Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR Notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is there a way to completely disable all PVR notifications?

With pvr enabled of course.
Yes. The connection settings are on the general tab, and the toner notifications are on the recording tab.
My printer won't stop those bloody toner notifications, is it kodi doing that?
(2017-02-23, 08:42)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. The connection settings are on the general tab, and the toner notifications are on the recording tab.

Toner == timer, I guess?

You can disable "connection lost" and "timer" notifications, but there are others, you can't disable.
(2017-02-23, 09:30)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-23, 08:42)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. The connection settings are on the general tab, and the toner notifications are on the recording tab.

Toner == timer, I guess?

You can disable "connection lost" and "timer" notifications, but there are others, you can't disable.

Yes, damn that autocorrect. And what other PVR notifications are there? I disable both of those notification settings, and I now receive no PVR notifications (other than the guide population when first starting Kodi).
(2017-02-23, 11:10)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-23, 09:30)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]

Toner == timer, I guess?

Yes, damn that autocorrect. And what other PVR notifications are there? I disable both of those notification settings, and I now receive no PVR notifications (other than the guide population when first starting Kodi).

There can be notifications under very special circumstances, like failed channel switching or wrong backend credentials, nothing that happens in a properly setup environment.
Thank you, yes I have done that, and yes it keeps showing toner refills on start up and it popped up that the toner was no longer available when we were watching a ripped show for some reason.

No big deal if it only shows on startup.

As an aside is channel switching with hardware acceleration enabled on android fixed in Leia?
(2017-02-23, 17:32)bilbonvidia Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, yes I have done that, and yes it keeps showing toner refills on start up and it popped up that the toner was no longer available when we were watching a ripped show for some reason.

No big deal if it only shows on startup.

As an aside is channel switching with hardware acceleration enabled on android fixed in Leia?

TonerHuh Which toner? Kodi has no toner or printers.

Are you talking about Kodi notifications or notifications from the underlying operating system? If the latter, go and look where you can disable those notifications in the settings of your operating system.
I think he means the load messages on Kodi startup. On my machine that can go on for two minutes which is very annoying when I just want to listen to internet radio.

Martin
(2017-02-23, 19:57)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]I think he means the load messages on Kodi startup. On my machine that can go on for two minutes which is very annoying when I just want to listen to internet radio.

Martin

Which load messages and why are they annoying?
Notifications for "PVR manager is starting up" and "Loading guide from client" are on screen scrolling data for about two minutes and the scrolling text I find annoying because it is basically showing debug information which distracts me while I try to navigate elsewhere.

There is also a confirm dialog that opens when the add-on can't be loaded. I only have my backend up for recordings and live tv a few hours a day so this is frustrating when it popups over a video.

Martin
The Loading guide message only shows up when kodi first starts, which should be a rare event. I just leave it running all the time.
(2017-02-23, 21:30)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]Notifications for "PVR manager is starting up" and "Loading guide from client" are on screen scrolling data for about two minutes and the scrolling text I find annoying because it is basically showing debug information which distracts me while I try to navigate elsewhere.

There is also a confirm dialog that opens when the add-on can't be loaded. I only have my backend up for recordings and live tv a few hours a day so this is frustrating when it popups over a video.

Martin

Are we talking about Estuary skin?

Are we talking about the loading message in the upper right corner of the screen that gets displayed on Kodi startup? Why is it annoying? Just because text scrolls? Or does the message hide something else on screen that is important for you?

Which pvr add-on are we talking about? Mine does not show a message box if my backend is not reachable. Seems like an add-on bug to me if it refuses to load if the backend is down.
Since I shutdown Kodi often this isn't rare fo me.

Martin
(2017-02-23, 22:18)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Are we talking about Estuary skin?

Yes although better then Confluence.

Quote:Are we talking about the loading message in the upper right corner of the screen that gets displayed on Kodi startup? Why is it annoying? Just because text scrolls?
Yes The busy wheel does distract me as I try to navigate because the movement takes my visual focus from the main menu. Even when I am waiting for the PVR functions to be available on the main menu there is too much info. Perhaps 200 channels makes it more annoying.

Quote:Which pvr add-on are we talking about? Mine does not show a message box if my backend is not reachable. Seems like an add-on bug to me if it refuses to load if the backend is down.

pvr.nextpvr it could be the addon but it shows as follows http://imgur.com/Cy5nHkP

Martin
Pages: 1 2