Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Not Supported
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently, I bought a Sharp Aquos LC-55/50LE570X. It runs Android 4.4.4 and it works flawlessly... However, my main purpose of getting an Android TV is to run Kodi. I've been a supporter of Kodi since 2015 and I even introduced it to my whole family. Okay, sorry about all that sub note, back to the point... I unboxed my tv and set up my android account. I went to Google Playstore hoping to be able to set up kodi by that day to sit back and relax. When I search kodi on Google Play it appeared but when I tried to install it, it says that it is not compatible with my device. Its been 3 days now and I've been wrecking my brains researching on Google to resolve the problem. I tried various methods such as downloading the apk and even rooting but to no avail. The forum here is my last resort. I hope to get some answers soon... PleaseSad Please guide me on how to download kodi on my smart tv.
First, you DON'T HAVE Android TV. What you have is a TV that is running ancinent regular android for everything.
Second, it clearly states on google play that you need at least android 5 for krypton. So, forget krypton on that TV. Go to kodi downloads and find older versins somewhere at the bottom of the page and sideload that.
Dear fine sir, thanks a lot for your reply. I see, my tv is not an android tv. Looks like the sales person don't know the best stuff hahaha. Anyway, thanks for the guide/tips, I'll try is tmr and hopefully it will work. I'll update the results in this thread.
What I read about your TV is that it is Android but it's version 4.4.4 and you need at least version 5.0 for Kodi 17. So you might be able to sideload Kodi 16.1 and use it if Sharp doesn't offer an update to Android V5.0 or better.
If you bought it recently, it was really a lack of research on your side - since actual version of Android is 7.x!!! And your TV has 4.x, which is stone age in IT terms.... so it simply is not compatible anymore. I'm not trying to be "smart" - I also have a phone with 4.4 Smile but I bought it 4 years ago....
Hahahahaha, this tv was in a see and buy situation. I see it and I just bought it hahaha!
Good news! I got it to work with 16.1 Jarvis! Just want to say thanks a lot for all the replies and guides. It is all greatly appreciated!
Yeah well...Sharp's Philippine support site, sux. No software what so ever seems to be available. Wonder why...

Good luck with 16.1...it should be OK for you until Kodi gets big changes and the addons get updated for new versions of Kodi.
try spmc instead. It should be in the google play store. It is a branch of kodi v16.
If that happens, I'll get an Android Box then.

I got kodi to work so I'll stick with Kodi for now. Thanks for the suggestion!
If that happens, I'll get an Android Box then.

I got kodi to work so I'll stick with Kodi for now. Thanks for the suggestion!
I wouldn't get an Android box for Kodi. 17 has big issues with smb shares there are posts all over these forums about it. I had it working on my samsung tab and just this morning it has quit again. So, I'm done with Kodi on Android. Get something that runs Windows 10 like a NUC or Zotac box. Prices are close to the same and in some instances cheaper. You won't even have to run windows you can use linux or openelec if you want. No more worries about being outdated in a year either.

I'm not bashing either Kodi or Android...just sayin'....
(2017-02-24, 17:19)flhthemi Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm done with Kodi on Android. Get something that runs Windows 10 like a NUC or Zotac box.
He he...
How long did it take to reach this conclusion.... ?

There is not even a need to spend a fortune these days. Just get an el cheapo AMLogic S905(x) box. Throw LibreELEC on to a Samsung EVO or Sandisk Class 10 microSDHC. Plug in power up and relax. You will be amazed at how well Kodi runs then. Smile