Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary Plus Skin - easier to read throughout (UPDATED 30/07/2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2017-09-15, 18:43)photolis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi linknet,
I am so happy with your Estuary Plus skin using it every day since March 2017. I cannot imagine at all using Kodi without your BIG improvement. Anyway, Leia is coming now and many of us will probably update one day, mainly because Kodi developers will not fix any bugs in Krypton more (e.g. the lousy rewind bug, which is already fixed in current Leia version). And therefore I am very unhappy finding the Leia is incompatible with Estuary Plus. I would like to ask you, please: is there any hope you could modify your brilliant skin for Leia some time?
 See first post for updated Estuary Plus Skin for Leia  Smile
Hi @linknet , Wish I'd seen your improvements earlier !!   Although I use most of kodi's features, my family's main use case is for live TV in combination with tvh.

Two things I was wondering.  Firstly, there were some improvements made to the displaying of show icons and channel icons when playing back a recording on 13/09/18.  I hope you'll be updating soon.

Secondly, I have set up channel groups to facilitate moving around the guide quickly.  So, I have 'all channels', 'favourites', 'films', 'music', 'kids', 'news', etc - something similar to the sky guide on non Q boxes. But, there is an issue !  Currently, to get to those, you have to scroll all the way to the top of the current channel list and then one more press of 'up' takes you to the groups bar.  I think this is a clunky way of it working (all 4 of my kodi instances are remote only, no keyboard and certainly no mouse attached) and I wondered if it was possible to make the 'back' action move to that bar from the guide ?

If that could be done, it would be possible to enter the guide, scroll up and down the programs and then press 'back' to change the channel group.  Down should take you to the first channel in that list (as it does now).  Two presses of 'back' should exit the guide.  If that's possible, for me at any rate, it would make the guide damn near perfect.

If it's possible but you don't want to implement it in your mod, if you could post or PM me the relevant bits of the code to change then I can have a stab at doing it myself.

Finally, thanks for paying some attention to pvr.  It's an area that many skinners seem to neglect yet 90% of my family's use is pvr and we can't be the only ones!

Cheers for your consideration Smile
(2018-09-14, 09:45)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]There were some improvements made to the displaying of show icons and channel icons when playing back a recording on 13/09/18.  I hope you'll be updating soon.
I've updated it to reflect the latest changes in Leia Beta2, is this the update you are referring to or are you using the nightly builds?

(2018-09-14, 09:45)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]I have set up channel groups to facilitate moving around the guide quickly.  So, I have 'all channels', 'favourites', 'films', 'music', 'kids', 'news', etc - something similar to the sky guide on non Q boxes. But, there is an issue !  Currently, to get to those, you have to scroll all the way to the top of the current channel list and then one more press of 'up' takes you to the groups bar.  I think this is a clunky way of it working (all 4 of my kodi instances are remote only, no keyboard and certainly no mouse attached) and I wondered if it was possible to make the 'back' action move to that bar from the guide ?
I agree that this is awkward using a remote, you could try editing this section of the keyboard.xml file:

:

<TVGuide>
    <keyboard>
      <g mod="ctrl">Back</g>
      <e>PreviousMenu</e>
      <t>ShowTimerRule</t>
      <epg>PreviousMenu</epg>
      <g>NextChannelGroup</g>
      <z>NextChannelGroup</z>

<backspace>NextChannelGroup</backspace>     <!-- back should now select next channel group -->
      <backspace mod="longpress">Back</backspace> <!-- longpress back should now exit tvguide -->

<browser_back mod="longpress">Number0</browser_back> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
      <period mod="longpress">ChannelNumberSeparator</period>
    </keyboard>
  </TVGuide>

Not quite what you suggested but might be worth a try  Smile
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that! - You've now given me the idea that I might be able to re-map the ff and rew buttons to NextChannelGroup and PreviousChannelGroup, which isn't ideal exactly but would give me a useable scenario without too much issue.  My kids will take less than 30 seconds to learn how to do it, the wife, probably a little longer lol.

I'm currently running 18.0-BETA3 Git:20180913-e313d39 built from source.  I tend to watch the pvr development, so I just waited until ksooo's changes were merged into master and then pulled that and built it.  If it stays stable (and it has so far) and no other changes are merged that I need or interest me, it'll probably stay like that on my main rig.

