Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help on creating categories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I understand it's now easier to create categories with Kodi Krypton and Estuary. But I don't know where to start. Should I use the Library Node Editor addon?
I want to create 2 categories : cartoons (or animation) and documentaries. How can I do that?
Thanks!!
Gz
I'm interessted into this as well.
Could somebody give a hint?
Create a new node with the Library Node Editor and give it custom rules. Filter on Genre for Cartoons/animation and Documentaries.
Thanks a lot, thanks to your info I was able to create my first Library node. How can I add it to the main menu in the home screen? I tried messing with the skin options but I didn't find how to do it. Thanks.
(2017-03-01, 02:29)grendizer Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot, thanks to your info I was able to create my first Library node. How can I add it to the main menu in the home screen? I tried messing with the skin options but I didn't find how to do it. Thanks.

If you're talking about the left menu, you can't. At least not with the default Estuary. There might be a mod that would do it. New video nodes will show up in the category list in either the TV Show or Movie section (depending on where you save the node).
I see, thanks for the info Smile