to click on the resolution figure and open up different configurations. In windowed mode, Kodi will take the desktop res and cycles. Borderless windows will also take on the desktop res. Your graphic card settings should define Kodi's custom screen. Check compatibility configuration in the Kodi launch icons properties, but shouldn't be needed.

Moving to video support
(2017-02-21, 22:57)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]The line that states 1080 x 1920p, you should be able to click on the resolution figure and open up different configurations. In windowed mode, Kodi will take the desktop res and cycles. Borderless windows will also take on the desktop res. Your graphic card settings should define Kodi's custom screen. Check compatibility configuration in the Kodi launch icons properties, but shouldn't be needed.

Moving to video support
Thanks. When I click on the resolution it just gives me a list with all available resolutions. I've tried windowed mode but it doesn't change anything. I've checked the compatibility configuration, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary. "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" is checked. I've tried to start Kodi with it unchecked but it made no difference. I guess that setting is standard since I didn't change it.
Windowed mode should be the same as desktop 60 cycles, considering it's sitting right on top. But I suspect that desktop on the TV is not the product of your graphic card, but of the Sony display engine.
(2017-02-22, 04:02)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Windowed mode should be the same as desktop 60 cycles, considering it's sitting right on top. But I suspect that desktop on the TV is not the product of your graphic card, but of the Sony display engine.
You are correct. It didn't work without restarting kodi, but now it does. Thanks. Any drawbacks to running in windowed mode? I read it can affect performance.