Think I'll go and play with keyboard.xml and see if I can break it get it to work.  It's been five years since I set all this up !!  Thanks once again for the pointer Big Grin
(2018-09-14, 15:14)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]You've now given me the idea that I might be able to re-map the ff and rew buttons to NextChannelGroup and PreviousChannelGroup, which isn't ideal exactly but would give me a useable scenario without too much issue. Big Grin
Brilliant idea, works fine:

Code:
  <TVGuide>
    <keyboard>
      <g mod="ctrl">Back</g>
      <e>PreviousMenu</e>
      <t>ShowTimerRule</t>
      <epg>PreviousMenu</epg>
      <g>NextChannelGroup</g>
      <z>PreviousChannelGroup</z>
      <f mod="ctrl,shift">NextChannelGroup</f>
      <b mod="ctrl,shift">PreviousChannelGroup</b>
      <backspace mod="longpress">Number0</backspace> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
      <browser_back mod="longpress">Number0</browser_back> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
      <period mod="longpress">ChannelNumberSeparator</period>
    </keyboard>
  </TVGuide>

The latest Plus Skin update for the build you are using is in first the post Smile
(2018-09-14, 15:41)linknet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-14, 15:14)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]You've now given me the idea that I might be able to re-map the ff and rew buttons to NextChannelGroup and PreviousChannelGroup, which isn't ideal exactly but would give me a useable scenario without too much issue. Big Grin
The latest Plus Skin update for the build you are using is in first the post Smile    
 Brilliant, I've grabbed it Smile

For ref, here is my remote.xml - works really well.  I have no idea why I didn't think of it myself!   Once again, many thanks.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <TVGuide>
    <remote>
      <forward>NextChannelGroup</forward>
      <reverse>PreviousChannelGroup</reverse>
    </remote>
  </TVGuide>
</keymap>
Hi, your skin looks very nice ! Is there a way to add custom shortcuts on Home menu ?
thanx
(2018-09-15, 10:40)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-14, 15:41)linknet Wrote: [ -> ]

For ref, here is my remote.xml - works really well.  I have no idea why I didn't think of it myself!   Once again, many thanks.
Code:
<keymap>
  <TVGuide>
    <remote>
    </remote>
  </TVGuide>
</keymap>
 It's note include in this skin ? It's just usefull for me with a mibox ! I can't Switch groups with my remonte :/
(2018-10-01, 09:28)chamkill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-15, 10:40)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-14, 15:41)linknet Wrote: [ -> ]The latest Plus Skin update for the build you are using is in first the post Smile     

Code:
<keymap>
  <TVGuide>
    <remote>
    </remote>
  </TVGuide>
</keymap>
 It's note include in this skin ? It's just usefull for me with a mibox ! I can't Switch groups with my remonte :/  
No because it overrides default behaviour.  You need to find the location of your userdata folder (see userdata (wiki)).  Inside that there is a directory called keymaps.  Create a file called remote.xml in the keymaps directory with the contents I posted and restart Kodi.  Now the ff and rew keys will change the channel group but ONLY in the guide window.  Everywhere else they will work as ff and rew.
(2018-10-01, 09:58)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-01, 09:28)chamkill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-15, 10:40)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ] Brilliant, I've grabbed it Smile

Code:
<keymap>
  <TVGuide>
    <remote>
    </remote>
  </TVGuide>
</keymap>
No because it overrides default behaviour.  You need to find the location of your userdata folder (see userdata (wiki)).  Inside that there is a directory called keymaps.  Create a file called remote.xml in the keymaps directory with the contents I posted and restart Kodi.  Now the ff and rew keys will change the channel group but ONLY in the guide window.  Everywhere else they will work as ff and rew. 
wow very nice ! thanks for ur answer !
(2018-10-01, 09:13)chamkill Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, your skin looks very nice ! Is there a way to add custom shortcuts on Home menu ?
thanx
Thanks, but I'm afraid what you see is what you get!

My intention was never to add any new features but merely to make the original design more readable.
Yep, i really like the original estuary skin, it miss 2 things
Groups in pvr guide ( for the Android TV box, because unable to click on option with the remonte)
And add custom shortcuts.
The readability you add is a very nice extra Smile
Hi
How did u get the colored epg ?
And did u get the 2 groups Channel ?
Please .
Thanks
(2018-10-02, 15:24)chamkill Wrote: [ -> ]How did u get the colored epg ?
And did u get the 2 groups Channel ?
1. Your backend TV Server needs to send genres/categories and Kodi will automatically assign colours to them.
2. You can create multiple groups in the PVR settings. 
3. Custom shortcuts will not be added as I stated before WYSIWYG.
I'm using a m3u file with groups in this m3u,
I Can change between different groups in pvr but i haven't groups appears like the pic 🤔
I'm using a mi box and can't select groups on the bottom left corner option with my remonte 😢
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8