Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary Plus Skin - easier to read throughout (UPDATED 30/07/2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2021-02-24, 00:26)linknet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-23, 21:12)popy Wrote: [ -> ]@linknet
Any chance to get an update for matrix?
Can't barley read the epg/channels... From the couch.

Thx
I'm afraid at the moment I have everything working perfectly, just as I want it, so there isn't any incentive to update to Matrix with all of the extra work that entails.
I understand this.
I also will go back to 18.9 because of too much troubles and very very low WAF in 19 on Android TV (Sometimes it just freezes, timeshift in PVR does'nt work, ...).

Is the latest estuary plus compatible with 18.9?

thx a lot
pOpY
@popy There were no changes to the original Estuary Skin between 18.8 and 18.9 so the Estuary Plus Skin 18.8 is fully compatible with Leia 18.9. I just forgot to update the first post.

By the way what is WAF?
(2021-02-24, 10:01)linknet Wrote: [ -> ]@popy There were no changes to the original Estuary Skin between 18.8 and 18.9 so the Estuary Plus Skin 18.8 is fully compatible with Leia 18.9. I just forgot to update the first post.

By the way what is WAF?
Thx for the hint, will use the latest one from OP for 18.9.

The WAF is the Women/Wife acceptance factor  Rofl Cool

Thx
I'm afraid at the moment I have everything working perfectly, just as I want it, so there isn't any incentive to update to Matrix with all of the extra work that entails.
Hey, me again.

Any chance now getting an matrix version?
Me and my wife cant hardly read the original one :-)
I can help test if you need testers.

Matrix and it's addons is slowly progressing and want to give it another shot.

thx a lot
(2021-04-12, 12:34)popy Wrote: [ -> ]

Thx
Hey, me again.

thx a lot
Sorry to disappoint but still the same message "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

It's about time the Kodi Developers listened to all the threads that have been posted regarding this, unless you have an enormous television or sit two feet away from the screen the interface is unreadable.

Thx
Hey, me again.

thx a lot

To get it to run would be very simple, all you would need to do is change this line https://github.com/linknetx/skin.estuary...don.xml#L4 in the addon.xml to

xml:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

However you will likely find some things to be broken, if you're lucky then anything broken may not be important to you.
(2021-04-12, 13:10)linknet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-24, 00:26)linknet Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid at the moment I have everything working perfectly, just as I want it, so there isn't any incentive to update to Matrix with all of the extra work that entails.
Hey, me again.

thx a lot
Sorry to disappoint but still the same message "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

It's about time the Kodi Developers listened to all the threads that have been posted regarding this, unless you have an enormous television or sit two feet away from the screen the interface is unreadable.
got you.
Me personally i have posted this issue multiple times over the forum, but i think team kodi don't want to hear such feedback (just my personal opinion).
Other UIs of Android TV apps (Netflix, Disney+) are good to read, but kodi not.
Estuary is really an very professional looking skin!
But kodi need's an DEFAULT installed skin which we (age 5 years+) can also read  Angel

Really just want an kodi option to set an font size offset and dynamic resizeable skins.
My two cents.

pOpY
@popy 

Exactly, might be worth trying the suggestion from @jjd-uk  and see exactly what would be broken.
A question:

Did you 'just' changed font size and according alements size/position or is the something fundamentally changed /added?

Did an beyond compare back a few months between estuary default and plus but sadly had no time to begin porting to estuary default v19.
Can't remember right.

If there are 'just' things changed like mentioned above I could try to find time to port things over to v19.

An idea:
Add an setting 'plus mode' and just change things when this setting is active. This way we could try make an PR to the official one. When such a thing would be implemented in the official one also changes on the original on (from other people's and the maintainer) must check their changes if they are also working in 'plus mode'. This way we could 'force' [emoji6]team kodi to maintain the skin, but we do the initial work.

What do you think?

POpY
If it was straightforward I would have already done it, I went through each page changing the font size, the size of text boxes and generally repositioning everything until I was happy with it. I've added new variables and edited some of the existing ones, removed some items to make more space for items I thought were more relevant. It was altogether a lot of work which I don't want to revisit, sorry.
@linknet 
I have merged most changes from estuary plus version 2.0.28 into current 3.0.5 estuary for matrix an made an "unofficial" 3.0.5 estuary plus  Cool
Not tested much because lack of time, but mostly, it's easier to read, yippie!
Must test further in the comming days.

If anybody is interested, here is my first test version: https://www109.zippyshare.com/v/rrNfldv4/file.html

@linknet should i'll try to PR the changes?
Or do have tried that without luck already?

have fun
pOpY
(2021-04-20, 22:55)popy Wrote: [ -> ]@linknet 
I have merged most changes from estuary plus version 2.0.28 into current 3.0.5 estuary for matrix an made an "unofficial" 3.0.5 estuary plus  Cool
Not tested much because lack of time, but mostly, it's easier to read, yippie!
Must test further in the comming days.

If anybody is interested, here is my first test version: https://www109.zippyshare.com/v/rrNfldv4/file.html

@linknet should i'll try to PR the changes?
Or do have tried that without luck already?

have fun
pOpY

Thanks
You're welcome.
Nice that it works for you.
(2021-06-09, 22:24)popy Wrote: [ -> ]You're welcome.
Nice that it works for you.
links says 403 forbidden can you please update it.
I have reuploaded it to zippyshare, here you can download it: https://www69.zippyshare.com/v/t79UZWeT/file.html

Have fun
pOpY
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8